tiger_rick

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Y SO MANY PHOTOS.

*phone melts*

I told you, you're always moaning about pictures! Buy a better bloody phone! :p

The time is right to rerun the Survivor Series 88 tag battle for sure. It's not just quantity of teams, there's also proper tag work going on beyond the hot tag off Face In Peril. Blind tags, rope pulls, creative double teaming, different styles... Epic tag battle royal please.

• Awards Moderator
I told you as well, fuck off. Why posts a photo which isn't needed? I'm out of work at the moment, so if I need a new phone I'll gladly recieve one off you.

Hang on two months and you can. I'm the meantime, Quebecers were still awful whether there's a photo of them in here or not.

• Paid Members

I'm a sucker for tag wrestling and I've loved the past year or so for tags in WWE. I reckon this is as good as we've had it since 1999-2001, at least. The TLC era didn't just have Edge & Christian, Dudleyz and Hardyz but also New Age Outlaws (later X-Pac & Roadie), APA, Too Cool, Holly cousins and then some throw-togethers like T&A, Head Cheese, The Shield mk I (Bossman and Bull), The Radicalz, Right to Censor and so on. Some tripe there but in the main some brilliant teams resulting in fantastic matches. Before then the best period was probably what I'd consider the golden age of tag wrestling- late 80s/early 90s in WWE and NWA/WCW. Unparalleled.

The 'Smackdown six' in late 2002 was excellent, but I'd hardly call it a great division- if a division at all. All were clearly there as stop-gaps before resuming their singles careers and it only lasted a few months anyway.

Edit: and the Quebecers were class. Not bad division then- Steiners and Headshrinkers knocking about. MOM were horrible though and I always hated Smoking Gunns as a kid.

If Evan Bourne ever comes back they may as well throw him and Gabriel together as a Londrick high flying tag team because neither seem to have anything going for them as singles guys

Been saying the exact same thing for years.

Think the tag division is being over hyped a bit as -

NAO won't be around for long,

Cody/Goldust will probs split up soon,

Rumors of Cesaro turning face,

Don't see Axel being around too much longer + 3MB & Los Matadores suck.

• Paid Members

Surprised the Rhodes lads are just called Brotherhood. Why not just call them the Rhodes Bros.? Or, as Butch said, the Rhodes Boys to reflect their Southern-ness? Or, if they keep Duthtay as their manager, the Rhodes Dynasty or Rhodes Gang?

• Paid Members
Think the tag division is being over hyped a bit as -

NAO won't be around for long,

Cody/Goldust will probs split up soon,

Rumors of Cesaro turning face,

Don't see Axel being around too much longer + 3MB & Los Matadores suck.

A couple of years ago, there weren't four teams to break up. The fact that the four you mention could bugger off and leave five decent teams behind them is exactly why it has depth.

Not to mention that there are plenty of possibilities for getting over new teams now they've got established teams to work from.

I like to call them Goldy Rhodes.

I don't watch Raw in full that often, and have been skipping tag matches, but have begun to take notice. The Uso's for example, I'm not that fond of yet. There's too much going on in their entrance, and I like to see differences in the tag partners - I can't tell the difference between the two. However, they're winning against big teams, overcoming big challenges, holding their own against the rest. It's nice to see a team having to work towards the gold over a long period of time rather than show up and win the titles within a couple of months. Also, I like the face paint.

Archived