Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

i never undertstand why they show promos of no non hd ppvs in a wide screen affect yet when they show the ppv its cropped to a 3:4 format :(

starrcade 91 is under 3 hrs long and the home video version is under 2 hrs

• Paid Members
Loving the WCW stuff in Hd.

There is no WCW stuff in HD. Wrestling wasn't shot in HD until 2008 (apart from one set of indie tapings in the nineties that may not have even happened).

True, but old footage shown in HD still looks amazing - I'm not overly familiar with the technology, but it's something to do with the HD tech drawing a lot more out of the analogue nature of the original footage than older displays could. I saw a number of old films on Blu-Ray recently, and I was shocked just how detailed they were in comparison to how I'd seen them on old screens.

• Awards Moderator

There is no WCW stuff in HD. Wrestling wasn't shot in HD until 2008 (apart from one set of indie tapings in the nineties that may not have even happened).

True, but old footage shown in HD still looks amazing - I'm not overly familiar with the technology, but it's something to do with the HD tech drawing a lot more out of the analogue nature of the original footage than older displays could. I saw a number of old films on Blu-Ray recently, and I was shocked just how detailed they were in comparison to how I'd seen them on old screens.

Bit apples and oranges that. Old films were recorded on a large resolution so they could hold up when projected on a 30 foot wide screen. It just so happens all those extra lines are perfect for Blu-ray.

Whilst WCW wasn't quite taped in this way it'll be the best you're ever going to see it.

This thread needs more remlap.

I'm seriously hoping they add some TV for ECW in order up from tomorrow, once everyone's free trial is up. Started with Hardcore Heaven 2000 and want to watch the entire year with TV episodes as I never really saw any when it was around. Here's hoping!

I really hope they add the ability to sort/view the PPV archive by year & the PPV's are listed chronologically so I can just pick a company & marathon the PPV's with ease. A resume feature wouldn't hurt either.

I bloody love this network though, I am still a bit unsure how it will play out in the long term. I am also interested to see the UK price point, at just over

I really hope they add the ability to sort/view the PPV archive by year & the PPV's are listed chronologically so I can just pick a company & marathon the PPV's with ease. A resume feature wouldn't hurt either.

I don't have the network, so feel free to correct me, but I could've sworn when they were doing one of their three thousand promos on Raw, they showed King going through the PPVs chronologically on his tablet?

Using the PS3 and PS4 apps you go in the "shows" section, then pick WWE, ECW or WCW, it then takes you into their PPV library, where it lists the event names in alphabetical order. You then go into the event name and can pick which year of that particular show you want to watch. So unless you know off by heart, what order the annual events run in, plus throw in the random 1 offs like a Capital Carnage where you would also need to the know the year, its not as easy as I would like it to be that's all.

You view the content from the "In-ring" and "Vault" sections by year though, it is literally just the PPV's that you can't.

Edited by Evolution4life

• Paid Members

Bit apples and oranges that. Old films were recorded on a large resolution so they could hold up when projected on a 30 foot wide screen. It just so happens all those extra lines are perfect for Blu-ray.

Whilst WCW wasn't quite taped in this way it'll be the best you're ever going to see it.

This thread needs more remlap.

I meant "old" as in "pre-HD", sorry for not being clearer. But I'll take your word on that, as I have no idea - honestly thought things wouldn't have changed much between really old stuff and, say, 80s-90s stuff, so thanks for the info.

• Paid Members

There's a few new shows added to each section in the vault (ECW/WCCW/Old School/Legends of Wrestling) today. Maybe that means Sunday is the update day. (Edit -- just seen the theory that is indeed the case, and the update is simply everything scheduled to air on the stream in the next week.)

Episode 1 of Raw from 1993 has disappeared which is a bit worrying -- hopefully that doesn't mean they'll only have a small number of episodes up at a time. (Edit -- you can find it by searching for "Episode 1" so it may be some sort of bug. Episodes 5 and 6 are also missing from the vault listing but can be found on the search.)

BTW, it appears the reason so many New Jack matches are missing is rather logical when you think about it -- they don't have the rights to Natural Born Killaz, which is playing through most of the match.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

So when TNA inevitably goes out of business, if the library is cheap enough, what's the odds are it ends up on here?

I can honestly see it happening, enough WWE alumni now have passed through TNA that I reckon it'd be some decent modernish content for them to throw on demand/at 2 in the morning.

Edited by Benno

All ppvs are in chronological order on the Apple TV. You can just flick between each year and it lists them in the right order