Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, there are points in that Guerrero/Nova match where Cornette never shuts up. He's got some good lines, but during Nova's comeback he doesn't even pause for breath. You're not doing a radio broadcast, let the visuals speak for themselves. The match is a bit rubbish, too.

Konnan/Art Barr is just surreal. Not exactly surprising neither got signed at the time, based on that. Konnan playing mid-90s WWF babyface is very odd, particularly when he's working under a generic name, while Art Barr is in his WCW copyright infringement gimmick, wearing a "FREE PEE WEE HERMAN" T-shirt. 

Super Crazy vs. El Hijo del Santo is really fun, though. Particularly given that it's barely five minutes including entrances. Santo just has a real grasp of the basics that shines through, while Crazy hits (especially for the time) one of the maddest moves I've ever seen - genuinely can't tell if it's what he's going for or a fuck-up, but it looks painful.

Glad it's not just me that thinks the Guerrero/Nova match is sub-par, yet Jimsy talks it up like Flair/Steamboat. And the bit at the end with the Damaja coming in ("That damn Damaja! Brain Damage!") and the out of shot nasty face stuff back to Nova is cringeworthy, a precursor to the sort of stuff they do now.

I got a kick out of the Pee Wee t-shirt - birds of a feather flock together with him and Art.

Not being massively into lucha libre, I was shocked how small Santo was. And I think the move you're referring to is a botch. Second attempt at a springboard moonsault but he slips and it becomes a Banzai Drop. Super Loco looks odd, though, like a create a character mix-up of Abismo Negro, La Parka and Dolph Ziggler.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I assumed it was a botch, but it's such an odd move to go for a second springboard moonsault under the circumstances that I really wasn't sure - because he still manages to land something.

Another thing I just remembered - two or three times during Konnan/Barr, the camera guy just loses interests and zooms in on a Refreshments sign.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Another thing I just remembered - two or three times during Konnan/Barr, the camera guy just loses interests and zooms in on a Refreshments sign.

The first time I thought it was zooming on like Vince and Patterson or something watching. Second time I realised, it's just two randoms below a big sign.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, I assumed it was a botch, but it's such an odd move to go for a second springboard moonsault under the circumstances that I really wasn't sure - because he still manages to land something.

It's lucky that the botch didn't end up with him landing arse-first on his head, which would've been death.

I thought the camera man spotted someone with a hat he liked in the first instance!

The cage match between Buzz Sawyer and Tommy Rich from Last Battle of Atlanta has been on the network for some time now

but today, they’ve gone and added the Last Battle of Atlanta show in full. The rest of the card went as follows:

• Les Thornton vs. Joe Lightfoot
  • Bruno Sammartino Jr. (David Sammartino) vs. Pat Rose
  • Mr. Wrestling II vs. Bob Roop
  • NWA National Heavyweight Championship: Brett Wayne (c) vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts
  • The Great Kabuki vs. Ronnie Garvin
  • NWA National Tag Team Championship: The Road Warriors (c) vs. Jimmy Valiant & Pez Whatley
  • Ole Anderson vs. Paul Ellering

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The new Dean Ambrose chronicle is well worth a watch. He continues to be one of the more interesting personalities of the past decade. Totally his own man, and not the slightest fuck given to having to WWE things up for the crew following him. 

He comes off as The Guy material here again, though, in contrast to that watershed Austin podcast. 

I want to go and watch a bunch of his work now. 

Roman is great in it, too. I miss him. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

Edge and Christian Show is back. I remember it getting a small cult following on here last season. 

Decent enough time killer the first 2 eps of the new season. 

Never watched much of it but watched the first bit of episode 2.1. Really funny stuff with the Edge and Cena show.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:55 PM, FUM said:

Edge and Christian Show is back. I remember it getting a small cult following on here last season. 

Decent enough time killer the first 2 eps of the new season. 

Brilliant. Yeah, it was an odd one last year. I remember hating the first few episodes but slipping into its well intentioned nature, regardless. Next thing I know I'm halfway through it and it appears to be packed with smarty pants humour that was a sufficient cut above.