Vinnie to buy the Toon

Sheffbag

utter nonsense. They're over here every 6 months, it be any more tapped a market

How about running a full time development promotion over here? The market would support that wouldn't it? Especially if they sent regulars and legends over for stints to help sell tickets.

Doubtful. It'd water down the WWE brand over here for no real benefit. They didn't build the performance centre in Florida to then send developmental talent to working men's clubs in Leicester.

I'm not saying it's likely. I'm just saying they *could* tap into the market further. They could easily make a buck or two touring the ice arenas and city halls of the UK building to bigger shows in big arenas. And they could do it for a fraction of the cost of buying a Premier League soccer team.

Vince McMahon is a control freak... rightly I suppose, if he's chucking his money into it. Thats why its Triple H in charge of Talent and creative. I'm not sure who the lead booker is at NXT these days, but if its not Vince rubber stamping everything, then its certainly Trips. I can't see him giving anyone that kind of trust for the day to day operation of a company in the UK, be it a wrestling company or a football team.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't 1PW run there in 2006/7ish? Admittedly that's a good while ago now.

No, they ran a show at the small sports arena next to the KC Stadium, same play that NGW have run a couple of times (and will again in March).

I know WWE last ran a show at the Ice Arena in (I think) 2005. But I honestly can't think of any kind of event (wrestling or otherwise) of note being held at the Ice Arena for sometime

No, they ran a show at the small sports arena next to the KC Stadium, same play that NGW have run a couple of times (and will again in March).

I know WWE last ran a show at the Ice Arena in (I think) 2005. But I honestly can't think of any kind of event (wrestling or otherwise) of note being held at the Ice Arena for sometime

Ice Hockey Jamborees are ok there

1PW ran the Gemtec Arena which is part of the KC Stadium complex in the 2000s (2006 or 2007 I think). Had a 4 way main event of Corino v Abyss v Doug Williams v (I think) AJ Styles and a cracking bout between Samoa Joe and Martin Stone.

When I was with Hammerlock, we ran Hull City Hall in 1998 but it didn't draw well and we never went back there.

Anyway, keeping with Lister's suggestions, surely Liverpool away would be called "In Your Scouse"?

1PW ran the Gemtec Arena which is part of the KC Stadium complex in the 2000s (2006 or 2007 I think). Had a 4 way main event of Corino v Abyss v Doug Williams v (I think) AJ Styles and a cracking bout between Samoa Joe and Martin Stone.

Yeah, it was the Devil' Due event which also featured Chris Hero, Takeshi Sugira, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Ebessan, Blue Meanie and a street fight between Ulf Herman and Iceman ("IT'S A BIFFA!")

The main event was fought under Double Jepordey Rules which ECW used once before at November To Remember 2000

• Paid Members

When I was with Hammerlock, we ran Hull City Hall in 1998 but it didn't draw well and we never went back there.

Anyway, keeping with Lister's suggestions, surely Liverpool away would be called "In Your Scouse"?

Already been done! https://www.facebook.com/events/564652806914046/

Mongy comment from the Daily Mail article:

If this goes through, it will be a disaster for Newcastle. He hates the fans, never does what they want. Just about 2 weeks ago, CM Punk walked away tired of his nonsense.

1PW ran the Bonus/Gemtec Arena in 2006. NGW have run there a few times since.

Ice Arena is a different place. Only ever had 2/3 WWE shows there if I'm right. It's SO strange seeing WWE in such a small environment.

Last time was 2005 - Batista vs HHH & Ric Flair, Kane v Edge and Shawn Michaels v Muhammad Hassan.

I'd love it if they ran there again but with the new big arena in Leeds I can't see it.

Archived