Ever left a football match early?

5pints

I'm guessing the OP has never had to get the train out of Old Trafford back to Picadilly station. It's a complete scrum and if you're not able to get one then you're fucked and its been this way since forever. So well done for being completely judgemental of other people without thinking about why they might leave early.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I will admit that I left early this season when Millwall lost 5-1 at home to Derby. After the fourth goal went in I thought 'sod this' and off I went. A few others did the same. Generally speaking though, I tend to stay until the final whistle.

• Paid Members
I will admit that I left early this season when Millwall lost 5-1 at home to Derby. After the fourth goal went in I thought 'sod this' and off I went. A few others did the same. Generally speaking though, I tend to stay until the final whistle.

How dare you only stay until the final whistle, a real fan would form a primitive society in the club shop and wait to watch the grounds man work the pitch the next day, and to hell with everything else.

• Paid Members

Not seen a lot of live sport, but would gladly bunk off early if there were reasons to do so. Saw my first NFL game back in October and was hoping it'd be a bumming so i could slope off early and miss the crowds.

I did once nip off for a burger 5 minutes early during a POSH Vs Spurs pre-season friendly. Been a fairly uneventful 40 minutes, but whilst i stood in the queue i heard "ooh, ooooh, OOOOHH, OOOOHHHHH!!!! ROAARRR!!"

Turned out Ginola had just skinned four players and smashed one in off the bar from 30 yards out. Cunt.

I left a Preston North End game at about 90:00 one time. They were getting beaten 2-0 and the train station was a fair trek away. If I sat through the added time there was an outside chance that the movement of people after the game could have slowed me to the point of having to wait until the next train. I ended up getting to the station in plenty of time and a quick look at the screen showing Sky Sports News in the station bar showed that it had ended 2 fucking 2. That was about 6 years ago. I've never done it before or since.

I even stayed at a Sunday league game until the end last week when the side I was supporting were being beaten and it was pissing it down raining, dead windy and all the other people had given up watching. Where

I'm guessing the OP has never had to get the train out of Old Trafford back to Picadilly station. It's a complete scrum and if you're not able to get one then you're fucked and its been this way since forever. So well done for being completely judgemental of other people without thinking about why they might leave early.

That is correct. However, I have spent seven years in a row queuing up outside Wembley Park tube station after watching the NFL at Wembley.

• Paid Members

That is correct. However, I have spent seven years in a row queuing up outside Wembley Park tube station after watching the NFL at Wembley.

Good for you. But now hopefully you have enough anecdotal evidence to keep your narrow-minded crap to yourself about why people leave sporting fixtures early.

• Paid Members

Cant miss that connecting train to Euston!

• Moderators

Why are you being such a labia about this? Or is this whole thing so you can be one of those "I'm a bigger fan than you" bores that no-one likes as the bore talks at them in pubs sounding like Talksports greatest hits?

My uncle used to take me to games back when I was a kid and he would insist on us leaving ten minutes before the game finished so we could "beat the rush" to the train station. :(

Since I started going on my own I have only left early once and that was when we were hammered 6-0 by Rotherham back in 2002, once the 6th goal went in I got up and left, there were lots of rumours that the players lost the game as a middle finger to the club who had promised them bonuses and large contract increases from the previous season and then went back on their word.

Why are you being such a labia about this? Or is this whole thing so you can be one of those "I'm a bigger fan than you" bores that no-one likes as the bore talks at them in pubs sounding like Talksports greatest hits?

You got to admit 14 minutes is extreme. I don't really care for the I'm a bigger fan than you debate, however, walking out after 14 minutes is something the club can definitely do without.

I'm sure there are plenty of supporters / parents with children who would have loved to have gone to the game only to be told there are no tickets, then see empty seats for 76 minutes on MOTD.

Archived