Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

I'm ten minutes into the Nakamura doc linked above and it's already made me way more invested in anything he does going forward than any angle they've done on TV.  It's sort of kayfabed as well, but I really like it.

Of course it's very easy to criticise and I see why they couldn't do something like this on TV every week, but it's also a bit insane to consider that this is the same company as puts on such hokey angles from time to time.

They know and we know that they are fantastic at bringing focus to characters when they want to via the use of video packages amongst other things - see "Running Up That Hill" or Daniel Bryan's "Monster" - but this is on a new level. It's mental that they don't do more of this sort of creative stuff.

Edited by Daaaaaad!
spelling

I was surprised after all the hype they’ve done about this being a “dream match”, they just have Nakamura casually mention their Tokyo Dome match.

Im also hoping that seen as its Wrestlemania, which means special entrances, I think it’s about time that Shinsuke goes and gets this out of the loft

E8E84A90-28D6-4EFB-841B-652E38F8B0F8_zps

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Echo the love for the Nakamura documentary, I was already looking forward to his match at mania but I’m way more invested in him & the match now.  I wish they did more like this & WWE 24.

Just a heads up for anyone planning to watch it - the version on the network is missing the last few minutes, I had to go on the YouTube version for the ending.

So for anyone that missed it during last nights Hall of Fame, there was a new WWE Network promo revealing upcoming content for 2018:

* Camp WWE (new season)
* Ride Along (new season)
* The Edge and Christian Show (new season)
* Table For 3 (new season)
* WWE Story Time (new season)
* WWE 365: AJ Styles
* WWE 24: The Hardys - Woken
* WWE 24: RAW 25
* WWE 24: Ronda Rousey
* The 2nd Annual Mae Young Classic
* WWE King of the Ring UK Tournament
* Elias: Unplugged
* Something Else to Wrestle Podcast with Bruce Prichard
* Greatest Royal Rumble event from Saudi Arabia

• Paid Members

Woah, some big things there. Another Mae Young Classic (bit too soon isn't it?) and a UK King of the Ring should be worth watching.

But the Bruce Prichard show?? Huge news. I would say it wouldn't be the same under WWE control (and that still may be the case), but he's always very positive about the E.

Oh, and Elias Unplugged :love:

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Dart said:

UK tournament is at Royal Albert Hall !

That's sold me on it. I rarely, If ever, make time to watch any of the network only 'new' in-ring content other than PPV's and NXT specials. However I'll make an exception for a wrestling show held in the Royal Albert Hall. What a venue that is. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

All the potential stuff they could do and they stick with those terrible cartoons. Lots of decent other stuff though.

Who on earth watches them? They are so crap and it’s not like they are starved for potential content. I can only assume it’s another Vince being stubborn thing. It’s not a secret that his sense of humour is terrible and childlike, on top of that he pretty much has the leading role in that cartoon. 

Other than that, the list of upcoming shows of the last page looks pretty impressive.

• Paid Members

Just watched the 24 piece on Raw 25. First quarter is a potted history of the show and a few arrivals (funny moment when Undertaker arrives at the Manhattan at the same time as X-Pac, who is carrying that dog around with him and UT asks him about it. "When did you get that?" "Oh, about a year ago. Off the streets, actually." "...That's great.") Second half is just a cinematic recap of the goings on at both venues.

Even with plenty of editing to gloss over the negative reactions at the Manhattan Centre, it's still fairly obvious that the Barclays Centre got the better end of the deal there. Other highlights include X-Pac wandering around the streets of New York for a beard trim, and Miz getting taxi'ed from one venue to the other and there's clearly no actual plan for him, which he effectively acknowledges. Guessing this was just to appease the growing angry mob?

Just saw this myself and yeah, it's not one of the better WWE 24 documentaries. It's fine and all but there's little to no insight. Points though for more classic WWE revisionist history, showing all the Manhattan Center fans going 'CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SHOW' which, I assume, was filmed before the 'bullshit' chants later on...