Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Boy

Best things to watch on the network?

New Timeline with Savage vs Flair is great fun. It's only half an hour and only really covers the build to WrestleMania 8, but it's a lovely compilation. Some of Flair's fashion choices are amazing.

Now holding out for the Savage vs Roberts one, which would be incredible.

Edited by JNLister

I watched that last night.  Really liking the Timeline series.

Nice for them to cover some feuds without doing a full on documentary type show like "Rivalries"

Edited by The Dart

My goodness, that Savage/Flair Timeline was joyously brilliant. What a time to be a fan. And how good was Gene Okerlund?!

1 hour ago, The Dart said:

NXT UK’s big announcement was they are doing an 8 man trophy tournament where all the matches will be traditional British rules.

Gas roh are back to proper tv with the pure title tournament this week too ..very similar and coincidental

More Independent stuff added, they seem to be adding one event per promotion each week.

Latest additions are-

* ICW Fear & Loathing XI (Kay Lee Ray v Viper Queen of Insanity Match, Lionheart v Jackie Polo Title v Career Match)
* Progress Chapter 83 - Remove Child Before Ironing (Ilja Draganov v Timothy Thatcher, Swords of Essex v CCK)

* EVOLVE 124 (Street Profits and alleged nonce Velveteen Dream v The Unwanted)

* wXw We Love Wrestling 2 (Die Prügelbrüder v Bobby Gunns & Norman Harris) which is their most recent event 

4 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I read recently that some episodes of Velocity are to be added this month, are they on there yet does anyone know?

Used to love that little show!

Only episode that seems to be there (Dec 17th 2005) is tucked away in the Hidden Gems

On 9/15/2020 at 8:57 AM, The King of Old School said:

I read recently that some episodes of Velocity are to be added this month, are they on there yet does anyone know?

Used to love that little show!

From what I recall Velocity was often main evented by a cruiserweight match no agent thought about beyond "you've got 8 minutes", so often had the odd fun little match. It had a few one shots too at one point didn't it? Didn't Bryan, joe, Loki and others turn up to make noble, Kidman or tajiri look good, or am I thinking of heat?

Edit: I might even be thinking of metal, where even just Joe was a star.

Edited by Tommy!

Low-Ki fought Essa Rios on Metal, and it fucking ruled. Bryan vs Cena was on Velocity.

Just Joe was a Sunday Night Heat Original.

Edited by BomberPat

10 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

From what I recall Velocity was often main evented by a cruiserweight match no agent thought about beyond "you've got 8 minutes", so often had the odd fun little match. It had a few one shots too at one point didn't it? Didn't Bryan, joe, Loki and others turn up to make noble, Kidman or tajiri look good, or am I thinking of heat?

Edit: I might even be thinking of metal, where even just Joe was a star.

Low Ki was a semi-regular on Metal in 2000/1 wrestled Essa Rios a few times, Crash Holly twice, a tag match against Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn and even Raven the once.  Samoa Joe wrestled Essa Rios too.  A whole host of Indie names would show up on Metal back then, the likes of Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Donovan Morgan, Scoot Andrews, Chad Collyer, Shawn 'Hotstuff' Hernandez etc.

I used to love watching Velocity, because I was a massive fan of the cruiserweights between 2002 and 05. 

Some belters I remember were a really good Jamie Noble/Rey Mysterio match, the Akio/Paul London series, a surly Hardcore Holly/Kurt Angle match, Benoit/Regal and a four-way between Rey, Kidman, Nunzio and Akio. 

Yeah, Velocity was a proper little smart mark niche around 2002-2003 that'd usually be part of your weekly WWE intake back in the day.

The house that Shannon Moore built.