help with uni work

children of bodom

I've been doing a course with the open university. ICT and Computing.

I didn't pass my 1st year but I had enough marks to resit my EMA.

I just got results back saying I failed. I kind of knew I might. but what is strange is on my first try I got 55-69% which a value C. on the resit I though it would be best to go back to the questions I was getting very high marks on and there was one question I didn't allow myself time to do.

so I left question 2 allow and sent in the resit (with the same question 2 form the first try) they put it down from a value C to F?

I didn't touch question 2 I just left in on the word document and changed the other question to get a high mark. how can they low a questions score when I didn't change the question?

I sent them an email with both EMA'S and Final scores for prove

If i'm reading what you're asking correctly the answer is simple. Your resit would have been marked by a different tutor. As all marking is subjective and open to a tutors interpretation of the marking scheme and how well they feel your answer ticks the right boxes, the odds of getting the same mark from 2 tutors is minimal.

Which course was it you were doing? I've been an OU student for the past 3 years splitting my time between IT and Business.

I've been doing a course with the open university. ICT and Computing.

I didn't pass my 1st year but I had enough marks to resit my EMA.

I just got results back saying I failed. I kind of knew I might. but what is strange is on my first try I got 55-69% which a value C. on the resit I though it would be best to go back to the questions I was getting very high marks on and there was one question I didn't allow myself time to do.

so I left question 2 allow and sent in the resit (with the same question 2 form the first try) they put it down from a value C to F?

I didn't touch question 2 I just left in on the word document and changed the other question to get a high mark. how can they low a questions score when I didn't change the question?

I sent them an email with both EMA'S and Final scores for prove

If you are leaving a question, are you actually fulfilling the assignment? Surely that will result in marks being dropped, if you were only doing part of it?

Archived