Guess who's back?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valid point actually although Trips is way over that stage of his career in terms of getting wins back etc if they are doing the "company on the line" thing then both Batista and Cena have not actually lost to Triple H have they. I'm certain on big Dave but Cena I can only think of possibly the 4 way at Backlash 2008 and even then it was Orton to pin Cena. So they could make either of those two (or both in a tag) Vince's choice as Trips has never beaten them.

In regards to Big Dave I would expect a reduced/ no house show deal but one that includes more dates than Lesnar which in my opinion is good as he is far more valuable as a regular to semi-regular than on a big show only basis like Lesnar is. Hopefully as he will likely be face when he comes back he can use some of the elements of his final heel run with possibly a few new tricks he has picked up in acting to create an interesting face character as at times his face character was lacking something especially post 2008 where past the Michaels feud he didn't really do anything to interest me till he turned

Valid point actually although Trips is way over that stage of his career in terms of getting wins back etc if they are doing the "company on the line" thing then both Batista and Cena have not actually lost to Triple H have they. I'm certain on big Dave but Cena I can only think of possibly the 4 way at Backlash 2008 and even then it was Orton to pin Cena. So they could make either of those two (or both in a tag) Vince's choice as Trips has never beaten them.

In regards to Big Dave I would expect a reduced/ no house show deal but one that includes more dates than Lesnar which in my opinion is good as he is far more valuable as a regular to semi-regular than on a big show only basis like Lesnar is. Hopefully as he will likely be face when he comes back he can use some of the elements of his final heel run with possibly a few new tricks he has picked up in acting to create an interesting face character as at times his face character was lacking something especially post 2008 where past the Michaels feud he didn't really do anything to interest me till he turned

Triple H pinned Cena clean at Night of Champions 2008 for the WWE Championship.

• Paid Members

He's well into his 40s now and he's never going to be the next Arnie. And more than likely, the roles he's after will always be there for him. One of the reasons he left was because he got passed up for some WWE movie they were doing, so maybe they can sort him out with something now he's done some decent sized roles in movies. And its not like he's on a path to find artistic credibility. He likes to do what he wants to do, and wrestling needs him at the minute and he's probably got the bug again. He's never wanted to separate himself from wrestling. He's always said he'd come back. And he simply wont be able to make several million dollars over 18 months like he would in WWE. He's still got great value now, and its going to be his last run. So why not? I love his attitude. He's a true free spirit in wrestling. Just goes about sticking it in women and leaving because he wants to pretend he's an MMA fighter for a few months. He seems a great bloke.

• Paid Members

There's no way to say this without sounding like a "push the young guys!" dickhead, but outside of the initial Rumble entry and pop, Batista doing a semi fulltime schedule with a high profile Mania match doesn't interest me at all.

I know it's not exactly one or the other, but that Mania lineup is getting awfully crowded and I'd much rather see the time spent with Reigns or Langston in whatever spot he gets.

• Paid Members
All the jobbers like Paul London have always said what a great guy Batista is too. Batista also made Daniel Bryan look competitive in a match against him even though the office told him to just have a squash match.

When was this? I didn't know this match happened, thought Bryan debuted after Batista upped and went?

It was real early on in Bryans run during NXT I think. Batista dropped the title to Cena at WM26 when NXT was starting up and was gone around June/July of that year, so it must have been in Bryan's first 4 months before being sacked for strangling Justin Robrts.

In fact, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3hyWF6Y0tw, May 3rd 2010

Bryan was still an NXT rookie at that point though. I think he 'won' the chance to have a match on Raw. It was his NXT gimmick that he couldn't win a match. I think he was something like 0-10 when he eliminated himself, even though he stayed high up on the pro's poll which was supposed to be what determined who was eliminated and who stayed. That whole Season 1 of NXT was either great booking, or a train wreck. I'm not sure which.

Archived