Fake Razor/Diesel

Egg Shen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
was the WCW dig at JR with Oklahoma anything to do with this? or did that come much later?

It has nothing to do with Fake Diesel/Razor, It's kind of related to JR's second heel turn.

Ed Ferrera first did his JR impression in the WWF. I think it was 98 when Tiger Ali Singh offered him, supposedly a fan at ringside, a wad of cash to ape JR.

Heel JR and Dr Death come out, and Doc batters Ed (again, its a bit of a stupid angle. Heel wrestler attacks a fan whos been paid by another wrestler to do an impression, do what?).

Anyhoo, Oklahoma was basically a dig at the WWF office more than anything, as JR was a prominent member at the time.

• Paid Members
I have to say I always found JR's heel turns to be shit and they never even slightly interested me, although him setting up his own commentary desk in front of the normal Raw one was pretty funny.

The best part of that is JR going mental when Bob Holly gets put through it by Billy gunn (or the other way around).

JR Shouting "my table, he broke my damn table" on a loop as Dr Death puts the boots in. What makes it better is the table didn't really give, if I remeber right, so it's not acctualy broken.

Am I right in thinking that the fake Razor Ramon wrestled in one of the Royal Rumble matches, but the original Razor Ramon never did?

That could be true as I remember Razor being involved in singles matches at Royal Rumble. At the top of my head he fought Bret, IRS & Jeff Jarrett. Did they used to double duty those days?

• Paid Members
Am I right in thinking that the fake Razor Ramon wrestled in one of the Royal Rumble matches, but the original Razor Ramon never did?

That could be true as I remember Razor being involved in singles matches at Royal Rumble. At the top of my head he fought Bret, IRS & Jeff Jarrett. Did they used to double duty those days?

I fondly remember the

I have to say I always found JR's heel turns to be shit and they never even slightly interested me, although him setting up his own commentary desk in front of the normal Raw one was pretty funny.

The best part of that is JR going mental when Bob Holly gets put through it by Billy gunn (or the other way around).

JR Shouting "my table, he broke my damn table" on a loop as Dr Death puts the boots in. What makes it better is the table didn't really give, if I remeber right, so it's not acctualy broken.

Bob Holly took the bump, it looked nasty.

That's nice trivia actually, he was in a title match at every Royal Rumble too. Don't the Dudley's have a pretty similar thing about missing Rumbles, I can't be arsed to check but apart from the tables match with the Hardyz from 2000, they always seemed to be in Tag Title scrapes instead of the match itself.

Bob Holly took the bump, it looked nasty.

that was similar to what they did with Cole the other year and his big glass box. This is the only image I can find of it, if I recall Holly didn't get the bump right and only glanced the table

and nevermind fake razor/diesel, what was with Dr Death's debut attire? -

• Paid Members

Regarding the Fake Razor and Diesel issues, WWF was working with AAA at the time too and had seen the reasonable success they had in repackaging their wrestlers. WWF really was in the shit from about June 1996 to December 1996.

• Paid Members
WWF really was in the shit from about June 1996 to December 1996.

Longer than that I'd say. I love 1997. From WrestleMania to Survivor Series is my favourite period in wrestling ever. But the first couple of months were pretty shite. Bret & Austin provided a few highlights and the Final Four main event is awesome but almost everything else is dire. The Nation as top heels and those horrible foreign Raws are the lowlight.

Archived