And the next wwe hall of fame inductee is......

The Truth

I just read a rumour that Stacey Kiebler may be getting inducted into the hall of fame and my first thought was has she really done enough in pro wrestling to warrent a HOF induction. I can't really think of anything she's done in pro wrestling that really stood out head and shoulders above all the other divas. Are wwe just trying to take advantage of her non wrestling celebrity status to grab a few headlines?

It really makes me think about the hall of fame in general. It was started we the intent of honouring those who gave their all for the business and helped build wwwf/wwf/wwe into the global giant it is today. But is that what it is now? Has the HOF become just another annual show? Have too many inductions meant that they just need bodies to fill spots now? Christ I heard their now thinking of inducting matches. If that's true Shawn Michaels will be able to open his own jewellery store with all the rings he could get.

Thoughts?

Wrestling is just people in swimming costumes pretending to fight and reciting silly dialogue. You'd have to be some kind of cunt to get snobby about its hall of fame selections.

She's pretty, she's got nice legs and she did more than enough for there to be plenty of footage for a three minute video. Two minutes of which will be taken up by gossip mag photos and clips from celebrity dancing, anyway. She has very few career highlights in wrestling (that time when she put her legs on Vince's shoulders and that time where... I dunno, was there another memorable thing she did?), but she'd look brilliant on the stage. She can talk properly as well, which instantly makes her a better choice for a female face to go in over Lita. Keibler must have put about five years in to WCW and WWE, which is a decent shift.

• Paid Members

What warrants getting the Hall of Fame these days, though? A lot of the inductees are only in there for making a handful of appearances from when they were a relevant Celebrity. E.g, Drew Carey.

I think the days of criticising if someone has done 'enough' to go into the Hall, are long gone.

• Paid Members
Wrestling is just people in swimming costumes pretending to fight and reciting silly dialogue. You'd have to be some kind of cunt to get snobby about its hall of fame selections.

I don't get the WWE Hall Of Fame. You seem to have a third of people who are precious about it, a third who think it's a joke not to be taken seriously and a third in the middle who'll discuss who should induct the Ultimate Warrior for 6 pages.

Bearing in mind that regardless of what you think, the criteria for a "diva" is different to that of a male wrestler, there aren't many more worthwhile candidates than Kiebler. In fact if there was ever a published "7 wonders of the wrestling world", her legs would be one of them.

I just read a rumour...

Sounds pretty legit to me.

I love Stacy, given the timing of her WWF/E run I actually think she might have been my first celebrity crush. She's freaking gorgeous, but really did nothing of note in wrestling besides being probably the best looking Diva they've had. No real memorable angles, moments, matches... she managed the Dudleyz for a bit, had some bra and panties matches, did some half decent stuff with Test and Steiner, then managed Hurricane and Rosey... and that's about it. I just summed up her wrestling career.

Cracking entrance though.

Lita should absolutely go in next. I could see Sable going in (big part of Attitude Era, one of the first Divas, Brock Lesnar connection).

I also think that Miss Jackie/Miss Texas/Jacqueline should be inducted well before names like Stacy Keibler are considered but I suppose WWE is looking to bring some outside media attention to this years proceedings, Stacy is doing very well as a TV presenter on a National level in America and is a well known B-Lister, its not about who is deserving its about creating a buzz, I can't see why an induction in to the HOF is warranted they could just use her in some form at Mania itself, if Stacy has any class she will turn down the induction she must realise she isn't exactly deserving.

You not think that WWE is running out of deserving HOF candidates, I can't think of many wrestlers who are left to induct. I think its loosing its prestige and it seems slightly over-crowded. In a couple of years time practically everyone who made a slight name for themseleves is going to have been inducted and its going to take away from those who actually deserve a spot in the HOF. I think WWE should tie up loose ends next year and make a play for wrestlers from the past who have yet to be inducted for what ever reason who are deserving like Savage etc and from then on perhaps only induct ONE person each year and that will be someone from late 90's to present day or something. Everyone who deserves to be inducted apart from the obvious select few has been inducted from what I can tell.

I hope she has broken up with Clooney, just to avoid the shit jokes that Batista has already broken every Diva so they are bringing George Clooney in for a night to holds Batista's coat and shoes

Stacey won't be inducted for her in ring career, she'll be getting inducted for her contributions as eye candy manager

Archived