Infinite Promotions present 'A Split and A Fist'

Infinite Promotions is a UK wrestling company created by UK wrestlers. Our mission is to provide quality live events for the public and UK

wrestling community, whilst simultaneously creating a workplace where UK wrestlers can earn the money that they deserve.

Infinite Promotions present 'A Split and A Fist'

1525000_616077555149466_1648545113_n.jpg

Friday 21st February 2014

Mark Andrews vs. Zack Gibson

1509165_616569531766935_1035548256_n.jpg

High flying International wrestling sensation Mark Andrews makes his Infinite Promotions debut as he takes on 'Liverpool's #01'! Will Gibson secure a victory in his first 'away' fixture for Infinite? Or will Mark Andrews cement his spot on the roster? Join us at St Helens Town Hall on the 21st Feb 2014 to find out!

Big Grizzly vs. Babyface Pitbull

1922505_636236483133573_130354376_n.jpg

This is literally a HUGE debut! As the 6 ft 7 Big Grizzly looks to make his mark on Infinite Promotions! Standing in his way is the man who defeated the entire council at MerseyBeatDown II, The Babyface Pitbull! In a real life David vs. Goliath encounter, who will walk away with the momentum? Join us on Friday 21st February at St Helens Town Hall to find out!

Rampage Brown vs. Martin Kirby

1896968_630835820340306_944883737_n.jpg

2 men with a point to prove collide! Rampage Brown has put Infinite Promotions on notice, he said that he will not be overlooked anymore and at MerseyBeatDown II he made a statement when he took out Zack Gibson with a tombstone piledriver. He did however lose that match by disqualification, Rampage needs a victory here to back up his threats! Having been elimated (along with his tag partner Kris Travis) from the Tag Team Title Tournament by the Models, Martin Kirby is back in Infinite Promotions this time in singles action. Kirby is in desperate need of a victory to regain some of the lost momentum. Who will come out on top after what is sure to be a wrestling clinic?

Tag Team Title Tournament Qualifier

Dylan Roberts & Eddie Dennis vs. Hubba Bubba Lucha

1488665_627340257356529_1891898299_n.jpg

Tag Team Tournament Qualifier! As announced on January 21st, following his 3 match winning streak Dylan Roberts was granted a spot for himself and a partner of his choosing in the tag team title qualifiers. Roberts has chosen his friend from the valleys, making his Infinite debut, The Pride of Wales - Eddie Dennis! After a controversial decision at MerseyBeatDown II which saw CJ Banks retain his title against El Ligero via DQ, The Mexican Sensation has been granted a new opportunity to potentially win some gold! Hubba Bubba Lucha's tag team victory over the Heavyweight champion and Manchester's Sam Bailey at 'A Hard Day's Fight: Round 2' has earnt them the final spot in the tag qualifiers. Who will progress to the April 5th tournament to join The Models, The Council and Blaze & Wild? Find out on the 21st February in St Helens!

Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Title

'The Juice' CJ Banks vs. T-Bone

1011104_627340230689865_2088584095_n.jpg

Main Event! CJ Banks faces another HUGE challenge! After defeating 3 other top contenders at 'MerseyBeatDown II' Tyson T-Bone was named the new number 1 contender. 'A Split & A Fist' will mark the 636th day of Juice's epic title run. Can Banks retain his title once again? Or will the tattooed warrior be the man to finally dethrone the champion? Find out on the 21st February in St Helens!

More matches TBA!

Live from:

St Helens Town Hall

Corporation Street

St Helens

WA10 1HP

Doors: 6.00pm | Bell: 7.00pm

The show is suitable for all ages. Merchandise, drinks and snacks will be available at the venue.

For tickets and ticket prices, further information on the show, Infinite Promotions, and more, please visit www.infinitepromotions.co.uk or consult our social media.

Facebook.com/InfinitePromotions

Twitter.com/Infinite_Promo

Youtube.com/InfinitePromotionsUK

*Card subject to change

Off the charts excited! :thumbsup:

Haven't seen a wrestling show in St Helens since I saw Davey Boy Smith (when he was between WCW & WWF gigs) at the Theatre Royal in February 1994 - 20 years ago!!!! :thumbsup:

It's long been an ambition of mine to promote at home. I went to a show at the Theatre Royal when I'd just started secondary school. Saw "Scotty 2 Hotty" vs. "Kurt Angle" in a Steel Cage match. Moonsault and everything. And there was "The Dudley Boy" and "Stone Cold" (Who looked a bit more like Tank Abbot). I bought a Hulk Hogan bandanna from the merch stall. Loved it. We've gone with the Town Hall because I've never liked the 'ring on the stage' thing

We hope St. Helens will become a great addition to our territory.

(Also, that show with the tribute acts^^^... is also why we do pictures in the ring in the interval. I had a polaroid with "Austin" and "Scotty" and they said they'd sign them all at the end. Austin never showed up. Took his ball and went home.)

Mark Andrews vs. Zack Gibson

1509165_616569531766935_1035548256_n.jpg

High flying International wrestling sensation Mark Andrews makes his Infinite Promotions debut as he takes on 'Liverpool's #01'! Will Gibson secure a victory in his first 'away' fixture for Infinite? Or will Mark Andrews cement his spot on the roster? Join us at St Helens Town Hall on the 21st Feb 2014 to find out!

• 3 weeks later...

Tag Team Title Tournament Qualifier

Dylan Roberts & Eddie Dennis vs. Hubba Bubba Lucha

1488665_627340257356529_1891898299_n.jpg

Tag Team Tournament Qualifier! As announced on January 21st, following his 3 match winning streak Dylan Roberts was granted a spot for himself and a partner of his choosing in the tag team title qualifiers. Roberts has chosen his friend from the valleys, making his Infinite debut, The Pride of Wales - Eddie Dennis! After a controversial decision at MerseyBeatDown II which saw CJ Banks retain his title against El Ligero via DQ, The Mexican Sensation has been granted a new opportunity to potentially win some gold! Hubba Bubba Lucha's tag team victory over the Heavyweight champion and Manchester's Sam Bailey at 'A Hard Day's Fight: Round 2' has earnt them the final spot in the tag qualifiers. Who will progress to the April 5th tournament to join The Models, The Council and Blaze & Wild? Find out on the 21st February in St Helens!

Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Title

'The Juice' CJ Banks vs. T-Bone

1011104_627340230689865_2088584095_n.jpg

Main Event! CJ Banks faces another HUGE challenge! After defeating 3 other top contenders at 'MerseyBeatDown II' Tyson T-Bone was named the new number 1 contender. 'A Split & A Fist' will mark the 636th day of Juice's epic title run. Can Banks retain his title once again? Or will the tattooed warrior be the man to finally dethrone the champion? Find out on the 21st February in St Helens!

• 2 weeks later...

Big Grizzly vs. Babyface Pitbull

1922505_636236483133573_130354376_n.jpg

This is literally a HUGE debut! As the 6 ft 7 Big Grizzly looks to make his mark on Infinite Promotions! Standing in his way is the man who defeated the entire council at MerseyBeatDown II, The Babyface Pitbull! In a real life David vs. Goliath encounter, who will walk away with the momentum? Join us on Friday 21st February at St Helens Town Hall to find out!

Rampage Brown vs. Martin Kirby

1896968_630835820340306_944883737_n.jpg

2 men with a point to prove collide! Rampage Brown has put Infinite Promotions on notice, he said that he will not be overlooked anymore and at MerseyBeatDown II he made a statement when he took out Zack Gibson with a tombstone piledriver. He did however lose that match by disqualification, Rampage needs a victory here to back up his threats! Having been elimated (along with his tag partner Kris Travis) from the Tag Team Title Tournament by the Models, Martin Kirby is back in Infinite Promotions this time in singles action. Kirby is in desperate need of a victory to regain some of the lost momentum. Who will come out on top after what is sure to be a wrestling clinic?

Great turn out for this show

First half was decent

Second half got off to a slow start but then we had to suffer The Council vs C Oconnell

Come on Infinite you guys can do better than this .

Your Liverpool shows grow from strength to strength,but what happened last night?

Any other forum items make it to St Helens ?

Indeed there was a good turnout for this show. I love the shows Infinite Promotions put on at Liverpool, but this show felt like a B-show compared to Liverpool's A-shows, a simple entranceway, simple lighting, and understandably a smaller crowd, but not every venue is like Grand Central Hall.

Match 1: Babyface Pitbull def. Big Grizzly. A decent opener, classic big guy vs. little guy scenario, after trying to suplex Grizzly for most of the match, Pitbull eventually nails Grizzly with a german suplex and submits him with the Canine Clutch. This match could have gone on a bit longer, and it felt like a step down from Pitbull's earlier encounter with Cyanide, but still very decent. Grizzly should get another chance.

Match 2: Zack Gibson def. Mark Andrews. Fun filled match, with plenty of tech and high flying. Mandrews hits a shooting star press, met by Zack's knees up, Gibson hits Mandrews with the LiverDriver and a football kick for the win. Mandrews was great here, and same old cracking performance from Liverpool's #1.

Match 3: El Ligero & Bubblegum (Hubba Bubba Lucha) def. Dylan Roberts & Eddie Dennis. Match of the night for me. Dylan & Dennis did a good job of isolating Bubblegum from Ligero, Ligero & Gum did a great job of entertaining the crowd and their high risk moves. Ligs & Gum get the win with a body splash/leg drop double team on Dylan, as a result Hubba Bubba Lucha advance to the semi finals of the Infinite Promtions Tag team Championship tourmament. After this match, I though there was a clear winner of the tournament, but now things got interesting, and I think Dylan and Dennis should team up more often, this pair could work.

after the interval was Match 4: Rampage Brown def. Martin Kirby. Hard hitting match, good showing from both men, Rampage gets the win via tombstone. After the match Brown attempts to pick apart Kirby further, Zack Gibson makes the save and after a brawl Gibson challenges Brown to a match at Infinite Promotions Glory Days on April 5th.

Match 5: Ciaran McConnell def. Mike Lovejoy with Babyface Pitbull as Special guest Referee. this was the weak link of the show, Understandably this is Ciaran's hometown and there was a need to advance the Council storyline, but this just didn't work, I didn't see the ending, but the Council were interfereing during the match, I reckon Pitbull had enough and got involved in the end.

Main Event: CJ Banks def. T-Bone. Banks has been phenonemal ever since Infinite Promotions began, the match was good beginning to near end, but this to me was Banks's least favorable title defence, T-Bone to me hasn't done enough to warrant a title match, not taking away from the fact he did a good job in this match, but it all went downhill when the Ref was accidentally taken out, and T-Bone's Girlfriend got involved, Dylan Roberts later came out and grabbed hold of her, distracting T-Bone and the Ref long enough for Banks to hit Bone with a low blow and a roll up for the win.

this could have been fixed by giving Banks a guest challenger, I was hoping for Kenneth Cameron, who couldn't make the last show due to an emergency, T-Bone should have had a different match and won it to fortify his claims for a future Championship match. as for the ending of the Main event, it felt like a BWP style ending, i've seen plenty of those and it felt very mediocre, one thing I like about Infinite is that it's very different from other North West promotions, but overall it was good evening, I enjoyed it in parts and some things didn't go right, but in that respect, Infinite's first show wasn't perfect either. I'm a strong believer in Infinite's product and i'm sure that things will improve the next time they come to St. Helens.

As for Infinite's next show on April 5th, i'm expect another cracking performance, very much like thier last shows.

I was at the St Helens show. I enjoyed it. Infinite had to have been thrilled with the turnout. I was in the balcony (which they opened because the turnout was so good) and a rough estimate is that they had at least 250-300 there, which is absolutely amazing considering at the same time as this event, that a mile away there were 13,448 at the Saints rugby league game at Langtree Park stadium. Infinite filled nearly all of the seats that they had set out for the show.

Match of the night was Zack Gibson beating Mark Andrews - absolutely fantastic stuff.

Another good match was El Ligero & Bubblegum defeating Eddie Dennis & Dylan Roberts.

McConnell beating Fitzgerald was okay. It was an entertaining contest carried by the mic work of both guys. I'm pretty sure that was on Ciaran McConnell's bucket list to wrestle in his hometown of St Helens.

CJ Banks beating T-Bone was a decent main event. I respect both guys, both good talents in their own right.

I think it's time they move in a different direction now though. Banks has been Infinite champion for nearly 2 years now. I sensed that he's starting to get a little bit of go-away heat. The Banks-as-champion and screwjob-main-events is a killer combination at the moment though. That's 3 shows in a row.

Personally, if it were me, I'd put the belt on Zack Gibson (though as it is his own promotion, maybe he doesn't want to 'be that guy') or El Ligero, the two best wrestlers in the promotion, in my opinion.

There's a lot of great things about Infinite Promotions, and they outweigh any negatives. But I definitely think these could be the areas to improve, just an opinion.

Archived