The Jim Cornette / Alex Shane Kickstarter Amusement Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well I got some discounted tickets in the end so I can speak to Manchester. Was not near the sellout Glasgow appeared to be but it was honestly an enjoyable evening. We all know he's pretty much a rent-a-mouth these days but if that's the case, this is the perfect setting for him.

Was presented by the Wrestletalk blokes, who kept things running at a reasonable pace and didn't get too much in the way. Was all the stuff you'd expect, Russo, Kevin Dunn, TNA, Dixie Carter, Kevin Steen etc but there were also a lot of good stories about Bossman, The Midnight Express, Paul Bearer and the Brawl For All of all things. Chris Brooker did a bit of warm up too which was a pleasant surprise.

All in all, I'd have to say anyone who went there, knowing what they were getting definitely got their moneys worth at 3 hours, the man still tells a good story and he's funny enough that he's the ideal candidate for a show like this. Breaking news out of the evening was they took him to Nandos and he loved it, so yeah there's that.

Well I got some discounted tickets in the end so I can speak to Manchester. Was not near the sellout Glasgow appeared to be but it was honestly an enjoyable evening. We all know he's pretty much a rent-a-mouth these days but if that's the case, this is the perfect setting for him.

Was presented by the Wrestletalk blokes, who kept things running at a reasonable pace and didn't get too much in the way. Was all the stuff you'd expect, Russo, Kevin Dunn, TNA, Dixie Carter, Kevin Steen etc but there were also a lot of good stories about Bossman, The Midnight Express, Paul Bearer and the Brawl For All of all things. Chris Brooker did a bit of warm up too which was a pleasant surprise.

All in all, I'd have to say anyone who went there, knowing what they were getting definitely got their moneys worth at 3 hours, the man still tells a good story and he's funny enough that he's the ideal candidate for a show like this. Breaking news out of the evening was they took him to Nandos and he loved it, so yeah there's that.

Agreed, had a really good time today and the whole thing was really enjoyable. Was nice to meet Cornette, guy really is a class act and seemed genuinely pleased to be meeting the fans at teh meet and greet. The whole event kept to it's timetable well, with everything starting on time. The only deviation was the show going long at Cornette's request lol. Definitely felt like i got my moneys worth today :-)

The unexpected addition of Chris Brooker was a nice bonus also!

Archived