Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

There's a fun but short Table for 3 with Sting, Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat. Shame this didn't go longer as Naitch was on top form here.

There's also in the Bret v Shawn collection a rare tag match between the Rockers and Hart Foundation. It has a Main Event banner in the rafters and no commentary so it must have been a dark match. I'll spoiler this in case 

This is the match with the almost title change. IIRC this was referenced on WWE programming at the time. I also think this was part of the catalyst of Shawn breaking away because they couldn't win the tag belts. I think the Rockers were better in a "chase" role but to my knowledge this was a rare title match for Shawn and Marty.

• Paid Members

The match with no commentary was supposed to be a title change. For whatever reason, they changed their mind before the show aired and blamed the rope breaking. It's from 1990 after SummerSlam so isn't really connected to The Rockers' break up which was over a year later.

For years, I was always baffled that they ever planned to take the Titles off the Hart just a month or two after they've won them from the Demos, having chased all year. But looking back now, I think it might have been better if they had as Bret was clearly destined for bigger things and his singles run into SummerSlam 1991 would have got a boost from a strong showing in the Rumble and a win at WrestleMania. Plus The Rockers were mid-feud with Power & Glory and that would have played nicely into it. The Rockers dropping the belts to P&G for them to put over LOD at Mania would have been a better story. Always felt LOD had lost their shine by the eventual SummerSlam win.

Rockers can't lose the belts at the Rumble though. We need that match with Orient Express to live forever.

• Paid Members

They were taking the belts off the Harts because they'd decided to cut down from three shows a night to two and made up a list of guys to get rid of, one of which was Neidhart (which does imply they were thinking Bret had singles potential.)

They then did a talent trading deal with SWS in Japan and decided they didn't need to get rid of quite as many guys, so Neidhart was among those who got a reprieve. As the title match hadn't aired yet they decided to forget all about it and use the broken ropes on local TV as an excuse for overturning the decision. As it happened, the slot for the episode of Saturday Night's Main Event got cut down from 90 to 60 minutes, so it made the decision of which match to cut from the broadcast very simple.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Preview graphics for shows getting on anyone elses tits?

Went to watch MMC and the preview graphic is quite clearly the winners celebrating so now I have no need to watch it with them spoiling it.

I know it's silly to moan about spoilers on years old content too but rewatching 2001 and they have preview graphics with guys holding titles that they haven't won yet in the point I'm up to.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The Dart said:

February 5th, at least 38 old Coliseum Home Video programmes are going to be added to the Network.  Hopefully include UK Rampage and stuff like that.

quality! always hoped they'd upload that stuff.

• Paid Members

Just watched a squash with Tully rolling over some jobber on an NWA World Championship Wrestling from 1986. Tully has the guy down on his belly, while he's in a cobra clutch and the guy's hammering on the mat like he's tapping out. Does it about 3 times then Tully just picks him up and carries on the match. Imagine that happening today? I'm guessing it's a UFC thing.

Also Ronnie Garvin cut another terrible promo, Flair's name is spelt "Rick" on the name plate on his new NWA World championship belt and Jimmy Valiant is still just plain wrong. Ricky Morton cut a good one, The crowd applauded Arn Anderson when he turned up to cut his promo. Good old Arn.