Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

On 22 September 2017 at 10:28 AM, BomberPat said:

Personally, I think it's a no-brainer - assuming they wouldn't record it all at the same quality as RAW or Smackdown, all you'd need is to cover the costs of a couple of cameras on a show that they're running anyway, and maybe have some of the second-tier announcers record some commentary in post. Could even be a good space to trial different announce teams. It's low-cost, low-risk content, and as house shows more or less exist outside of WWE's TV continuity, there's no impetus for people to have to keep up with it all the time (depending on how regularly shows are recorded and uploaded), so it's just a bit of mindless background viewing to stick on. And, if there ever is a title change on a house show or whatever, the WWE can then upload the show and say "look what you missed".

The absolute worst idea on there is WWE scripted drama. Cringing at the thought of it.

Fair point but they do film at house shows anyway when its something significant to story lines, recent example is when Styles won the US title in MSG recently. Also remember them filming Sheamus vs Cesaro in the best of 7 when one of the matches was at the UK September show last year. I was ringside and remember them filming off a camcorder not the usual big cameras.

• Paid Members
On 9/22/2017 at 8:30 AM, air_raid said:

Is there anywhere on the Network I can watch the Razor/Kid v Diesel/Shawn match that aired on Action Zone?

No, sadly. I went looking for that and the Harts/Steiners tag recently with no luck. I think the DVDs they were on are on there, but it's just the doc/other matches.

• Paid Members

Sure. Was looking for it for a Network night with a mate who missed everything between Hulkamania and the Attitude Era. Ended up being very Kid and Shawn heavy. Thanks anyway.

• Paid Members
On 21/09/2017 at 11:40 PM, Briefcase said:

I wouldn't mind the music channel aspect but would rather watch music videos (or titantron videos), you could have ones from different eras, PPV music videos etc. If you wanted to go further then you could have PPV build up videos as well like those intros. 

I know you can YouTube it all now....but would be cool to have something along the lines of this. 

I can't think of anything worse than a music video channel. The videos are essentially 10 second loops tops in most cases and the idea of said loops going on for 4 minutes doesn't appeal to me at all. There might be a nostalgia pop at the most for a titan from vid I forgot about. The Mick Foley car crash on repeat, no ta.

A radio station format would be far better in my opinion. You could have theme tunes in between interviews and the like.

Id also like old sets such as thunder and heat if possible.

I don't mind the idea of reality based stuff but WWE usually manage to make it more Miss than hit. The best of the bunch being interviews or table for 3. As discussed in the photo thread due to the pic of valentine and Brutus, two legends sat watching snippets of their old feud/match/team would be right up my street.

PG13, yup I'd be up for some if that too.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

On 9/22/2017 at 10:28 AM, BomberPat said:

Personally, I think it's a no-brainer - assuming they wouldn't record it all at the same quality as RAW or Smackdown, all you'd need is to cover the costs of a couple of cameras on a show that they're running anyway, and maybe have some of the second-tier announcers record some commentary in post. Could even be a good space to trial different announce teams. It's low-cost, low-risk content, and as house shows more or less exist outside of WWE's TV continuity, there's no impetus for people to have to keep up with it all the time (depending on how regularly shows are recorded and uploaded), so it's just a bit of mindless background viewing to stick on. And, if there ever is a title change on a house show or whatever, the WWE can then upload the show and say "look what you missed".

They wouldn't broadcast full shows without proper production values, so the costs would be pretty high. And if it was a regular thing, then on top of being costly it'd be risky in the sense that they're giving away the shows being repeats of each other. The house show lineup doesn't change a great deal from one month to the next, the Raw ones seem to have been headlined by Reigns vs Strowman since about WrestleMania time. They tend to end with Braun losing as well, which is potential damage to his character if they televise it.

And ultimately, are there going to be many people who are interested in yet another WWE wrestling show on top of Raw, SmackDown and NXT? 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I think the Luger vs Diesel match is the one from Raw for the I.C title? It was pretty decent as well.

Give that man a goldfish.