Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

I watched Wrestlemania 26 today. I was absolutely gutted when the, "Running Up That Hill," music video before HBK vs. Undertaker was replaced with a generic promo instead. Considering it's probably the best video package the company ever put together, I was looking forward to watching that almost as much as the match itself.

I'm not going crazy am I? They originally showed the, "Running Up That Hill," video before that match, didn't they?

I'm now worried the Miz's "Hate Me Now," video package won't be on the Network version of Wrestlemania 27. You know, since that was the best thing on that show by miles and miles.

I'm not sure it's on the DVD version either tbh. Ill have to dig it out and check.

I'm glad I have the live versions of WM27 tho, just for Johnny Cash and Metallica in Taker/HHH.

Edited by zep81

Depends if they still want to pay for it or not. That's why Metallica usually gets overdubbed (Universal wanted $1million for 12 months use to liscense Enter Sandman during the ECW relaunch) and Johnny Cash's Ain't No Grave was edited off the Bluray/DVD. New Day singing 'New York State of Mind' got edited off the network within a couple of days.

It's been that long since I've watched the WM27 bluray I can't remember if it's there or not.

They have to pay a different fee if they're using it for home video to live broadcasts.

I know some would prefer for them to still be intact, but I can understand why they edit them.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Supremo, regarding 'Running Up That Hill' - I actually don't think that WAS on 'Mania 26's PPV broadcast. In fact I believe it was on the RAW after Elimination Chamber that year and, whilst it was an absolutely fantastic package, I think by the time the show came around they'd replaced it with something containing further footage from the build-up, which is probably what you've seen.

That said, here it is in all its glory. Probably the best package they've done that didn't include 'My Way'.

EDIT: Network episode link is here. Raw 874, 37:35 in.

They've replaced the song. Dunno what this one is.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

I watched Wrestlemania 26 today. I was absolutely gutted when the, "Running Up That Hill," music video before HBK vs. Undertaker was replaced with a generic promo instead. Considering it's probably the best video package the company ever put together, I was looking forward to watching that almost as much as the match itself.

I'm not going crazy am I? They originally showed the, "Running Up That Hill," video before that match, didn't they?

I'm now worried the Miz's "Hate Me Now," video package won't be on the Network version of Wrestlemania 27. You know, since that was the best thing on that show by miles and miles.

Also love the "Running Up That Hill" package.

"Hate Me Now" is on the Network version of Wrestlemania 27, watched it a couple of days ago.

• Paid Members

I'm glad I have the live versions of WM27 tho, just for Johnny Cash and Metallica in Taker/HHH.

Those are big misses, for me.

Sunday before last my fiancee & I had an afternoon of watching the 4 matches in the Taker/HBK/HHH Wrestlemania saga back-to-back. I'd forgotten about the lack of these and was gutted when I got to them.

The music they've used to replace 'Tallica isn't horrendous, until they get to the point those weird stabs of strings come in. Bizarre, and unnecessary.

• Paid Members

It is a shame the music can't be used. We've spoken about it before but it really harms the ECW library. I can handle it because i know how it should be but for people watching it with fresh eyes it has to harm the experience.

That's why I will never offload my old dvds of ECW ppvs.

All of them released by Delta from Barely Legal 1997 up to Anarchy Rulz 2000 (I think) had all of the original music included.

So it is only the last 3 ppvs and all of the non-ppv shows which had the music dubbed over.

In this digital age I find it disappointing they're still willing to sign limited term licencing deals that they know will necessitate dubbing or cutting of what might become cherished memories on DVDs and the Network.

Yes, it's nice to include content from big name acts, but if you can't nail down the rights to keep that content in every version of the show you intend to sell, then you're ultimately doing your customers a disservice.

The latest episode of Ride Along was quite enjoyable. I'd have been happier if it had just been Neville & Sami Zayn, they played off eachother really well and Nevillr giving Sami shit about being a hipster was funny.

Seth Rollins just comes off as a whiny cunt and keeps going on about a lost bag that he didn't even realise he had in the first place.

Cesaro was been a tad overly cautious with his use of napkins though

2E2891EA-1537-4E99-A046-90C074ED2527_zps

• Awards Moderator

Seth Rollins just comes off as a whiny cunt and keeps going on about a lost bag that he didn't even realise he had in the first place.

CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T SPOILER THAT. Ruined it for me now.

• 2 weeks later...