BBC THREE TO BE AXED

PowerButchi

• Moderators

It was rumoured on Media Guardian and 5 live, now BBC news is confirming it will be announced tomorrow to save 100m. This is wonderful news. The channel is targeted at me, but not once have I not hated it. Too much shite Seth MacFarlane imports, too many docs like "My Swollen Piles and Me", too many trendy 18 year olds from cities who anyone not in London or similar would feel any connection with.

Other than Our War and Summer Heights High it was all dire. Happy to see it go.

• Paid Members

Should be noted that though some reports are saying BBC3 will be moved online, it's not actually going to be a channel anymore at all. BBC says it *might* retain the branding to use for some online only shows, but they won't be producing multiple hours of stuff every day anymore.

It's actually had some decent ish docs on there over time including:-

Also had a lot of time for World's Strictest Parents, who were in fact, dead reasonable for the main. Their films which were usually ITV4 fayre like Armageddon, The Rock and The Incredibles.

Some of the comedy including Two Pints, Coming of Age, Lee Nelson and others have been excreble, though the Edinburgh Stand Up Stuff was good

Also enjoyed the recent A&E Thing, with young doctors being trained up.

To the i-player, Batman

• Moderators

We've all seen the channel Pat. We don't need a rundown of the schedules like we don't own televisions.

Been talking with people saying "where can they debut new comedy now?". Simple' BBC 2 like the old days.

We've all seen the channel Pat. We don't need a rundown of the schedules like we don't own televisions.

Been talking with people saying "where can they debut new comedy now?". Simple' BBC 2 like the old days.

It wasnt! I was just noting that the doc is ace and linking it. I noted some other stuff that I liked on it. It's all along way from the Johnny Vaughn launch night chatshow thing, simulcast on BBC2 which had Wossy on and was bobbins.

There will always be Monkey Dust and Clive though :)

• Moderators
Been talking with people saying "where can they debut new comedy now?".

Based on the quality of some of them, I'd prefer it if they just didn't.

True.

Russell Kane on 5live blaming OLD elitists.

Archived