Best Event of 1992: WCW Beach Blast

Greatest Moment of 1992: Bret Hart being announced as the new WWF Champion

Best Tag Team of 1992: Steiner Bros

Breakout Star of 1992: Shawn Michaels

Best Non-Wrestler of 1992: Sensational Sherri

Worst Pro-wrestler of 1992: Junkyard Dog

Worst Match of 1992: Undertaker vs Sid at UK Rampage '92

Worst Event of 1992: Halloween Havoc '92

Biggest Anti-climax of 1992: Dangerous Alliance angle just fading away.

Best Pro-wrestler of 1992: For me i'll go with Vader, CWA international champion, IWGP Tag champ with Bigelow and 2 time WCW champ, sent Sting and Koloff to the injury bench all in the same year. Massive matches with Sting and a true worldwide wrestler swings it for me plus he still had the bad ass image around him

Best Match of 1992: Rumble - nothing else needs adding but i'd throw Pillman / Liger in as a close second and the best one on one match of the year

Best Event of 1992: As an event it has to be Summerslam, biggest legit crowd in the Western world to see a WWF show ever and something that will never be repeated in this country again

Greatest Moment of 1992: Bobby Heenan's commentary throughout the rumble "Its not fair to Flair", "yes, yes, yes ,yes, yes, yes". A masterclass. Runner up - Jake Roberts DDT's Sting on his arrival in WCW - pity the rest of the fued was crap

Funniest Moment of 1992: anything to do with Papa Shango and Warrior

Best Tag Team of 1992: Williams and Gordy, destroyed Steiners reputation as the best in the world. Runner up - Anderson and Eaton

Breakout Star of 1992: Vader in the states

Best Non-Wrestler of 1992: Paul E Dangerously

Worst Pro-wrestler of 1992: Erik Watts

Worst Match of 1992:Yokozuna vs Virgil (Survivors) even worse than Virgil vs Nailz

Worst Event of 1992: Bring on the hate but im saying WM8, for the biggest event of the year we got 9 matches of which 2 went less than 4 min, a 8 man went 6 minutes, Taker's entrance took longer than his match. Take out Hart/Piper and Savage/Flair and its poor event.

Biggest Anti-climax of 1992: Bill Watts taking over WCW. Tag team tournaments with brackets that are wrong giving away the biggest tag match of the year for free (i remember seeing it on Worldwide on Tyne Tees Tv) and making stupid rule changes (no mats, no top rope moves in a federation full of high flyers). What could have been a breath of fresh air for the number 2 federation was awful

• Paid Members
Best Event of 1992: As an event it has to be Summerslam, biggest legit crowd in the Western world to see a WWF show ever and something that will never be repeated in this country again

Worst Event of 1992: Bring on the hate but im saying WM8, for the biggest event of the year we got 9 matches of which 2 went less than 4 min, a 8 man went 6 minutes, Taker's entrance took longer than his match. Take out Hart/Piper and Savage/Flair and its poor event.

I can't understand the logic here. Take out Warrior/Savage and Bulldog/Hart out of SummerSlam 1992 and it's absolutely abysmal.

I can't understand the logic here. Take out Warrior/Savage and Bulldog/Hart out of SummerSlam 1992 and it's absolutely abysmal.

But Summerslam did have:

Biggest ratified crowd ever to watch a WWF event

Was based here

PWI match of the year (yes its PWI but in 1992 that was probably the source for the majority of people to get their wrestling information that wasnt on telly)

A fantastic main event with a definitive ending instead of one which ended on a DQ on the "biggest show of the year" and a botched run in.

A crowd that didnt shut up all night and made an event THE event of the year

You are right, take out the 2 matches from the card of SS then it is a poor wrestling card BUT the category is Best Event not just a wrestling match line up. Summerslam was the best event of the year not only for the 2 stellar matches but for all the other reasons as well.

Mania is meant to be THE show of the year and it didnt deliver, who wants to see a DQ finish in the main event of mania and a run in by Shango? Perhaps it seems poorer becuase its sandwiched between Rumble 92 and Summerslam 92 which are acknowledged in this thread as the 2 best events by others but for me i found WM 8 a poor event. It could have had Hogan/Flair for the belt - at the time the biggest match in the 10 years prior to it and instead they went with Sid/Hogan? This was the first time that the WWF title did not go on last if it was defended for a Mania, that takes away from it too for me. I suppose i'm saying that the show could and should have had more as THE event of 1992.

Put it this way, you could have left after Flair/Savage and missed nothing. You couldnt say that about going after Savage/Warrior at SS.

Best Pro-wrestler of 1992: Bret Hart

Best Match of 1992:Bret vs Piper From Wrestlemania, Still remember watching this for the first time. Great Match

Best Event of 1992:Wrestlemania 8 for me

Greatest Moment of 1992: Rockers Split up on the Barbershop

Funniest Moment of 1992:

Best Tag Team of 1992: at the time LOD by far, looking back now, nobody really sticks out so will stick with LOD.

Breakout Star of 1992: Shawn as single wrestler.

Best Non-Wrestler of 1992: Fond Memories of Heenan from this time

Worst Pro-wrestler of 1992: Probably Gonzales

Worst Match of 1992: Bushwackers vs Beverleys, Bushwackers could bring anyone down to their level.

Worst Event of 1992: I found this hard, there is a few, but all have at least one good match, but will go with Halloween Havoc for the dire main event and semi main event.

Biggest Anti-climax of 1992: Jake Robert WCW debut

• Paid Members

I might be wrong but I don't even think he was in WCW by 1992. Maybe he was still under contract but he wasn't featured on TV much, if at all in 92. Last I remember of him in WCW around that time was 91. Then he seemed to disappear until he popped up in the WWF in that hideous furry giant babygrow at the 93 Rumble.

Best Wrestler of 1992: Sting - Almost everything he did that year was excellent.

Best Match of 1992: Sting's Squadron vs Dangerous Alliance (Wargames) - Awesomeosity.

Best Event of 1992: Superbrawl II - This was a tough decision, Beach Blast was also a really good card, so was Mania 8.

Greatest Moment of 1992: Bulldog winning the IC title at Wembley.

Funniest Moment of 1992: Randy Savage forgetting the rules of the Royal Rumble.

Best Tag Team of 1992: Steiner Brothers - It wasn't the greatest year for tag wrestling but I think the Steiners were probably the most consistent.

Breakout Star of 1992: Shawn Michaels

Best Non-Wrestler of 1992: Bobby Heenan - Commentary at the Rumble alone is enough to win this category.

Worst Wrestler of 1992: Erik Watts

Worst Match of 1992: Bushwhackers vs Beverly Brothers - I contemplated the rest hold marathon of Chono vs Rude from Halloween Havoc but in the end I went with this because I hate the Bushwhackers to my very core.

Worst Event of 1992: Halloween Havoc - It actually has 2 decent matches on it but the rest is painfully bad, including the last 3 matches.

Biggest Anti-Climax of 1992: The unsatisfactory end to the Savage vs Roberts feud.

Archived