UKFF's Favourite Promo: Heat 2

JNLister

Heat 2  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rock in Toronto, Punk On Hardy and Austin 3:16 might just be my 3 favorite promos ever.

I went for Rock in Toronto, it lacks the significance of Austin 3:16, but captures the Hollywood Rock character at its peak. Still the most entertaining heel I have ever seen, just bags of fun.

Ah crap, went for Punk on Hardy without watching the playlist first. I thought it was the one where he came out dressed as Hardy and had half the crowd fooled before they realised what was going on. It's still a good promo though, and I'll stick with my vote because I do enjoy storylines based off of real life events, and I didn't want to choose between either Jake promo which will likely split his votes again.

• Paid Members

There's really nothing special about that Punk promo at all. It's a tough poll this, as both of Jake's efforts are fantastic, as are those from Dusty and Funk. All great, passionate speeches from guys that had an amazing way with words. Those promos are all short but to the point. I dislike the modern style of segment-long promos like those from Lethal, Rock and HBK. They are all great, but you can talk too much and comedy doesn't hold the same value with me as a truly great, raw and passionate promo. The real skill is talking for two minutes and saying something that is still remembered a generation later. That's why I voted for Austin 3:16, an iconic moment in the history of the business.

I thought Punk's promo at the PPV after that was much better. I liked the closing parts of the one on the Smackdown but underwhelmed for the most part.

If this is based off of me saying about Punk's promo on Hardy (and I could be wrong), I meant the Night of Champions promo. I couldn't find it on YouTube though, so this may be the closest thing.

• Paid Members

Brilliant selection. Austin's is one of wrestling's most iconic ever, The Rock is utterly brilliant and Roberts is on an incredible run around this time.

I went for HBK though. It's a brilliant act of crowd manipulation from a guy I didn't think had it in him at that point. I wish they'd kept him heel for a while.

Well this is an even more stacked heat than the first. Jay Lethal is spot on with that impression. Both of Jake's promos are superb and the Rock and HBK segments are excellent. HBK gets nuclear heat there. I went for Austin 3:16 in the end though due to it's significance. I don't understand why Punk has more votes than both of Jake's promos.

• Paid Members

This one was really difficult, much more so than the first. I was torn between Dusty's promo (mainly because I nominated it), Lethal/Flair, Jake's pre-match promo, Rock in Toronto and Austin 3:16.

Plumped for Lethal/Flair in the end because it's so unique, and because, no matter how many times I watch it, I just can't help but giggle. It's not just Lethal's performance, which is astounding, it's Flair's as well - he sells brilliantly for Lethal, and when you add the fact that he always looks like he's about to erupt like a volcano or drop dead from a heart attack, it makes for something truly special.

Jake Roberts, Tuesday in Texas post-match deserves far more love in the voting than it is getting.

"Jake Roberts, you are a bonafide sicko! Hitting a woman, how could you?!"

From 38 mins 40 secs in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G1NuL0A9sw

I always think that if you can remember most or all of the promo, 22+ years later, then it was a good promo. By contrast, I've watched TNA for years, from the start, and seen everything, but I couldn't tell you any verbage from the Jay Lethal/Ric Flair promo.

Archived