RevProUK: Sittingbourne Spectacular, Sunday March 16th, Sittingbourne

Andy

oh well it not that important was just pointing out the bits that were slightly annoying in an otherwise brilliant wrestling show overall the experience and show were great as I've said above everyone has a opinion

No return date announced at all for Sittingbourne. The only date Andy was pimping was the June 15th York Hall show. Which I guess means we'll have Nakamura vs Zack, Devitt vs Bodom, Scurll's first Title defense and Karl Anderson there.

Quick thoughts seen as my list of to write is ever expanding, and whilst I'm here:

Really good opener between Swords vs Lethal/Dutt. Was surprised at how good this but then Lethal/Dutt have as much experience working together and being firm friends for such a long time they made a very effective tag team. Ospreay even pulled out a sick Sasuke special.

Ligero/Bodom was a great No DQ match that featured a german suplex onto a shopping trolley and a dive off the back of the stage from Ligero onto Bodom. Two matches in and I'd already say they bettered their counterparts from the night before.

Cabana/Grey was a enjoyable comedy match and what Cabana should have been doing all along. His goodbye speech seemed to be pretty heartfelt too.

When Marty won the belt the night before I thought we were going to get a re-hash of Sha's Title reign - Neutered heel getting cheap victories. But the belt gave him added confidence. He knew he was good enough to be Champion, that he deserved to be Champion on his wrestling alone, so he wasn't afraid to show WHY he was Champion in his match against Andrews so he looked the best he had in a RevPro ring in months and the two had a great match with a dominant Scurll working over the prior injured Andrews and also showing why he should be Champion of the promotion with his in-ring skills.

Inner City Machine Guns vs Bucks was everything I hoped it would be and the second best match of the weekend. Everything you saw out of their PWG and DG USA matches but put into a main event slot and made to feel like a true Sittingbourne Spectacular. Was shocked to see the Guns retain but knew as soon as Ricochet took the mic that The Kartel would come out. Shame that the Americans lost their belts in such similar circumstances on back to back nights in foolishly agreeing to defend their belts again or restart the match.

Coming into the weekend it looked like RevPro were missing something, but both shows showed why I've been following this promotion for four years now. This wasn't the best Sittingbourne show I've been too, but it exceeded my expectations. Hopefully they do return.

Just to clarify the situation with Sittingbourne - The Wyvern Hall as we know it is disappearing. We are not sure of the time scale but they were unable to take bookings after April 1st. We have an option to put shows on in the sports hall but are waiting to see what happens & weighing up our options as we were originally told the Wyvern would already be gone by now. We will obviously keep you guys updated

Just to clarify the situation with Sittingbourne - The Wyvern Hall as we know it is disappearing. We are not sure of the time scale but they were unable to take bookings after April 1st. We have an option to put shows on in the sports hall but are waiting to see what happens & weighing up our options as we were originally told the Wyvern would already be gone by now. We will obviously keep you guys updated

Move all the Sittingbourne shows to Portsmouth, there's an easy solution for you :D

The setup at the Mountbatten show at the weekend was great with all the tiered seating and lots of free parking.

Archived