Rewrite WrestleMania

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Rick, why would Kurt be representing Flair? Would you have him turn AGAIN after he'd already had two turns in the invasion angle? Would you be turning Undertaker back face again after he'd just gone heel too or Jericho back to face after his big heel turn?

I wouldn't turn Angle. Flair would appeal to his desperation to be the hero and save the WWF for the second time in 6 months.

Undertaker would have to be the face for WrestleMania. As great value as he was as a heel, it just has to be. I really like the Kane/Taker vs. Outsiders idea that Pity came up with but with hindsight, Taker needs to win 1 on 1 WM matches, makes the streak more impressive.

I really like the Kane/Taker vs. Outsiders idea that Pity came up with but with hindsight, Taker needs to win 1 on 1 WM matches, makes the streak more impressive.

He didn't have a one on one match at 19. He's only avoided tagging so far by the skin of Nathan Jones' uselessness.

• Paid Members
I really like the Kane/Taker vs. Outsiders idea that Pity came up with but with hindsight, Taker needs to win 1 on 1 WM matches, makes the streak more impressive.

He didn't have a one on one match at 19. He's only avoided tagging so far by the skin of Nathan Jones' uselessness.

I know, that's why it's with hindsight!

• Paid Members

How would you turn Undertaker back? He'd only just been giving The Rock tombstones on limos. They teased Jericho vs Undertaker at Survivors when Jericho turned. I'd have built it from there and not had Jericho win the Undisputed title or Undertaker turn heel if I was going that route. That could have been a tidy story and WrestleMania match actually and probably done much more for Jericho at the time. Going that route I'd have Austin go over at Vengeance and that would give me:

Rock vs Hogan,

Austin vs Triple H for the title,

Undertaker vs Jericho,

Flair vs Angle

as my big matches. I quite like that actually.

Supported by Kane vs Kevin Nash/Scott Hall, Lita vs Trish, Matt vs Jeff vs Edge vs Christian and Booker T and Test vs The Dudleys over the tag straps.

• Paid Members

Turning the Undertaker is easy. You just have him antagonised by a heel instead of a face. It's difficult with the subject matter to know how far back you can go to re-write history because with a long term goal in mind, you wouldn't turn him at all until after Mania.

If it's only a matter of weeks we're going back then I'd keep the card pretty much as it was but I'd still at the very least swap Rock and Austin and I'd definitely have Austin/Hogan go on last.

• Paid Members
Meh, turning Undertaker so soon after his heel turn would be pretty shit and would need a suitable decent story to go along with it. I like Undertaker vs Jericho if you rewrite from Vengeance though and avoid the heel turn or Jericho title reign.

I do agree with this. But I've never been a big fan of the way the nWo were used, the poor exploitation of Flair vs. McMahon or the way Flair became Undertaker's WM opponent. I was trying to resolve those issues.

The babyfaces are all busy. I considered Taker vs. Edge but he wasn't big enough at the time.

Icon vs. Icon

The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

WWF Championship - I Quit Match

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho ©

Handicap Match

Steve Austin & The Big Show vs. The Outsiders & X-Pac

No Holds Barred

The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair

Tag Team Titles - Losing Team Splits Up

The Dudleys vs. The Hardys

Intercontinental/European Title Unification Ladder Match

Edge vs. Booker T vs. William Regal vs. Christian vs. RVD vs. DDP

Mask vs. Hair Match

Kane vs. Kurt Angle

Tag Team Turmoil for no. 1 contendership

APA vs. Billy & Chuck vs. Spike Dudley & Tazz vs. Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Lance Storm & Test

Hardcore Invitational for the Hardcore Title

Featuring all the other lower card guys but won by Mr Perfect

Women's Title

Stacy Kiebler vs. Trish Stratus vs. Lita

To elaborate on the matches, I'd do it in the following order.

The six man unification on first. A precursor to MITB, loads of crazy spots, RVD wins it - but Eddie returns and steals both titles, claiming they are his.

Tag Team Turmoil on next, comes down to Kish & Hotty v B&C - Albert runs in for the miscommunication that turns into a heel turn in the coming weeks to become Billy & Chuck's muscle.

Kane and Kurt Angle start feuding after Kane gets fed up of Kurt whinging and whining about being screwed out of the No.1 contender slot. It heats up when Kane rips his medals off and shoves them in his mouth, so Kurt challenges him to a match at WrestleMania on one condition...Kane puts his mask on the line because there's no integrity with a man who hides behind a mask. Kane agrees, as long as Kurt puts something on the line too...it's not his medals but his hair. Kane wins after powering out of the anklelock and hitting the chokeslam. Allows Brother Bruti to make a one-off return to shave Kurt's head bald.

Bit of a more wacky rather than brutal 10-minute hardcore invitational, which ends with Perfect hitting the Perfectplex at about the 9 minute mark on Crash to win the belt and then avoiding all sorts of mishaps backstage as he escapes to his car as the Perfect Hardcore Champion.

The Dudleys beat the Hardys so Matt and Jeff have to disband when the Hardys are distracted by a Lita/Stacy catfight on the floor and Matt gets hit by 3D. Matt blames Lita for the loss.

Taker beats Flair as was.

Austin spends a month getting beaten by the nWo numbers game, especially when X-Pac returns 3 weeks before the big event. The nWo mock Austin not trusting anyone enough to be his tag team partner but he unveils Big Show who chokeslams everyone, so the handicap is on for Mania. But Show turns on Austin, chokeslams him and this allows Hall to pick up the pin.

Title match on next. Keep Stephanie away from the build-up Jericho wants HHH out of WWF, HHH doesn't just want the title, he wants Jericho gone. Play up the quad injury all the way. HHH wins in a bloody brawl by pedigreeing Jericho on the staging area. He wins the belt and as far as we know Jericho is gone from the WWF.

Rock/Hogan as is but ends with the two posing and the nWo coming into the aisle to stare and shake their heads.

So post Mania we have Hogan and Austin as unlikely allies against the nWo, culminating in a SummerSlam match between the two after the nWo stir the shit.

Undertaker is the new no.1 contender to the WWF title after bullying HHH's mentor Ric Flair into giving him a title shot.

Stephanie is hanging around taking all the credit for HHH's success and then Vince drops a bombshell by bringing Jericho back on a SmackDown-exclusive contract.

Kurt Angle thinks that Edge has been mocking him and their feud starts after Backlash when Angle gets his win back against Kane, making him tap to the anklelock.

The Dudleys soon get fed up of Stacy taking the credit for their win and turn face by putting her through a table, so they can feud with Billy & Chuck, who have Albert as their new muscle man.

Eddie and RVD feud over the Eurocontinental belt.

Matt Hardy turns heel on Jeff and Lita, starting the V.1 gimmick early.

Everyone else gets spread out over the brand split, allowing new feuds and teams to develop.

Meh, turning Undertaker so soon after his heel turn would be pretty shit and would need a suitable decent story to go along with it.

Yeah... For my match (Brothers of Destruction vs Outsiders), it'd just be him telling the nWo "you can fuck off if you think you're playing big dick here." Undertaker would be the perfect opponent for them, as the loyal stalwart fighting off the poison. It wouldn't be ideal to turn him again so soon, and I don't know if you could do a half-pregnant face turn with him, but I'd still book that match for WrestleMania and go for it even if I only had the pencil from the morning of the Rumble. I'd maybe have him do the respect match with Maven in February like he did with Hardy a few months later.

Am I right in thinking that the only interaction in WWF/E that Austin and Hogan ever had was the beatdown at the end of NWO? Im sure hogan was there while Austin was down. Unless Austin also chased him during his come back in the feud but I remember those scenes just being hall and nash

Depressing to think that was the only ever interaction and austin spent it on the floor

Am I right in thinking that the only interaction in WWF/E that Austin and Hogan ever had was the beatdown at the end of NWO? Im sure hogan was there while Austin was down. Unless Austin also chased him during his come back in the feud but I remember those scenes just being hall and nash

Depressing to think that was the only ever interaction and austin spent it on the floor

Nah there was a match on Raw. Rock and Austin vs Hogan, Hall and Nash-

Archived