Wrestler Hometowns

garynysmon

• Paid Members

I thought for sure there would be an existing thread on this topic but can't find one. (Someone will probably prove me wrong now)

Anyway, I was tickled by how cool sounding

Lizard Lick, North Carolina.

Got me thinking of some of my other favourites, such as the obvious Stone Mountain, Georgia for Jake the Snake, and '"Wherever he damn well pleases!" for Sid Vicious.

Any others?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Summer/ winter residences for million dollar man

Anything more appropriate than Death Valley?

Parts Unknown?

Half of my geographical knowledge comes from hearing wrestler introductions.

• Paid Members
Whenever they have a round involving American cities and states on quiz show Pointless, I can usually get a lot of low-scoring answers purely from hearing wrestlers hometowns being announced.

Yeah, I attribute my knowledge of American states to the grappling too. I'm sure everybody here probably would.

I thought for sure there would be an existing thread on this topic but can't find one. (Someone will probably prove me wrong now)

Anyway, I was tickled by how cool sounding

Lizard Lick, North Carolina.

Got me thinking of some of my other favourites, such as the obvious Stone Mountain, Georgia for Jake the Snake, and '"Wherever he damn well pleases!" for Sid Vicious.

Any others?

There's a TV show on Dave called Lizard Lick Towing. It's a reality show based on the lives of a family run repo business.

There's a TV show on Dave called Lizard Lick Towing. It's a reality show based on the lives of a family run repo business.

That show's my guilty pleasure. They had Ric Flair on a episode, the discussion the two guys had about being scared of delivering some bad news to him because they were scared of getting a chop had me in stitches.

There used to be a Nickelodeon show called Tucker. They had a bit about one of the characters acing a geography quiz based on his wrestler home town knowledge

The Godfather being billed from The Red-Light District was a favourite.

Archived