IPW:UK - HERO vs. SABRE JR, January 19th 2014

Daniel Edler

1507672_631340810237045_1765315678_n.jpg

**CHRIS HERO makes his IPW:UK return this January 19th as we DEBUT in Tonbridge, Kent at the Angel Centre!!**

TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW RIGHT HERE: http://www.ipwuk.com/events/2014/01/19/hero-vs-sabre-jr

-----------

:: Card of matches - main-show (5.30pm):

International Singles Main Event #1 - ELBOW vs. ARMBAR

- The returning American star Chris Hero vs. possibly the UK's finest wrestler Zack Sabre Jr!

International Singles Main Event #2 - HEAVYWEIGHT WAR

- The UK debut of Big Japan star Daisuke Sekimoto vs. the UK's baddest heavyweight Dave Mastiff!

IPW:UK Tag Team Bat Fight; Titles vs. Contracts!

- The Bhangra Knights

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1474395_621835687854224_103374181_n.png

I'll admit it, eventhough I thought it'd happen, how could a promotion possibly pass this opportunity up??, I still had my doubts until I saw the match graphic. And when I did I fist pumped with tremendous joy. Never have I been so amped for a match.

A true international dream match in my eyes. One in which I first started pimping three and a half years ago!

I went to the IPW CZW show and wasn't overly impressed by how they used the CZW guys, but this show looks amazing. It's gutting that I've already arranged to go to Germany with some friends to do the WXW and BJW shows and wont be back in time for this. :(

But I'd love to have seen Sekimoto vs Mastiff and Zack vs Hero, 2 of the best possible matches you could do.

I went to the IPW CZW show and wasn't overly impressed by how they used the CZW guys, but this show looks amazing.

But I'd love to have seen Sekimoto vs Mastiff and Zack vs Hero, 2 of the best possible matches you could do.

That is pretty much exactly how me and my mate feel, the 9 year anniversary show was really disappointing given the talent on the show, most of them never left second gear, it was strange. Clearly a family entertainment style show/product but with an internet style line up. After that I just assumed the current incarnation of IPW:UK was not for me, each to their own and all that. But with this line up I think I am going to have to pop along, mainly in part due to Sekimoto, this guy is a beast, a truly amazing talent and its been far too long since I have seen him wrestle live (2012!). Fingers crossed this show turns out different to the last one.

Also just noticed the pre show for this, is that only open to VIP tickets?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Tickets to the pre-show and meet/greet are now on sale (http://www.ipwuk.com/events/2014/01/19/hero-vs-sabre-jr). They were included with the price of the VIP ticket, but that has long ago sold out. This is the only way to be guaranteed a meet with Hero and Sekimoto.

The card as it stands now is:

:: Card of matches - main-show (5.30pm):

International Singles Main Event #1 - ELBOW vs. ARMBAR

- The returning American star Chris Hero vs. possibly the UK's finest wrestler Zack Sabre Jr!

International Singles Main Event #2 - HEAVYWEIGHT CLASH

- The UK debut of Big Japan star Daisuke Sekimoto vs. the UK's baddest heavyweight Dave Mastiff!

IPW:UK Tag Team Bat Fight - TITLES vs. CONTRACTS

- The Bhangra Knights © [2 defences] vs. The London Riots

IPW:UK All-England Title Triple Threat Match

- 'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm © [1 defence] vs. 'Party' Marty Scurll vs. 'The Star Attraction' Mark Haskins

British National Championship Round 2 Match

- Kris Travis vs. Rampage Brown

PLUS - the first ever edition of "The Earl's Court", hosted by 'Earl' Jonathan Windsor!

AND - an appearance from new IPW:UK World Champion Paul Robinson!

-----------

:: Card of matches - pre-show (4.00pm):

British National Championship Round 2 Match

- Martin Kirby vs. 'Dazzlin' Darrell Allen

Singles Match

- James Davis vs. Lance Lawrence

PLUS - a meet & greet with Chris Hero & Daisuke Sekimoto!

Tickets are on sale here: http://www.ipwuk.com/events/2014/01/19/hero-vs-sabre-jr

Archived