Infinite Promotions present 'A Split and A Fist'

• Paid Members
I was at the St Helens show. I enjoyed it. Infinite had to have been thrilled with the turnout. I was in the balcony (which they opened because the turnout was so good) and a rough estimate is that they had at least 250-300 there, which is absolutely amazing considering at the same time as this event, that a mile away there were 13,448 at the Saints rugby league game at Langtree Park stadium. Infinite filled nearly all of the seats that they had set out for the show.

Match of the night was Zack Gibson beating Mark Andrews - absolutely fantastic stuff.

Another good match was El Ligero & Bubblegum defeating Eddie Dennis & Dylan Roberts.

McConnell beating Fitzgerald was okay. It was an entertaining contest carried by the mic work of both guys. I'm pretty sure that was on Ciaran McConnell's bucket list to wrestle in his hometown of St Helens.

CJ Banks beating T-Bone was a decent main event. I respect both guys, both good talents in their own right.

I think it's time they move in a different direction now though. Banks has been Infinite champion for nearly 2 years now. I sensed that he's starting to get a little bit of go-away heat. The Banks-as-champion and screwjob-main-events is a killer combination at the moment though. That's 3 shows in a row.

Personally, if it were me, I'd put the belt on Zack Gibson (though as it is his own promotion, maybe he doesn't want to 'be that guy') or El Ligero, the two best wrestlers in the promotion, in my opinion.

There's a lot of great things about Infinite Promotions, and they outweigh any negatives. But I definitely think these could be the areas to improve, just an opinion.

Honest question has Banks really been champion that long ? I didn't think they had been running that long at all. Although I hear a lot of good things about them :)

There have been a total of 9 shows since Infinite started in May 2012 - that's 9 shows headlined by Banks, winning the title on the 1st show and headlining the other 8. It's both a long period of time for him as champion and a decent amount of shows, which is why I suggested it is time for him to drop the strap and be moved into a different position.

There were 4 shows held last year, but they are increasing the number of shows that they run this year.

We're still in February and there have already been 2 shows in 2014, with a 3rd show announced for April 5th.

Thanks for all the comments guys! We can promise you that we do listen and we love to hear your opinions and thoughts.

A quick few answers for you guys here and if you have anymore questions please fire away!

We were forced to have a smaller entrance way, simple lighting and no guard rails by limitations of the venue. We were only allowed access to the venue at half 4 on the day of the show, so just getting the ring up, merchandise set up, cameras, music system and microphones was hectic enough. The stage for Liverpool takes a lot more time to set up unfortunately, but rather than simple walking through a curtain or out of a door we still tried to offer something in way of an entrance. The venue didn't want any damage to the floor hence the lack of guard rails, we simply had to keep the front row at a safe distance instead.

T-Bone qualified as the top contender from the Infinite ranks after his victory at MerseyBeatDown II. In that match were Timm Wylie (who held singles victories over Rampage Brown & Dylan Roberts), Cyanide (who at the previous show defeated Michael Elgin in a marquee match) and Dylan Roberts (who was on a 3 match singles winning streak). T-Bone was the wild card in that 4 way of top contenders but by winning qualified as the number one contender for our St Helens debut. A guest challanger was an option we thought about and a very good suggestion, but the decision was made to use T-Bone based on his fantastic marketable look to make an impact on a previously untouched territory.

Kenneth Cameron will unfortunately not be featured on Infinite Promotions for the foreseeable future as he is still dealing with family problems.

Today marks the 639th day of CJ Banks' title run, our next installment in Liverpool (and his next defence) will be the 679th day. As we strive to do something slightly different to other promotions in the area, we totally understand the comments made about this. Without giving anything away, what I will say at the moment is please try to judge this story when it is over :)

Official attendance for 'A Split & A Fist' - 282

(Maximum capacity allowed by the venue was 300)

Official Results

The Babyface Pitbull def. Big Grizzly

Zack Gibson def. Mark Andrews

Hubba Bubba Lucha def. Roberts/ Dennis to advance to the Tag Title Tournament on April 5th

Rampage Brown def. Martin Kirby

Ciaran McConnell def. Michael 'Lovejoy' Fitzgerald w/ Pitbull as guest referee

'The Juice' CJ Banks def. T-Bone to retain the Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Title

I think it's good having Banks as champion for so long . Very solid worker and means when someone does beat him then it will be big !

Exactly, changing the champion without any buildup would be a total waste.

Banks works his nutz off at Infinite, i'd say more than anything he's earned a long reign, it wouldn't hurt me if he held it for a bit longer, but if he loses it I'd like it to be against someone he's had dealings with in the past, 3 names spring to mind: Zack Gibson, Bubblegum or Ligero.

If Ligs or Gum don't make it in the tag tournament, then the main singles title is a must for either of them in the not to distant future, I'd say the same for Gibson, it wouldn't feel like a vanity project in the bigger picture, the diffrence being winning the main event or the title on the first show. Zack has had some absolute belters (not just in Infinite, but nearly everywhere he's been) and the way things are panning out at the moment would make him the perfect champion.

I think it's good having Banks as champion for so long . Very solid worker and means when someone does beat him then it will be big !

Exactly, changing the champion without any buildup would be a total waste.

Just to clarify, I'm not attacking Banks as a performer, I think he's a really good wrestler. I just think it would be interesting to see him in a different role, and someone else headlining on top for a change.

Archived