Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Brilliant. Yeah, it was an odd one last year. I remember hating the first few episodes but slipping into its well intentioned nature, regardless. Next thing I know I'm halfway through it and it appears to be packed with smarty pants humour that was a sufficient cut above. 

Edge & Christian had said it themselves: the first few episodes they were trying to find their feet and establish what style they were going to go with and it wasn't until half-way through the first season when they felt like it was coming together.

The first two episodes of Season 2 were excellent.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The Dart said:

A Goonies spoof with Edge, Christian, Sean Mooney, Tommy Dreamer, Nunzio, Santino Marella, Funaki, Vickie Guerrero and Carlito.

That's what the WWE Network was created for !

Dreamer: “It’s so dark, and cavernous, and devoid of any life!”

Christian: “Are we in the Impact Zone?”

Dreamer: “C’mon, I kinda work there.”

• Paid Members

Some of the E&C show is still a little cheap for my takes (the punchline for the Nils Nascaras bit in particular), but I love how much fun they're clearly having, and Sean Mooney is fantastic on it. IcoPro jokes in 2018, Shawn Michaels mentioning his dodgy eyes, and the Iiconics ragging on Meltzer? All good.

• Paid Members

It'll come as no surprise to anyone who follows her on social media or has listened to her in unscripted interviews, but the new episode of "Chronicle," that's focused on Becky Lynch proves that she's absolutely first-class at knowing her character inside and out and being able to ad-lib like a champion. It's utterly fascinating watching her doing everything they don't like people doing - coming up with her own stuff and allowing herself to flow and develop naturally. It's also not at all a coincidence that it reaps such massive rewards. She's the walking example of how broken their system is and how quickly someone can stand out as something special when given the freedom to do so. I've no doubt whatsoever that every last thing that's made her the star she is today came out of her own brain and mouth and was then incorporated into the product by the writing team after the fact. For everyone else it's the complete opposite and that's why she feels like a diamond in an otherwise river of shit.

Edited by Supremo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

For anybody looking to revisit some January memories, The Royal Rumble matches have all been gathered together in a handy collection on the WWE Network. 

Edited by WeeAl

Enjoyed the Nigel documentary on as well . But Weird watching a wwe documentary where they keep in Daniel Bryan saying he lied to pass the wwe medical, makes them look easily duped! 

• Paid Members

does anyone know why i cant search for individual matches on my network app anymore? i generally run the app through my kindle fire but when i search a name, all i get is shows which the wrestler performed on rather than individual matches.

• Paid Members
On 1/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, BrodyGraham said:

Watched the Nigel McGuinness documentary after Takeover. Really, really good stuff. Even my wife, who is largely ambivalent towards wrestling was super into Nigel by the end.

Can't help but feel it's a tease for something though.

I’m with you. If it doesn’t lead to a mania match against Bryan they have dropped the ball

* Not sure how long it’s been there, but there is a Rusev Collection on the network. All his main roster best bits are there, but there’s also a fair from FCW and NXT too

* ‘Let Me Tell You Something Mean Gene’ airs immediately after RAW tonight

* The network is changing its streaming operator:

Endeavour Streaming has signed WWE as a marquee client for their newly formed products & services division, according to 

Variety. The WWE Network previously used BAMTech, now called Disney Streaming Services, to power the service.

WWE’s agreement with Disney Streaming Services expired at the end of 2018 and WWE chose to not renew the deal.

“Endeavor Streaming’s best-in-class technology enables us to offer more features, elevate the user experience and provides us even more opportunity to delight our fans around the world,” Vince McMahon said in a statement.

WWE has also announced a new partnership with Massive Interactive, a user-interface design firm, which together with the new Endeavor Streaming partnership will be “part of our evolving strategy to own more of the WWE Network technology stack,” according to a statement from WWE.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

The Nigel McGuinness documentary is bloody brilliant. Far more enjoyable that his own documentary, which painted him as a self-pitying tragedy. I LOVED the shot of him and Mauro Ranallo jumping out of their seats. So great to see that level of passion.

If they use this footage, there's unlimited potential in Nigel coming back for one more match. Get the Titile on a proper heel like Gibson, have him taunt and call Nigel out for six months to a year, then have them eventually headline an NXT UK Takeover. One day he can't take it anymore and stands up from the table. Fucking hell. That'd be incredible. 

On 1/14/2019 at 12:16 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m with you. If it doesn’t lead to a mania match against Bryan they have dropped the ball

Not everything has to lead to a match at Wrestlemania. And putting Daniel Bryan against the NXT/205 Live commentator would be a massive waste of him, and would likely play out to silence.

A match against Zack Gibson on an NXT UK Takeover (assuming that they’re doing more) has much more appeal