Jake "The Snake" Roberts diagnosed with Cancer

KingOfMetal

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 2014 WWE Hall of Fame inductee revealed to TMZ.com that he has a cancerous tumor behind his knee which is slowly expanding into his muscle. Last month, he noticed a tumor behind his knee the size of a half dollar so he had it tested. On Friday, doctors informed him that the test came back positive for cancer.

Roberts is scheduled to undergo surgery on Tuesday. He still has plans to wrestle for Jersey Championship Wrestling on March 14.

"If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine," said Roberts.

Regarding his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame in April, Roberts says nothing will stop him from arriving to New Orleans, Louisiana for the ceremony.

according to TMZ. A tumour behind the knee apparently

Poor Jake, just when he's turned a corner and put in all of the hard work to sort out his life and this happens to him. Did Jake have cancer before though or am I thinking of someone else? May be thinking of Piper actually. Anyway I think when everyone hears cancer they assume the worst, me included but hopefully if they caught it in it's early stages they can sort it out. Really hope Jake gets through this!

• Paid Members
Poor Jake, just when he's turned a corner and put in all of the hard work to sort out his life and this happens to him. Did Jake have cancer before though or am I thinking of someone else? May be thinking of Piper actually. Anyway I think when everyone hears cancer they assume the worst, me included but hopefully if they caught it in it's early stages they can sort it out. Really hope Jake gets through this!

Hacksaw Jim Duggan had a case of pancreatic cancer I think it was. Somewhere around the stomach.

That

• Paid Members

Hacksaw Jim Duggan had a case of pancreatic cancer I think it was. Somewhere around the stomach.

Piper did also get cancer - I remember him and Flair winning the tag belts, then having to vacate them a month later when he had to go and have treatment. A very emotional time.

When I read things like this I always think of Chris Candido. Just as he turns his life around he gets struck down with something that at best had an indirect link to self abuse.

Best of luck to Jake.

Archived