Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

the 'in house' tunes are fucking terrible, i know it's only music but it does generally ruin the ECW shows, music was such a big part of the show. I'd rather watch a scratchy old VHS rip than one of the polished versions.

Tell me about it. I loved by Simon Diamond and The Sinister Minister's / Mike Whipwreck theme. Suited their characters down to a tee. So when they came out to... THAT... it really ruined it for me.

As for the 350,000 number thing... I remember hearing that it has to be 1,000,000 to break even ($1 billion a month to break even?!?!?!) but that *IS* for the entire global figure. If they can get 500,000 + in time for Mania in the states, surely getting the rest from UK, Europe, Australia, etc won't be too difficult?

the 'in house' tunes are fucking terrible, i know it's only music but it does generally ruin the ECW shows, music was such a big part of the show. I'd rather watch a scratchy old VHS rip than one of the polished versions.

Tell me about it. I loved by Simon Diamond and The Sinister Minister's / Mike Whipwreck theme. Suited their characters down to a tee. So when they came out to... THAT... it really ruined it for me.

As for the 350,000 number thing... I remember hearing that it has to be 1,000,000 to break even ($1 billion a month to break even?!?!?!) but that *IS* for the entire global figure. If they can get 500,000 + in time for Mania in the states, surely getting the rest from UK, Europe, Australia, etc won't be too difficult?

philosoraptor.jpg

philosoraptor.jpg

No you're right. I fucked up and I deserved that!

But still... $10 million a month to break even?!?!?!?!

• Paid Members

Ask in the other thread, don't sully this one!

Watching a really early British Bulldogs match against Bobby Bass and Goldie Rodgers right now. They're not even called the British Bulldogs yet, unless I missed something. They're all over the heels, they've done two spots where the other is ignoring the tag because they're afraid to get in the ring with the Bulldogs. Dynamite looks incredible here. It's basically a pretty lengthy squash, but super watchable.

WWE don't see all $10 of the subscription. Paypal, card companies, Major League Baseball, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Google etc (depending on how someone buys and uses the network) all get a cut. The start-up costs for it are enormous. Plus keep in mind that WrestleMania usually does about twenty to thirty million on PPV alone, after the cable companies take their cut. WWE made about ten million on (domestic) PPV for the Royal Rumble where Rock fought Punk. Even on a bad month, they're doing half that.

When you factor in the loss of PPV revenue, all of the setup and running costs, and the various partners taking a cut... Ten million a month going through the till isn't megabucks.

Edited by King Pitcos

WWE don't see all $10 of the subscription. Paypal, card companies, Major League Baseball, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Google etc (depending on how someone buys and uses the network) all get a cut. The start-up costs for it are enormous. Plus keep in mind that WrestleMania usually does about twenty to thirty million on PPV alone, after the cable companies take their cut. WWE made about ten million on (domestic) PPV for the Royal Rumble where Rock fought Punk. Even on a bad month, they're doing half that.

When you factor in the loss of PPV revenue, all of the setup and running costs, and the various partners taking a cut... Ten million a month going through the till isn't megabucks.

Good point. Especially about Mania. I realized after writing its not so much how much they earn, but how much may lose out too if it goes belly up.

I really hope this thing is a runaway success cos I love it. I've waited for years for a alternative way to get my wrestling fix and this thing is perfect.

• Paid Members

The schedule for the next week or so has just popped up and a bunch of stuff has been added to the vault.

Raw 1993 now goes up to the famous episode with Michaels-Jannetty and Ramon-Kid.

Several new house shows in Old School, one of which isn't yet in the vault but features Savage-Steamboat.

In the schedule but not in the vault is the Smackdown with Lesnar-Angle Iron Man.

Most excitingly the WCCW vault has now has what it's listing as episodes 52 through 54, which are the build-up to Kerry Von-Erich Flair in the cage and then the match itself. Definitely watch these as they really are historic and the biggest moment in the promotion, so it's super-cool to see it in context.

Next WrestleMania Rewind is Michaels-Austin (wonder if we'll get the Taker taped fist story) while this Saturday's DVD documentary is the nWo one.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Are they taking stuff off as they go? Both the ECW TV I watched yesterday (I forget the ep, had Road Warrior Hawk & a very early Sandman vs Tommy Dreamer in braces match) and Legends Roundtable - Stables are gone from XBox and Android.

• Paid Members

Seems unwise. It's frustrating enough on Xbox with so much content already missing that they're making watching the old TV shows in any kind of order, so bloody difficult.

• Paid Members

Can't see any reason for putting the likes of the old ECW stuff up out of order, can see it for single important Raw episodes or whatever but the draw of the older stuff I imagine will be watching week to week and reliving periods.