Brit Wrestling are we on the up

knightmare

i see all the shite British wrestling gets by media, forums, insiders and i reflect that 2013 has been a great success for us Brits, Nick Aldis, TNA Champ, my own daughter, Paige, first NXT Womans champion, Joel and Pac, NXT Tag champs, my own wife holding major titles in four continents, British companies drawing large crowds, my own WAW Have our best year ever last show at Epic 850 sell out turning 100s away Alex Shane getting wrestling back on tv. i put the world on notice we are fighting back, watch us go in 2014.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a good year for Brit Wrestling. Certainly the US scene is awesome with Paige and Nick Aldis doing so well, and what has been really nice is a little more unity between promoters in the UK. There's not so much 'territory mentality' anymore. If this keeps up then 2014 should be a great year. I hope though that people ignore the TV issue as this tends to be where we go wrong - it won't be back on mainstream TV, we can't compete with the US so lets concentrate on having great live shows and if we really must want some sort of TV exposure then look at the internet - it's cheap, easy and works.

This looks like something which should have been a Facebook status update.

Good post bro.

It's been a fantastic year for British Wrestling. On top of what Ricky said there are a number of top promotions doing the rounds at the moment. ASW, LDN and Welsh Wrestling (largest touring promotions) are still doing great. Insane Championship Wrestling, Preston City Wrestling, Revolution Pro Wrestling have been drawing constantly top, big crowds and been bringing over top talent from across the world. Wrestling finally returned to York Hall and more than 100 people turned up. Keep hearing and seeing great things from Southside Wrestling Entertainment, PROGRESS, 4 Front Wrestling and Attack! Pro Wrestling to name a few. Dragon Gate had yet another successful tour earlier in the year. Michinoku Pro brought over many of their stars over the year.

The likes of Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Bret Hart, Diamond Dallas Page, The Steiner Brothers, Vader, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Sabu, Jim Ross, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Hardcore Holly, D'Lo Brown, Chris Masters, Goldust, Tommy Dreamer, Ted DiBiasi, Super Crazy, Paul London and Brian Kendrick to name a few have all been over here.

The only shite I can think of is the whole nWo tour shambles. Shame on them.

Stuff like

emphasises some of the stuff going on in this country at the moment. Over a 1000 people going nuts for a Scottish Wrestler.

it is, just thought i would throw it out to you guys, see what your thoughts are, i have not felt this good about the Brit scene for years, maybe its just on a personal level, thats why i am asking.

It's been a great year for wrestling in this country.

Right now, I'd say the scene here is better than what the US indy's are currently offering.

I'm hoping to go to more shows in 2014 than I did this year, or any other year for that matter.

Right now, every weekend, there's lots of promotions putting on amazing shows up and down the country.

There's great shows in every capital on the mainland and in all corners of the island with some incredible talent.

Things are definitely looking positive for the scene here. Just hope it slowly grows and doesn't burst.

• Paid Members
i see all the shite British wrestling gets by media, forums, insiders and i reflect that 2013 has been a great success for us Brits, Nick Aldis, TNA Champ, my own daughter, Paige, first NXT Womans champion, Joel and Pac, NXT Tag champs, my own wife holding major titles in four continents, British companies drawing large crowds, my own WAW Have our best year ever last show at Epic 850 sell out turning 100s away Alex Shane getting wrestling back on tv. i put the world on notice we are fighting back, watch us go in 2014.

Jesus wept, TNA is hitting the skids as of late than. First Sabin, now that arse hole

• Paid Members

Or something that should be on a Wrestling based discussion board.

Oh, sorry, it is. Tit.

Anyway, back to the topic in question. I feel I have seen more brit-wrestling this year than I have done in ages. Preston City Wrestling have hit the news a few times oop north, and all the Grado viral youtube nonsense has had people I work with asking "Have you heared of this guy", which has introduced them to the UK scene. I feel it will never rise to the glory days, but heres hoping that the popularity grows to that point where wrestlers become household names again.

Yup am all for Brit wres being on the up, this year, promotions Ive been to this year seem to have exploded in terms of people through doors. The quality of UK wrestlers, which, is now really top draw in terms of the rest of the world, is helping as well as some great companies who put on cracking shows

I wont say it's a rebirth or owt like that, however there is definitely something about it at present and a hell of a lot more people seem to be interested in it than before

I think British Wrestling is now reaping the rewards of all the skinny guys that where around 10 years ago who have stuck it out and took it seriously. There's now a good core group of 20/30 wrestlers who appear for most promotions across Britain. Promotions are using these quality guys and backing it up with their own guys that are good enough instead of every promotion just throwing on their own trainees.

There seems to be an increased level of professionalism in general. There is still some crap out there but that will never change but at least they are decreasing and getting called out on it.

As some already said there is a lot less of the squabbling between promotions and more working together for the greater good. Definitely on the way up and hopefully it can last. I first got in to British wrestling around 13 year ago and first tried training about 18 months after that there has been huge changes. There is a lot more professionalism and less small mindedness.

Don't worry, the wrestling/con man/peado is back to fuck it all up. He is already working in at least 2 promotions and got his own promotion on the go that will no doubt be leaving a trail of debt and busted sphincters of young boys behind him. Worst thing is that old wrestlers still treat him as a friend and condone his actions, some well respected names work for him knowing full well that he is a convicted peado and on the sex offenders register. But that is wrestling for you, all tits and teeth to your face and axes and shot guns behind your back.

Archived