UKFF WWE Network FAQ

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anyone elses wwe network playing up at the moment? trying to watch battleground and its being a right pain in the arse  Thanks btw @FelatioLips, i just did that and it works 

It'll offer you the choice of watching live or from beginning mate. 

It starts at 4pm though, but I guess that doesn't make a difference to your question.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

I'd be all over it if it was launched through Sky. Probably in the minority on that one, but as an existing customer it would be great if the Network live stream was a Sky channel and the rest of the content was all available via On Demand.

I'd be well up for that for sure. Anything that allows me to watch their back catalogue on demand and easily on telly (ie not fucking about with extra leads or whatnot) works for me.
  • Paid Members

A few newz sites are claiming Sky sent an email today saying the Network isn't through them and will be OTT. They also supposedly happen to mention they have exclusive rights to WWE PPV's for 5 years. Anyone get it, or is it more bad reporting?

EDIT- As pasted on 411 without so much as a screen shot:

Sky TV has sent an email to fans in the UK which says the WWE Network will not be a standalone satellite channel on Sky in the UK. It will instead be an “over the top” online service.

The email also mentioned that Sky has signed an agreement with WWE to air their 12 PPV events each year from January 2015 to 2019 “exclusively in the UK and Ireland.”

Credit: Rajah

Edited by Benno

If that deals signed will the WWE be able to show the PPV'S on the network here?or would they be in breach of the sky contract?

I think that's the entire problem.  They were effectively giving away for free what Sky wanted to charge for.  Plus, the C and D shows like Superstars and Main Event get good ratings for Sky Sports, so their value is diminished if folks can watch them on the Network. 

I'd be all over it if it was launched through Sky. Probably in the minority on that one, but as an existing customer it would be great if the Network live stream was a Sky channel and the rest of the content was all available via On Demand.

I'd be well up for that for sure. Anything that allows me to watch their back catalogue on demand and easily on telly (ie not fucking about with extra leads or whatnot) works for me.

This is the best answer by far, to have a channel with on demand/catch up all built within sky's current blue menu screen thingy is definitely, in my mind, the most user friendly option I've heard as to how to release the network in the UK. However, it wont cost $9.99! I honestly couldn't stomach paying between 50-60 pounds per month (I'm not a sky customer but after line rental, basic package, sports package and anything else sky charge for, it's got to be close to £50) for exactly the same as Americans get for £7 (ish)

I honestly couldn't stomach paying between 50-60 pounds per month (I'm not a sky customer but after line rental, basic package, sports package and anything else sky charge for, it's got to be close to £50) for exactly the same as Americans get for £7 (ish)

That seems like an actual mental thing to say. Americans don't get a full cable package with sports channels and WWE all for £7. Jesus Christ. They have to have cable to watch Raw and Smackdown as well. If you don't want the rest of the Sky package, you could just get the internet version of the WWE Network. It works out under a tenner every month even with Unblock US.

That seems like an actual mental thing to say. Americans don't get a full cable package with sports channels and WWE all for £7. Jesus Christ. They have to have cable to watch Raw and Smackdown as well. If you don't want the rest of the Sky package, you could just get the internet version of the WWE Network. It works out under a tenner every month even with Unblock US.

Sure, Raw & Smackdown aren't on the network and so to watch these, anywhere in the world, there are added costs to gain access to which ever channel it is on. But that aside, If the WWE network comes to us via Sky then there is no way we can watch the WWE network for just $9.99

It's delivered to the US audience as a stand alone entity which is accessed through WWE.com. If it come to us through Sky, then we are forced to pay for the basic sky package plus the sports package in order to get the WWE Network.

I'm just chatting about how they'd want/expect us to sign up, and not chatting about using Unblock US.

• Paid Members

At what point do people think WWE are likely to pull the plug on the network? 

Hard to know. They've already killed their US PPV business, at least for the B shows. They can only get to break-even by cutbacks - but then the product suffers and less people feel urged to subscribe - so it's a vicious circle.

They can't pull the plug on the network and go back to pay-per-view now. They fucked up estimating how many people were willing to pay $10 a month for wrestling rather than $50-60 a month for wrestling, and now they'll never get most of those people going back to the big prices.

I'm just chatting about how they'd want/expect us to sign up, and not chatting about using Unblock US.

Then don't say we're forced to pay some hyperbolic £50+ a month charge for what Americans are paying $9.99 for (especially as a Sky channel wouldn't be the same thing as the OTT network anyway). We can already pay $14.98 for the exact same thing the US network subscribers get, if we're obsessed with keeping up with the Joneses.

Edited by King Pitcos
  • Awards Moderator

They can't pull the plug on the network and go back to pay-per-view now. They fucked up estimating how many people were willing to pay $10 a month for wrestling rather than $50-60 a month for wrestling, and now they'll never get most of those people going back to the big prices.

Then don't say we're forced to pay some hyperbolic £50+ a month charge for what Americans are paying $9.99 for (especially as a Sky channel wouldn't be the same thing as the OTT network anyway). We can already pay $14.98 for the exact same thing the US network subscribers get, if we're obsessed with keeping up with the Joneses.

Slappy completely has a point. The Network is not available for everyone, either because the technicals are beyond them (I know, I know) or there are other technical barriers. If it goes to Sky, it will be around £30 a month assuming they don't put it into the Sports package.

(Incidentally, can we have a forum fight to determine who gets to keep the "Slapnut (s)" name? It's really dumb they have such similar names.)

Slappy completely has a point. The Network is not available for everyone, either because the technicals are beyond them (I know, I know) or there are other technical barriers.

If someone can sign up to a billing agreement, then the technicals aren't beyond them. There's no arcane science involved. The kind of dullbrain who wouldn't be able to do it is the same kind who has to ask someone to sign up to Netflix for them.

The network is available for everyone who has a computer, a modern games console, an Apple mobile/tablet, and various other devices. If it launched here as an OTT service, it would also require people to have broadband and compatible devices, they're not going to beam it into your head via magic. "$9.99 a month, mate? IS IT FUCK! £4 A WEEK TO LITTLEWOODS FOR A PS4 TO WATCH IT ON AS WELL, AND £15 A MONTH TO TESCO FOR THE INTERNET. THEY NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THAT, ROBBING MCMAHON BASTARDS."

Furthermore, what kind of cunt is a wrestling fan and hasn't got Sky already? The kind of cunt who watches everything online illegally, like all of us. There are very few, I'd say zero or very close to it, people who aren't already forking out for a Sky subscription but would do if it had the WWE Network. "I've never been interested in this Raw and Smackdown malarkey before, but yeah, fuck it, here's £60 for a Sky package with the WWE Network, Rupert!"

In short: There's nobody who realistically would have no Sky charges now but then have loads because it had WWE network.

Edited by King Pitcos