UKFF WWE Network FAQ

Will try this next week but I was thinking:

If I have a subscription to the network already and download the app and everything to my iphone, will I be able to watch it through my 'US' account that I have now but just be connected in England?

Surely it would be just like streaming any other kind of content wouldn't it.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anyone elses wwe network playing up at the moment? trying to watch battleground and its being a right pain in the arse  Thanks btw @FelatioLips, i just did that and it works 

It'll offer you the choice of watching live or from beginning mate. 

It starts at 4pm though, but I guess that doesn't make a difference to your question.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

As far as I can tell, if you're already a subscriber, everything will work exactly the same as now but you won't need to use a VPN/DNS/other service that disguises your location. (That's assuming the PPV blackout story is bollocks.)

• Paid Members

Does that mean it's available now?  It does say on wwe.com  BY October 1st, not on October 1st.

There's no sign of actually being able to make the purchase yet in the iPhone app, though that may be different if you don't have a WWE account/network sub already. Either way, the geoblock is definitely still active.

FWIW, Brian Elliott just tweeted that the new issue of FSM next week will mention/confirm that it's not going to be a channel on Sky.

For those who are waiting for the UK launch, what's the reason you haven't gone down the VPN route and pay for the US version?  Is it just the hassle of setting up a VPN?  A friend of mine (who is a massive techie) is constantly complaining about the wait, and I just can't figure out why he just won't get the US version.

• Paid Members

I re-signed up to WWE Network and Unblock-Us last week not knowing Wednesday was the supposed launch of the UK version. Pretty glad I did now.

Setting up on my PS3 was pretty easy. Took about 10 minutes to sign up to Unblock-Us, set up a US PSN, download the app, and get to watching the latest NXT Takeover. Means I don’t have to watch it via Chrome and the Hola extension, which for some annoying reason refreshes the page every 15 minutes or so. Tried to watch the SummerSlam main event on my MacBook and it really took away from the match, refreshing part-way during a German suplex flurry.

Edited by Your Fight Site
  • Awards Moderator

I was waiting for that: the technical stuff doesn't scare me but the reason is twofold: I watch all of my on-demand TV through Android devices. As is well known Android devices are sticky about this, using the geo-location which can be overcome but is not consistent. I don't really want to watch through a computer, nor do I have space to hook a computer to the TV. I also would be watching in other places (e.g. work) where I won't have the luxury of Unblock-Us.

I'm a little wary as well that one day WWE might decide to be more thorough and properly shut down non-US viewers with no recourse.