WWE Unifying the IC & US titles

Direct Impact

I like have two secondary belts but not as they currently are. There should be a distinction in levels between the IC and the US. The IC should definitely be higher up in acclaim than the US and it just isn't currently. For me, the way to have these two titles would've been to have the lower top guys circling around the IC belt. Kane, Ziggler, Sheamus, Del Rio, Henry, Kingston, Big Show. Then have the true mid carders floating around the US title such as Sandow, Big E, Axel, Cesaro, Ryder, Barret, Clay, Ambrose, R-truth and so on. That's how I would personally like to see it done. World Heavy Weight Title, IC title, US title IN THAT ORDER! The roster is big enough to warrent both titles IMO

• Paid Members

Found the two World Titles and Two secondary titles pointless since they abandoned the brand split. Plus it's pretty obvious that they have no ideas for either title and they've been driven into the ground by throwing out matches week after week with no reasoning and no objective.

Both champions are fucking excellent so here's hoping that unifying them will give them a kick up the arse to write something interesting for it each week. I'd stick IC title matches in the main event slot on Smackdown to try and convince people that it's worth something and have Big E. turning back challenges aplenty.

I hope they keep the IC title cause to me its a 'WWF/E' title compared to the US which was wCw to me.

Slightly off topic but I'd like if/when they get one title for the wwe heavyweight title that they bring back a version off the winged eagle belt, with Mania 30 coming up and nostaga will be high it would be easy enough to do, plus as shown by wwe.com a few months ago the belt looks awesome on Cena, Punk, Reigns etc

I like have two secondary belts but not as they currently are. There should be a distinction in levels between the IC and the US. The IC should definitely be higher up in acclaim than the US and it just isn't currently. For me, the way to have these two titles would've been to have the lower top guys circling around the IC belt. Kane, Ziggler, Sheamus, Del Rio, Henry, Kingston, Big Show. Then have the true mid carders floating around the US title such as Sandow, Big E, Axel, Cesaro, Ryder, Barret, Clay, Ambrose, R-truth and so on. That's how I would personally like to see it done. World Heavy Weight Title, IC title, US title IN THAT ORDER! The roster is big enough to warrent both titles IMO

I agree. I didn't mind the Euro Title for this reason. The IC title was still a big deal for the upper midcard just below main eventers, then you had the Euro title for the lower mid card.

• Paid Members

This thread seems massively behind the times. WWE.com even had an article on the subject days, if not a couple of weeks ago. Ambrose andLLangston even had comments on the subject. The subject seems to have died off the last few days.

• Paid Members

Like others have said I would have the IC title be for the upper-crust middle card/future main eventer guys.

I would then have the US title be a kind of X-Division/Light Heavyweight Championship type of setting. Just throw out all the high flyer types each week in various combinations to tear it up. Very much like WCW Cruiserweight title scene or the early days of the X Division. Guys like Sami Zayne, Kofi Kingston, Adrian Neville, Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne and the like just laying it all out there.

This thread seems massively behind the times. WWE.com even had an article on the subject days, if not a couple of weeks ago. Ambrose andLLangston even had comments on the subject. The subject seems to have died off the last few days.

Oh sorry, I only just read it on LoP when I posted. It was new news on there.

• Paid Members

To be fair, WWE.com run speculative features all the time. They have done ones on bringing back the Hardcore title and things like that in the past, a lot of the articles on the site don't have anything to do with current booking plans.

• Paid Members
There's no question what title would be retired. The US title would be retired as the IC title is the WWE's belt.

Not necessarily. WWE phased out their Light Heavyweight Championship in favour of the Cruiserweight Championship, which came from WCW.

• Paid Members
There's no question what title would be retired. The US title would be retired as the IC title is the WWE's belt.

Not necessarily. WWE phased out their Light Heavyweight Championship in favour of the Cruiserweight Championship, which came from WCW.

True but that had been around 4 years, not 35.

Am I alone in not rating Big E Langston at all? He's got no charisma at all and has a terrible sounding voice.

Generally agree with this, nobody will ever convince me that him being mates with Cena is not the main reason for his push.

I don't deny he has some potential but pushed too far too quickly for me.

Am I alone in not rating Big E Langston at all? He's got no charisma at all and has a terrible sounding voice.

Generally agree with this, nobody will ever convince me that him being mates with Cena is not the main reason for his push.

I don't deny he has some potential but pushed too far too quickly for me.

How far has he been pushed though?

Given a title that hasn't mattered a toss for about a decade, few wins over a few permanent feaures in the lower mid card.

I actually think WWE have been doing Ok with him, a strong Rumble showing and there is a potential star in there.

His finishing move is cracking and the crowd seem to buy into his straps down malerkey.

• Paid Members

I don't like his face, a cool face is an under-appreciated commodity in wrestling. Big E Langston looks like a really ugly baby, his hair make his head look a weird shape too and I'm not keen on the design on his singlet (although it's better than the X rated one he wore when he started that showed half his arse) Other than that I think he's good, I don't find his physique appealing as it's just too damn curvy but it's certainly impressive. I'd like to give him a makeover, a nice baby blue singlet, white boots, longer hair and a bigger moustache would do him good.

Archived