Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

Cracking write up JLM. Good idea for use of the old content to. It's the first time in years I've actually fancied watching an episode of Thunder. Even during it's run, so that says something. I have fond memories of forcing myself to watch it every week much like when Smackdown got near unwatchable before the latest brand split.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I watched an episode of Thunder on Monday night from 1998. It had Jim Powers vs The Barbarian, Barry Darsow vs Saturn, A Bulldog/Neidhart tag match, and Barry Horowitz in the main event against Goldberg.

Awesome TV.

No wonder kidzero has been bleating on about it for years. 

• Paid Members

Likewise - far more hyped about Saturday Night being on the Network than Nitro or Thunder. With Nitro, you get all the storyline developments so you can sort of relive that, but I don't get too much enjoyment out of it without the "what happens next?!" factor - but Saturday Night is just insane combinations of wrestlers from all over the place, some of them showing up once and then never again, and a load of delightful jobber gimmicks. Perfect background viewing.

It's later than the stuff going up on the Network yet, but I just pulled up a list of Saturday Night results from 1998 - pulling matches out at random, imagine the booking mindset that leads to these being on the card in '98;

• Meng vs. Bobby Eaton
  • John Nord vs Lizmark Jr
  • Glacier vs. Chris Adams
  • Marty Jannetty vs. Horshu
  • The Barbarian vs. Super Calo
  • Yuji Nagata vs. Wayne Bloom
  • Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart vs. The Barbarian & Hugh Morrus

And so on and so on. Almost every show has at least one match that makes you thing, "hang on, why?", like they were just pulling names from a hat. Brilliant stuff.

Edited by BomberPat

From a personal perspective, the adding of WCW Saturday Night from 1992 onwards is perfect timing as I am re watching the WCW PPV's and currently I am on to 1991. I will be able to watch Saturday Night alongside the PPV's from the following year. 

I have always had a soft spot for WCW in 1993 as well. 

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

• Paid Members
On 20/03/2018 at 7:58 PM, BigJag said:

Yep. On TNT. It may also have been shown on CH5.

Yeah, it was definately shown on TNT. It used to overrun the repeat of Raw, so I could only record Nitro and Raw. Must have went into the wee small hours.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Raw replay was your friend! Was always on at 1am or 2am after Thunder had finished.  I used to love Friday nights so much as a kid - 7 hours of wrestling.  I remember convincing my family to keep the analogue Sky even after we had Sky Digital installed because I'd found out you couldn't get TNT on Digital. Was the end of an era when it eventually shut down. 

9 hours ago, Maverick said:

They email me all the time with deals to rejoin. Will for Mania. Should I just sign up or are their likely to be offers?

That was my plan, I was holding out for a free month or whatever for Mania... then they cleared Daniel Bryan and I instantly rejoined to binge on Bryan. I'm so weak willed.

• Paid Members

ive had similar offers in the past, i checked my emails this morning and i haven't had anything. I'd imagine the WWE will send out them kind of offers post-Mania when there's gonna be a big drop off in subscriptions.

Don’t you still get the first 30 days free if you use a new email address? Not that I’m saying to/condoning setting up a new email every month, but if your the type to just watch WrestleMania each year it might be worth doing by signing up the day before and then you’ll get Mania and the first of the new co-brand PPVs before cancelling