The Health and Fitness Thread

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Pretend you're a grown up and drink water. You won't like it. Nobody likes it. Like work, paying tax, living with someone else and kids half the time!

I usually drink water at work.  I don't mind it. Unless it's sparkling water. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was me on 15th March. Ashamed to admit - 24st 2lbs. This is now. 17st 2lbs. Still a long way to go but I'm up for the challenge!

Me again. Had an eye on today as it's 1 year since my first weigh in at MvF. This is the result. 108lbs. A bit proud of myself, mostly embarrassed at what a fat cunt I was. Still, onwards and not outw

After years of hearing like a Roman emperor I had the sudden realization that I was the fattest person in most rooms. At only 5'7 I weighed nearly 20 stone. I was virtually a perfect sphere. Earl

Posted Images

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Morrisons does 

Sadly ours stopped stocking it after the mass shortage last year. Amazon Pantry had bottles listed for £50 each back then, I kid you not.

Edited by scratchdj
  • Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Sadly ours stopped stocking it after the mass shortage last year. Amazon Pantry had bottles listed for £50 each back then, I kid you not.

Ah the great Rose's shortage of 2019. Dark times. 

Tesco deliver it to me just fine now. 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Ah the great Rose's shortage of 2019. Dark times. 

Tesco deliver it to me just fine now. 

I love you man, but right now, not so much. I can get 6 bottles on eBay for £24 + £7.99 postage 😮

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I love you man, but right now, not so much. I can get 6 bottles on eBay for £24 + £7.99 postage 😮

Where are you, Nairobi? From my Tesco app, right now:

939088464_Screenshot_20200122-132043_TescoGroceries.thumb.jpg.83b433a61324a6c9290a872342ade524.jpg

• Paid Members

@Onyx2 Our nearest Tesco is  about an hour away so probably won’t deliver. But, now I think about it, they may do to my office. I’m a bit backward when it comes to getting groceries delivered, I like to squeeze my own plums as it were.

Edited by scratchdj
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After years of hearing like a Roman emperor I had the sudden realization that I was the fattest person in most rooms. At only 5'7 I weighed nearly 20 stone. I was virtually a perfect sphere.

Early January I started watching calorie intake. Nothing stupid, just making better choices that I could sustain. I have lost a full stone as of today and am over the moon. I know some weeks I may not lose anything, or even slide backwards a little. But I'm determined to keep at it.

Anyone had plantar fasciitis in their heel before? Finding it hard to walk at the moment. My diet will be biscuits and strong painkillers for a while. I am not good at resting I love to be active, this won't be fun

Yup done too much walking

My wife was plagued by this for years. She tried steroid injections, acupuncture, strapping, boots for bed.

Nothing worked. It seemingly cleared up one day, I know you love to walk buy you really need to let this rest, it will usually clear up in a few weeks if allowed time to heal. 

Worst case is you completely fuck it up by not resting and you need the plantar snipped off the joint leaving you flat footed. 

On 2/1/2020 at 8:10 AM, Joe Blog said:

My wife was plagued by this for years. She tried steroid injections, acupuncture, strapping, boots for bed.

Nothing worked. It seemingly cleared up one day, I know you love to walk buy you really need to let this rest, it will usually clear up in a few weeks if allowed time to heal. 

Worst case is you completely fuck it up by not resting and you need the plantar snipped off the joint leaving you flat footed. 

Was there anything at all she found of benefit? Only thing that seems to help is painkillers for me. 

This is the most discomfort and psin that I have been in for a long time. It feels like I'm being stabbed in my heel and it's a strange shoring, throbbing pain I feel like I need some crutches as I am hopping about more than a bunny rabbit on speed 

I like to be active so this is very frustrating

The steroid injections worked the best but only short term, that involved being in a cast for a few weeks though. She has had it for years, really extreme case. That said it has been better for the last year or so. I would rest up for a few weeks and then see. A friend of mine had it and bought the sleep boot which seemingly cleared it up in a few weeks so it really does depend on the individual. 

All the walking won't be helping though mate. You essentially need to give it time to right itself or you could be in for years of frustration. Hope it clears up fast for you mate. In the mean time get a bike and do 200 miles day.