WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV

Doog

What about the promotion? If you do a unification match with a three week half arse build that is crazy.

The build was short but it wasn't half-arsed. It definitely had the best build-up for any match since at least SummerSlam.

You're either throwing buys away or admitting you don't believe you can arrest your PPV business decline with decent promotion or more to the point you don't care enough to plan.

Yeah, you're right, they should have gone with Cena-Del Rio and Orton-Big Show rematches as the main events last night.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very much a filler led PPV but I enjoyed it none the less. The Tag Title match was the star of the show, brilliant match considering 2 of the teams were pretty much put together. The handicap matches went as expected, some may moan about the fact Punk won his but it sells more dissension within the Shield. The Bryan/Wyatts one was the better of the two for the story telling involved, that spider walk spot from Bray was creepy as fuck.

Glad they went with a clean finish for the unification match and that Orton went over. Seems likely the WWE title will be the belt that gets kept as the WWE World Heavyweight title which is a shame as I love the Big Gold belt but it's probably the best move as the WWE title was only introduced less than a year ago

• Paid Members

Whole thing left me a bit cold overall, but that might just have been the weird finish of the main event. The handicap matches were the undoubted highlight, particularly the absolutely perfect way they're getting Reigns' spear over as a killer finisher while always keeping some interesting story around it. A great-looking, charismatic guy with tons of presence and a super-over finisher is pretty much as good as it gets for an up-and-comer. Ambrose should be a great foil when the split finally comes too.

Wyatt was at his most entertaining last night, too. We need the whole family teaming up more often, because Harper and Rowan only really work in context with Bray himself. The change in mood when he tagged in (heck, even when he just got out of his chair) was palpable, and reminded me of everything I liked about this gimmick in the first place.

Tag title match was serviceable for the most part and excellent towards the end. Big E needs work but he's got the straps-down pop timed perfectly. Main event was, for better or worse, John Cena vs Randy Orton, with all that entails. Can't remember much else because I had some interesting crisps to eat.

• Moderators

WWE suffers from Dusty Finish Syndrome at this point. They've done so many fucky main event finishes, that whenever we get a clean one, it's a deflating anti-climax. Once Orton won, I was thinking "Okay, now for the actual finish to the PPV..." and waiting for something to happen, but it didn't.

Was anyone else annoyed at the height of the belts? To me they felt too low down, so when they would do a "climb up and wait for other guy to climb up/throw you off" spot it looked sloppy because they would be right at the belts having to wait a long time.

It was an ok PPV, I totally called the punk v shield finish, was the eye injury legit? The other handicap match was well done albeit slow at first but it sold the story well. The tag team match was enjoyable when it got down to 2. Shame about the botch ending in the main event

• Paid Members
Decent ppv, spoiled by one glaring fuck-up. No, no the slightly botched table spot at the end....the sign writer wrote NEW WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGH CHAMPION. Missed out the T in heavyweight. For such a monumental occasion, that's a big fuck-up in my opinion!

WWE seem to be suffering from typos all over lately. They managed to misspell

• Paid Members

Relative to recent standards, it was a good show. At the very least they can now focus on building to the proper PPVs.

Nothing worth watching twice, mind, but solid enough. The ending of the TLC was pretty good and I thought Cena banging his head on the bottom of the table wasn't too bad. You wonder what they do with Orton at the Rumble. I hope we're not getting another Bryan re-re-re-rematch.

Also, Kofi deserves better. He's such a waste.

Decent ppv, spoiled by one glaring fuck-up. No, no the slightly botched table spot at the end....the sign writer wrote NEW WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGH CHAMPION. Missed out the T in heavyweight. For such a monumental occasion, that's a big fuck-up in my opinion!

WWE seem to be suffering from typos all over lately. They managed to misspell

I thought the first half of this was a very good PPV. Then Clay vs Truth took the air right out of the bubble, and following it with Miz vs Kofi didn't help at all. Bryan vs Wyatt's was decent after that, but the Main Event was disappointing. It was a match I wasn't into (because of the participants rather than the stipulation) and the match wasn't good enough to get me into it.

Punk vs the Shield was as well booked and executed as it could be considering they were giving Punk the win (although I wouldn't have booked the match in the first place). AJ vs Natalya was pretty good (much better than anything the Divas have done for months). Sandow did a great job in the IC title match in that he worked fast to get in strikes and actually played the underdog role well. The outcome was obvious, but I enjoyed it. Langston is great. Tag Team Title match was really good.

Then Clay vs Truth was a Raw match on PPV. As was Kofi vs Miz with added no DQ. No-one was interested.

Bryan/Wyatt's was good. Orton vs Cena was a disappointment.

Was nice to get through a whole PPV without a smoz finish. Ok show. Just a shame that it started strong and tailed off.

• Paid Members
WWE suffers from Dusty Finish Syndrome at this point. They've done so many fucky main event finishes, that whenever we get a clean one, it's a deflating anti-climax. Once Orton won, I was thinking "Okay, now for the actual finish to the PPV..." and waiting for something to happen, but it didn't.

That's fair, generally speaking, but I think it was hammered home extra-hard last night by the way that even Randy Orton looked like he was surprised by the clean finish.

Well I quite enjoyed TLC if I'm being honest, was really looking forward to the main event, which I think delivered to be fair, I was expecting a finish seeing Cena pull down one and Orton pull down the other but I'm glad that didn't happen and it was nice to see a clean finish and not a screwy one. As much as some people either dislike Orton or Cena or both of them they put on a great match and seeing Orton in the ring at the end with both Titles, Vince, Stephanie and Triple H it did look awesome, he is kinda that Corporate guy, I am interested in seeing how the Stephanie knock down on Raw plays into it though as I don't think that's the end of that. Triple H seemed to have a sly smile after Orton had apologised to him about it which makes me think he does have something up his sleeve to get him back.

Also I enjoyed The Shield and Punk, Reigns spearing Ambrose was a great finish as it is furthering to plant the seeds of The Shield's fall and eventual split.

Wyatt rocking Bryan's head in his lap after The Wyatts defeated him was also a brilliant image, I'm becoming more and more curious about whether or not they will have Bryan end up with The Wyatts or what they will do with them.

I was actually expecting AJ to drop the Title to Natalya after all of the news about her big freak out backstage so was surprised to see her retain it, who's to say Natalya or someone else may not win it tonight on Raw though?

Yeah bit annoyed they can have Brodus and R-Truth on the card and Fandango and Ziggler on the preshow, why not switch them around as Fandango is much more entertaining than those two and Ziggler is so much more talented than them, it's a shame to see how Ziggler has had his push just taken away from him over the year.

Miz and Kofi I wasn't too bothered about as I think both guys are pretty decent wrestlers but the problem I have is the way it is being booked, it seems to be all over the place.

I did enjoy the Tag match too but nothing really to comment on there other than I thought the guys in that match put a great match on.

But yeah overall I quite enjoyed it and it was nice not to see a swerve or a screwjob or anything like that and to see exactly what WWE promised us, a Unified Champion.

Was discussing this with a friend and he was saying that why did not one but two three on one handicap matches take place on a PPV? Should this type of match not take place on an episode of Raw to build toward a PPV match than actually being a PPV match in itself?

Like for example if Daniel Bryan beat The Wyatt's on Raw in a three on one handicap match on raw he would get a title shot?

It just seemed like the two handicap matches were booked to get people on a show rather than it make any proper logical booking sense to build towards the new year.

Archived