Batistas Best Clobber

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

I forgot about Codys mo! Still, the rule is generally beards make a man more attractive and taches make them look creepier. The jurys still out on if Cody could turn me if he had a nice beard.

Cody and Dusty are just like Jamie and Harry Redknapp, really. Somehow good looking lads while their Dads faces are melting.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Orton is the best looking guy in WWE...

Orton was the best looking guy in the WWE, he stopped being so about 7 years ago when he started morphing in to Lord Voldermort. There are a couple of better candidates on the block now.

As far as I'm concerned the only guy better looking than Orton in WWE history is John Morrison. My current man crush is Dean Ambrose. :love:

• Paid Members
Maybe WWE want them wearing their own merch at all times on screen or something.

There's no problem with that, plenty of guys have rocked merch in the past and looked great.

I don't mind the trunks and a T-Shirt for interviews if they then go on to have a match. It's when there only appearance on the show is an interview and they are dressed to go that it's weird.

Agree with the point on suits being for main eventers. Never wasted on guys like Miz or Del Rio.

Great thread purps. Pink Polo shirt is the winner for me.

The wrestling gear for interviews gimmick is contrived, but so is interrupting an authority figure and then they respond with the "you're facing.... THIS MAN" gimmick. I try to justify it in my head with them knowing that so-and-so might interrupt them and having that guy cued up just in case, but still. Every time it happens, I don't know whether to shit or wind my watch.

• Paid Members
The wrestling gear for interviews gimmick is contrived, but so is interrupting an authority figure and then they respond with the "you're facing.... THIS MAN" gimmick. I try to justify it in my head with them knowing that so-and-so might interrupt them and having that guy cued up just in case, but still. Every time it happens, I don't know whether to shit or wind my watch.

Yeah, fucking stupid. It's also crazy in a "real sport" sense. Now I don't want them to present it as if it's real or lose the razzmatazz (before someone calls me a workrate wanker!) but I do wish there'd be some element of it. Maybe just at least pretend that these guys get some notice on who they are facing so they can prepare. Pretend there is some sort of structure to the card and that matches are made.

They have a 3 hour TV show. What would happen if the GM didn't make that match right now?

The other thing that annoys me and is sort of related is the "Board of directors". When do they decide to get involved? Why do they often sit back and watch when someone is the victim of a viscous assault, mistreatment or humiliation? Do they not mind that a guy is put in an extremely physical situation at 2 minutes notice, often when he's carrying an injury or recuperating from a very physical match? Heartless bunch of bastards.

• Paid Members
The other thing that annoys me and is sort of related is the "Board of directors". When do they decide to get involved? Why do they often sit back and watch when someone is the victim of a viscous assault, mistreatment or humiliation? Do they not mind that a guy is put in an extremely physical situation at 2 minutes notice, often when he's carrying an injury or recuperating from a very physical match? Heartless bunch of bastards.

To be honest, that's always bugged me a bit, since the days of Jack Tunney. Using the president/board of directors as a deus ex machina always just seems really pony when they interfere in individual feuds. The only times it's ever worked for me is when they intervene when something is particularly shocking and horrible, like Tunney banning Jake Robert's python following the Randy Savage angle, or when they got Trips to remove Vince because they thought he was losing it.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to heel authorities.

• Paid Members
View it as a live action comic book or video game. They're just going about their business and suddenly, here's their arch nemesis or one of his cronies and a fight 'match' ensues. Fuck viewing it as a proper sport. They're not sportsmen, they're superheroes.

Ever see a superhero lie on a headlock for 4 minutes?

• Paid Members
View it as a live action comic book or video game. They're just going about their business and suddenly, here's their arch nemesis or one of his cronies and a fight 'match' ensues. Fuck viewing it as a proper sport. They're not sportsmen, they're superheroes.

Ever see a superhero lie on a headlock for 4 minutes?

:laugh:

Orton's more a supervillain, to be fair.

• Paid Members

If only Jericho had style, hes good looking, certainly more so than Batista but just let it down thinking he was still on Strictly Come Dancing with the Stars or whatever it's called with sequinned, well, everything.

Archived