Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

32 minutes ago, JNLister said:

It moved around a few times over the years, but at the start of 1992 I'm certain Superstars was on Sky on Friday night. I remember that because it was very hard trying to explain to myself how Gene Okerlund had announced the Mountie beating Bret Hart for the Intercontinental title several house before the match took place once you remembered the time zone difference. (I told myself it must have been an afternoon show and he rushed to the studio to get the update in.)

Ah thanks mate 

I’m pretty sure it was Challenge on a Friday night repeated Sat at 12, with Suoerstars on a Sat night repeated Sun at 12. Prime Time was on Eurosport 8-9:30. Would still have had the Mountie update on Challenge. 

Some unseen NXT stuff added to the Hidden Gems recently, including: 

* NXT Championship:  Samoa Joe v Eric Young v Shinsuke Nakamura (c)- NXT Live, Los Angeles 30/10/16

* Bobby Roode v Kota Ibushi- NXT Live, Los Angeles 30/10/16

* WWE UK Championship: Mark Andrews v Pete Dunne (c)- NXT Live, Brighton 8/6/17

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm enjoying the Superstars eps as they're a very light, easy watch, but fuck me it can be tedious. You can't fault them for trying to get stuff over, but I've seen the Beverly Brothers do the same Legion of Sissies routine about 10 times. Ditto for Rick Martel crowing about nicking Tatanka's feathers. And man, those Crush promos are brutal. I did really like the gimmick they did for a few weeks of Crush holding up the hand of the losing jobber, only for them to collapse afterwards. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Chronicle episode focused on Roman Reigns is fantastic stuff, only 30 minutes but well worth your time. If anyone boos him at Fastlane, they’re a twat.

With regards to the cretins who tried to say the whole thing was a work, do we reckon they’d have done that if it had been, let’s say, Finn Balor who had been diagnosed with leukaemia, or are they really that stupid that they said it simply because it was Reigns?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The Chronicle episode focused on Roman Reigns is fantastic stuff, only 30 minutes but well worth your time. If anyone boos him at Fastlane, they’re a twat.

With regards to the cretins who tried to say the whole thing was a work, do we reckon they’d have done that if it had been, let’s say, Finn Balor who had been diagnosed with leukaemia, or are they really that stupid that they said it simply because it was Reigns?

It's because it's Reigns. They see it as an attempt to gain sympathy for him to get him over as a babyface, because they honestly believe that everyone hates him just like they do.

• Paid Members

The Roman Reigns Confidential is a nice little tearjerker. Him talking about meeting with Make-A-Wish kids with leukemia got me. What a babyface.

Also watched the "Untold" on WWECW, which is amusing just for the complete disconnect between Heyman and the ECW lads hating it, and most of the younger guys who worked the brand loving it, and Shane caught in the middle being quite pragmatic about it. Back in the early '00s Shane was always painted as this forward thinking businessman, the "good McMahon", and everything would be better once he took over (kind of like how NXT Dad Triple H is viewed now), but this is the first time I really saw a glimpse of that, and I'd love to know what his vision for WWE would actually look like.

Watched the Untold retrospective on the KOTR '98 Hell In A Cell too. How anyone could even want Undertaker to have a podcast after hearing his soundbites on there is beyond me.

• Paid Members

Not sure it's something to watch, but this week's hidden gem is certainly a rarity. It appears to be a motivational show by the AWA for staff at Kellogg's with the babyface wrestlers portraying Kellogg's brand cereal characters and the heels representing rival cereal manufacturers.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:09 AM, BomberPat said:

The Roman Reigns Confidential is a nice little tearjerker. Him talking about meeting with Make-A-Wish kids with leukemia got me. What a babyface.

Also watched the "Untold" on WWECW, which is amusing just for the complete disconnect between Heyman and the ECW lads hating it, and most of the younger guys who worked the brand loving it, and Shane caught in the middle being quite pragmatic about it. Back in the early '00s Shane was always painted as this forward thinking businessman, the "good McMahon", and everything would be better once he took over (kind of like how NXT Dad Triple H is viewed now), but this is the first time I really saw a glimpse of that, and I'd love to know what his vision for WWE would actually look like.

Watched the Untold retrospective on the KOTR '98 Hell In A Cell too. How anyone could even want Undertaker to have a podcast after hearing his soundbites on there is beyond me.

Cracked up at Dreamer saying ECW would have taken over with their existing product had they WWE or WCWs money in the 90s. Still the consummate mark after all these years. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Cracked up at Dreamer saying ECW would have taken over with their existing product had they WWE or WCWs money in the 90s. Still the consummate mark after all these years. 

That stuck out to me, too. Proper spit-take stuff. 

Aye, Sandman, Jerry Lynn and Steve Corino would have absolutely taken the casuals away from Rock, Austin, Triple H, Undertaker, Vince, Angle...I could go on. 

Those Untold pieces are interesting but quite odd. Reliant on photographs and phone interviews, as opposed to the usual videos and talking heads. It makes them distinctive but not necessarily good. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, JNLister said:

Not sure it's something to watch, but this week's hidden gem is certainly a rarity. It appears to be a motivational show by the AWA for staff at Kellogg's with the babyface wrestlers portraying Kellogg's brand cereal characters and the heels representing rival cereal manufacturers.

In seeking this out, I stumbled on a weird training session from the Powerplant with Booker T and Sgt Craig Pittman. It's not a match, or a televised segment, just seems to be the two having a wrestle in a practice ring. Very odd.