UFC 170: Rousey vs McMann

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Manuwa has had one of the strangest UFC runs in recent memory, impressive but weird.

I'm not entirely convinced Ryan Jimmo was injured in the last fight though, homeboy is making people quit.

Agreed. As you say I honestly think Jimmo was out cold as came to and thought "I'm having no more of this".

As I've mentioned before, Manuwa's striking during the Kyle Kingsbury fight in Nottingham took devastation to a whole new level for me. I've never heard anything like it.

A win over Gustafsson, then maybe a win over someone like Shogun would certainly put Manuwa into contention. Imagine seeing him go against Jones? I don't think I'd ever have been as emotionally invested in such a fight as I would with that one.

A British guy, an immigrant, went to jail, got into MMA at age 23, got into the UFC then got a title shot against one of the best ever at 205lbs? Christ, if he was Italian and this was boxing it would be Rocky 1!

• Paid Members

Lucas Martins is injured. UFC newcomer Cody Gibson is his replacement and will now fight Aljamain Sterling on this card. Shame, I was looking forward to the original fight. Still interested to see this Sterling guy fight though.

• Paid Members

Oh for fuck's sake. That's a big hit to the card. Although I wasn't expecting a barnburner it was an intriguing fight and added something overall to the card. Rory vs Maia as co-main then.

As much as I admire Chael's bollocks (yes I did say that), and I don't doubt for one second his offer is genuine, it makes no sense for him to jump in here. It would disrupt TUF Brazil, possibly set back the Wanderlei fight if Chael got hurt and if there's already talk of postponing the DC vs Rashad fight until 172 then they must know that Rashad's injury won't keep him out too long. So re-booking that fight makes more sense. No need to potentially fuck up TUF and delay the Wand fight just to tart this card up. I'd rather take the hit on this one than even risk ballsing all that up.

• Paid Members

I'd try to book DC vs Davis. Although I don't know if Davis would go for it on this notice and who could blame him? It makes more sense in the title picture than Rumble would, if they're trying to build Cormier as a future contender.

Give Rumble a striker. Let him come back with a bang. Te Huna or Brandon Vera. Someone like that.

Realistically though, they'll probably just push Cormier vs Rashad back to 172 and leave Davis vs Rumble as is.

If they brought in Rumble on short notice, it'd have to be a heavyweight fight. Wasn't he 211 for the Vitor fight? I wouldn't take any chances with him.

I'd like to see Rumble vs. Te Huna but Te Huna is dropping to MW.

I think UFC will just take the hit on this one. Chael vs. Wanderlei is too big a fight to risk. Also it'll be a nice test of Rousey as a PPV draw. Both times out she's been supported by big names- Henderson, Machida, Faber, Anderson.

Archived