hobbies

children of bodom

Ok so what hobbies do you guys have.

I love engraving onto glass. Check out my Facebook page Here

Does anyone else hide their hobbie? I went a whole two years without telling my work friends. I just didn't think anyone would like the pieces I did. Turned out most of them loved it. There was some who though as a teaching assistant I shouldn't be into morbid stuff. I was quick to tell them that it was something I enjoyed doing after work and not one pupil knew about it. In a way I m glad I'm not working in a school. Just writing a review for a metal band album I brought got me in the heads office.

QTR, funny you should post that as a 'hobby' of mine is detailing cars and yours there is a perfect example, kippered looking faded paintwork (pink corsa's are a favourite) that look like shit but can be made to look a million dollars with some decent compound and a rotary.

I've now got a garage full of products, snowfoaming, a decent claying and waxes can really make a difference to a car and it's so satisfying, more of a summer hobby though, for me at least

• Paid Members
QTR, funny you should post that as a 'hobby' of mine is detailing cars and yours there is a perfect example, kippered looking faded paintwork (pink corsa's are a favourite) that look like shit but can be made to look a million dollars with some decent compound and a rotary.

I've now got a garage full of products, snowfoaming, a decent claying and waxes can really make a difference to a car and it's so satisfying, more of a summer hobby though, for me at least

Aways wondered about snow foam is it any good? Yeah working on cars in bad weather isnt to much fun, but gives you an excuse to take the inside out, wash/spray it

Not anywhere near the skill of COB that is amazing work mate. How did you get into it? And do you do requests?

thanks.

I got into it about 5 years ago. I became depressed. about from watching wrestling and horror movies, I didn't have a hobby. One doctor I saw told me to see if I could find one. As I was into art I looked around the house to see what I Could do.

I don't like drawing or painting. in the garage I found a rota tool for engraving names on the back of objects, my dad had loads of spare plastic a4 size so I grabbed a piece and did a quick batman engraving. dad said it would look better on glass and that was it. Every Saturday I

spend 5-6 hours on a piece. I started simple and then went bigger, either done a few mirrors, pint glasses, wine glasses, plack

I do requests. i have to look at the picture and see if i can do it. I normally say pay me

• Paid Members
Not anywhere near the skill of COB that is amazing work mate. How did you get into it? And do you do requests?

thanks.

I got into it about 5 years ago. I became depressed. about from watching wrestling and horror movies, I didn't have a hobby. One doctor I saw told me to see if I could find one. As I was into art I looked around the house to see what I Could do.

I don't like drawing or painting. in the garage I found a rota tool for engraving names on the back of objects, my dad had loads of spare plastic a4 size so I grabbed a piece and did a quick batman engraving. dad said it would look better on glass and that was it. Every Saturday I

spend 5-6 hours on a piece. I started simple and then went bigger, either done a few mirrors, pint glasses, wine glasses, plack

I do requests. i have to look at the picture and see if i can do it. I normally say pay me

Aways wondered about snow foam is it any good? Yeah working on cars in bad weather isnt to much fun, but gives you an excuse to take the inside out, wash/spray it

Depends on the severity of the filth on the car really, i find you'll get more of a result using it as a summer weekly wash on a cleanish car, it won't shift really stubbon dirt but if it's left to dwell for 5/10 minutes its decent and an easy process, i got a bog standard Karcher one that attaches to the karcher replacing the lance, again all depends on the foam you use also, i find with detailing products that the more expensive foams/waxes etc really do make the difference as opposed to being the same product with a fancy branding

Road cycling. started last January, met a bunch of really nice people off another forum. went to a lot of places across Scotland that I wold never have cycled myself. did 2000 miles last year, and getting a new bike next week. helped me massively mentally, still chubby as used it as an excuse for a jaffa cake addiction :)

• Paid Members

I love chocolate, I love orange and I love cakey type biscuit, but Jaffa Cakes make me feel like puking. One of those things that I wished I like, like bananas, but leave me cold.

Doesn't help that I live in smelling distance from McVities, and if the wind is blowing the right direction, get the most wonderful odours coming through my windows.

Anyhoo, hobbies. Main one is Boardgaming, love games but am quite crap at them. Bought Firepoint just before Christmas, amazing game.

Archived