Rest in Peace - Mable

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Always had a soft spot for Big Vis. I liked MOM back then (not now, though) and thought he was destined for stardom when he ploughed through Taker easier than I'd ever seen at KOTR 95. When I got back into it I really liked his new look as Viscera and then again years later as Big Daddy V. 'Calling all cars' is a brilliant theme, too. His rolling kick was always a nice move to see and he had a nicely executed side belly-to-belly suplex up his sleeve. RIP.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh?

Wiki has it listed as D.O.B 24/1/1965- D.O.D. - 17/2/2007

So acording to that, he would have been 49 if he was still alive today

mable.jpg

Wiki had it as Feb 14th

Anyway enough of this sillyness. Good wrestler, enjoyed him more than perhaps I should. Sad loss

• Paid Members

Rubbish news. Like others didn't realise he was quite as young as he was, shocked about that and sad for anyone to go at such an age. The really big guys in wrestling do seem to go early though and he was certainly one of the biggest. Never really enjoyed his work from MoM but I always liked him from Viscera onwards. Definitely a guy that belonged in pro-wrestling. Always enjoyed his out of the blue returns and comebacks and especially enjoyed Big Daddy V (but hated the name), more could probably could have been done with that. One of the many surprising enjoyments of the ECW C brand.

MOM blew my mind back in 1993, seeing someone bigger than Yokuzuna hit drop kicks blew my mind. I specifically remember losing my shit at Survivor Series '93 when Bam Bam ploughed through the other 'Doinks' and then came face to face with one that dwarfed him.

In fact my fondest memory of Mabel was his match with Bam Bam from the Hart Attack tour in 1994. It was my first live WWF show and these two monsters damn near stole the show for me. They had some amazing chemistry together.

43 is no age really. I really enjoyed his World's Largest Love Machine gimmick. It always gave me chuckle especially that restaurant scene with Trish over here on Raw.

Also I remember that bit in the 2000 rumble when he comes out. He got a good reaction when the MSG crowd realised he was about to face Rikishi.

MOM blew my mind back in 1993, seeing someone bigger than Yokuzuna hit drop kicks blew my mind. I specifically remember losing my shit at Survivor Series '93 when Bam Bam ploughed through the other 'Doinks' and then came face to face with one that dwarfed him.

In fact my fondest memory of Mabel was his match with Bam Bam from the Hart Attack tour in 1994. It was my first live WWF show and these two monsters damn near stole the show for me. They had some amazing chemistry together.

In the back of my mind I'm sure Power Slam (or its predecessor Superstars of Wrestling) said at the time that Mabel was injuring guys like Bigelow and Diesel with careless work. This probably lead to his relegation.

Gotta love Vince, or whoever put the big chap on the fast track. Regardless of whether you liked his matches or not, they really knew how to push people back then.

I remember Power Slam waxing lyrical about this match at the time. Didn't they have a good TV match too, or am I imagining this?

• Paid Members

Ahmed Johnson is also 43. Imagine if AJ and Mable would have became the stars they wanted them to be in 1995, we'd have been heading into our second decade of Ahmed vs Mable headline matches.

I always though Ken Shamrock was an absolute dick for trying to legit break Mable's ankle on Raw in 1998. What a knob. I remember reading someone told Ken he always hurt people so to stick it to him, so Shamrock did.

Archived