Forgotten WWE Superstars from 2000-2010

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

The WWE roster changes so often, sometimes guys stick around for ages, sometimes they go through the revolving door and out of the other side with little fanfare. I enjoyed the topic on here about indy wankers from the 2000s so I thought it might be fun to reminisce about some of the wrestlers from WWE's recent history who didn't leave much of a mark, there are loads but I'll start off with these three bodyguards.

Jesus

BXRZNkm.jpg

He wore a vest with braces and trousers with a really high waist and hung around with Carlito. Probably the most noteworthy thing he did was the surprisingly violent storyline where he stabbed John Cena in the kidney. (which was really so the doctor of thuganomics could take time off to fuck off to Oz to film the Marine)

Luther Reigns (the original Reigns)

pqLKBiE.jpg

Smackdown GM Kurt Angle's bodyguard Luther Reigns, he was massive and he looked a bit like you'd see him chilling on Old Compton Street. He had a stroke in 2009 which he attributes to god sending him a message to stop taking steroids and painkillers. He asked for his release from WWE in 2005 because he kept disagreeing with Paul Heyman but I can't resist mentioning his last ever match, it was for WWCW (?) in 2006 and featured him and Heidenreich losing to Scott Norton and the aforementioned Jesus, sounds great. Sadly he blew all the money he made from wrestling and now relies on his mother to support him financially, oh well, at least he got to have an action figure made of himself.

Bam Neely

5bRjezg.jpg

Big boring cunt who apparently was employed by WWE on and off from 2000-2008, seems mental as I only remember him from his time as Chavo's bodyguard. Being Chavo's backup seems like a pretty raw deal but remember Batista started as D-Von's bodyguard so if you're good enough you can still get over - Bam didn't though and he's now a bouncer. Also of note, his nickname was "the one man fence" - terrible.

Who are your most/least fondly remembered (or maybe barely remembered at all) superstars and divas from the period?

Mordecai: given a decent build up, had a good look & finisher. Was clearly built up for an Undi feud that never happened. WWE pulled the plug after a very short while.

Nathan Jones: Massive, hard looking fella who looked like a beast and had done time. Despite Stinking up the indies wwe signed him, thrust him on tv after a good buildup & then quickly realised he was rotten and pulled him.....also botching there wm plans.

"Just Joe" started a fair few feuds around 2000 - 2001 with his gossiping ways.

That was the first one that came to mind.

01.jpg

Key!

Or Vic Grimes of ECW "fame" hanging out with Droz & Prince Albert. Come to think about it, that was probably 1999. Got it wrong already :confused:

I've been watching some old 1999/2000 Raws recently and amongst the good stuff at the top of card are some barrel scraping beauties. I'm shit and I can't post pictures which is rubbish because a good image really adds to the thread.

Beaver Cleavage - Along with his mother Mrs Cleavage, debuted in mid 1999 as a mother and son combo who supposedly enjoyed each other's company a little too well. Beaver was one of The Headbangers and dressed in short trousers with a lovely little bow tie and implied that he liked a bit of his mothers milk. He quickly denounced the gimmick in an interview and became Chaz alongside his girlfriend Mariana. He then disappeared and may or may not have reformed the Headbangers.

Bollocks, I'm a year too early with the thread title. Sorry team.

• Paid Members
Andrew Jackson - Tyson Kidd's bodyguard for all of about 2 weeks. He was a big fucker.

6p8PYuu.jpg

Fucking hell, congratulations on remembering the most forgotten person ever. I thought he was going places at the time, I guess there's only one Kevin Nash though.

Nice one Legit, Sakado's a great one, Shaniqua's good too, remember when she got implants and they worked it into a storyline where JBL clotheslined her chest and her jugs grew?

• Paid Members
Sakado and Akio

Akio was there for ages to be fair. He had that initial run with Tajiri and Sakado, then was a Velocity regular as a singles competitor for a while before being released. Then he was rehired and was there for about four years as Jimmy Wang Yang from 2006-10. I'd say he was a fondly remembered ham-and-egger from the decade.

Here's my nomination:

138194.jpg

Terkay!

• Paid Members

Robert Conway comes to mind. He was a massive disappointment, considering all the raving you heard about him from JR and over the internet. To be fair, he was one of the instances that changed my mind about setting store by smark ideas of wrestler quality.

The other La Res guys should probably come up. I liked them as a French tag team, but they pretty much fizzled out after a while, then became Quebecers with Conway, and were just boring from that point.

Also, whilst people still remember John Morrison and Melina, I see very few people ever referencing MNM these days. They weren't bad at all, but it seems Morrison overshadowed his work with Mercury by teaming with The Miz.

Archived