Wrestler Hometowns

garynysmon

There's a TV show on Dave called Lizard Lick Towing. It's a reality show based on the lives of a family run repo business.

There used to be a Nickelodeon show called Tucker. They had a bit about one of the characters acing a geography quiz based on his wrestler home town knowledge

That show had Seth Green in it,as the 'famous' neighbour right?

I know its not in the WWE/WWF but I enjoy every time I hear someone announce Kris Travis as from 'the centre of his own ego'.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many different hometowns was Davey Boy Smith given over the years? I can think of both (Dirty) Leeds and Manchester off the top of my head but theres probably more right? Maybe WCW announced him as hailing from a different place. Barrett went from being announced from being from Manchester to Preston too. Can only recall Regal being announced from Blackpool though.

Also very true about the knowledge of US states and cities because of wrestling. I remember a quiz at Uni once where one of the questions was to mention as many US states as possible and I got the most by far by.

• Paid Members
Whenever they have a round involving American cities and states on quiz show Pointless, I can usually get a lot of low-scoring answers purely from hearing wrestlers hometowns being announced.

Yeah, I attribute my knowledge of American states to the grappling too. I'm sure everybody here probably would.

Mine's mainly from hours on Sporcle. But it started off from the wrestling and also from the American foreign students at my uni.

• Paid Members
Truth or Consequences,New Mexico suited Foley to a tee

Time to ruin this! I loved this as a hometown, and imagined there to be some kind of badass cowboy origin to the name, but it turns out that it used to be called Hot Springs and changed its name in 1950 to win a competition to host the radio quiz show Truth or Consequences.

Sorry.

I almost think that The Fink is one of my most missed guys from years gone by, the whole Rrrrrrrazor ramon, Newwwww champion etc, Justin Roberts makes it sound so forced.

Back on topic, the red hook section of Brooklyn New York always sounded badass and D'lo & Al Snow's European title runs when they would be 'currently residing in' Helsinki, Finland etc

How many different hometowns was Davey Boy Smith given over the years? I can think of both (Dirty) Leeds and Manchester off the top of my head but theres probably more right? Maybe WCW announced him as hailing from a different place. Barrett went from being announced from being from Manchester to Preston too. Can only recall Regal being announced from Blackpool though.

I think I've heard them announce Davey being from Wigan as well

Archived