WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV

Doog

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance of a Teddy Long Christmas present ala Armageddon 2006 and the four way being made into a Ladder match? TLC normally has individual Tables, Ladders and Chairs matches

I was thinking this myself. I don't have any faith in WWE having the originality or creativity to steal an idea from seven years ago, though.

I can see WWE's logic in not putting on a Ladder Match, a Tables Match and a Chairs Match on the show. If the show can't sell with Orton vs. Cena in a Unification Championship match with one of the biggest gimmicks WWE has attached, then adding either of those matches to the undercard isn't going to do much help. Rather keep them gimmicks for later. Maybe a return of the Ladder Match at Wrestlemania perhaps?

Either way, I'm hyped. This is the most interested I've been in wrestling in general in absolutely ages, and this is one of the only shows I'm actually planning on watching the whole way through. I'm expecting a Wyatts and Shield wins, setting them up for their inevitable clash (which will start during the Rumble). Shield will win when Reigns saves Ambrose by spearing Punk out of his boots and Wyatts will win through some form of shenanigans, maybe involving Kane.

I'm also thoroughly expecting Punk & Bryan to enter 1 and 2 in the Rumble and surviving until the end, with Bryan maybe pipping Punk to the post.

I haven't watched WWE since Battleground so I'm just not able to be invested in this show at all seeing no build.

See the problem is since HHH and Stephanie have been back on the scene it just makes me want to switch off. It doesn't make me want to continue to watch to see the new corporation get their comeuppance from the faces in the locker room as the character dynamic is so poor that I can't get behind any of the faces to be bothered to see them rebel against the corporation.

• Paid Members

I'm really up for this show, surprisingly for an end of year PPV. I don't see there not being a bullshit finish in the main event but you never know. Trying to decide if I can justify staying up for it and then getting to work for 9am. Anyone on chat tonight?

The card is actually looking a lot stronger on paper to me today than it did before, think it's the addition of the four way tag match and the fact that Cena has succeeded in making this unification match feel like a big deal.

Or maybe I'm just excited because it's a PPV day.

I'm way too excited about the possibility of Triple H winning now though, I'll probably be bitterly disappointed as Cena overcomes the non-existent odds.

Thinking the patented numbers game helps The Shield get the win over Punk- ending with a Reigns spear, of course- and D-Bry manages to clear Harper and Rowan from the ring with some low bridging and dropkicks, and then rolls up Bray for the quick 1-2-3.

... That sounds oddly specific, swear I'm not the Reddit guy, just how I can see it in my head. If it helps, in my head I often see me laying with Eve Torres, that's how much credibility my thought processes have.

• Paid Members

Thought it was pretty shit. Not so much in terms of match quality, but more in that nothing really happened. Nothing with the McMahons, nothing with Bryan and The Wyatts, AJ won, nothing with Michaels or HHH, etc. It just seemed like any episode of Smackdown, where it's match after match with nothing between.

[Thought it was pretty shit. Not so much in terms of match quality, but more in that nothing really happened. Nothing with the McMahons, nothing with Bryan and The Wyatts, AJ won, nothing with Michaels or HHH, etc. It just seemed like any episode of Smackdown, where it's match after match with nothing between/quote]

I thought it was pretty poor too, I kinda expected some kind of storyline involvement to start the Mania season but it Just didn't get going? All I can see last night is Cena siding with Vince going against HHH or Orton again at Mania, Which in my book will be shit. After Mondays exciting end to raw, this show and ending just felt kind of flat. Orton being undisputed champion will probably go the same way as Jerichos undisputed run IMO.

The opener was decent, Wyatt looked really good for once and the tag match was really enjoyable.

But there was too much bad on this show....

Brodus/R-Truth should be nowhere near a PPV.

Miz/Kingston was dire, does the WWE really think anyone wants to see this match over and over.

And I cant really believe what they are doing to the Kane character, surely one of the worst skits of all time.

So overall pretty disapointing and flat in my books.

I recorded/watched as it wasn't a PPV and I'm waiting in for a delivery.

Just finished it and I found it fairly dull. Handicap matches had little heat till the end of each because the dynamic is just awkward. 4 way tag team match seemed sloppy somehow although again the last two falls were fun? World titles match was okay but the contrived weapon shots felt just that - contrived. Rest was filler with the same old WWE style matches which makes it boring.

I watched the last ten minutes of Raw(first time in months) because reports said they set up up intrigue great and indeed they did. However if the end result was just an Orton win then it was stupid to get people's hopes up they would follow up with anything else except a dull continuation of the stupid authority storyline which has driven fans (like me but also seemingly a good proportion of their US TV audience) away. I can't see a way they're going to recapture my interest or ppv buy money until WM itself. And given the end shots are setting up HHH vs Vince's choice at WM I might not buy that even.

Finally why the hell wouldn't you promote the 'historical' unification on a major PPV - if the aim was to replenish it as a draw/important thing in itself they needed as many people watching as possible and a long decent build utilising former champs (Funk. Flair and maybe even Hogan if they are thinking about him for WM etc) and the video packages they used last night. Soo stupid to hotshot it unless they're going to disrespect the stip and split the belts again on Raw. It was interesting seeing this show (and the build) after reading the Powerslam account of the original unification and then split - they've learnt nothing.

Pretty rubbish. Fair play to Cena, Stephanie and Triple H the last few weeks, they've had me interested in another round of Cena vs Orton. But that match surely didn't live up to any expectations. For all their parallels and on-paper rivalry, Cena and Orton just don't have good chemistry. And like probably everyone else, I thought there'd be something more going on. After Cena hit the table and Orton started posing instead of grabbing the belts, I was expecting lights to go out, musics to hit, someone to do something. But then he grabbed the belts and that was that. Boring.

There was nothing else of consequence on there other than Reigns spearing Ambrose. The two handicap matches were good. I enjoyed AJ retaining the title, because Natalya's the only diva I like less than her, and Natalya seems the sort to get proper upset when she's booked to lose a big match. I hope they promised her a win then changed their mind right before her entrance.

The undercard was an episode of Smackdown (which is fine if you like that sort of thing), and the main event was a letdown.

Finally why the hell wouldn't you promote the 'historical' unification on a major PPV

Because there's only one major PPV, and that has part-timers and nostalgia names selling it. Then the next tier is Rumble and SummerSlam. The Rumble match sells itself, and SummerSlam is over half a year away. The December PPV is the perfect time to do a unification match, because it sells a lacklustre show and then feeds right into WrestleMania season.

The December PPV is the perfect time to do a unification match, because it sells a lacklustre show and then feeds right into WrestleMania season.

What about the promotion? If you do a unification match with a three week half arse build that is crazy. You're either throwing buys away or admitting you don't believe you can arrest your PPV business decline with decent promotion or more to the point you don't care enough to plan. Roll on the network where everything apart from the top three will be like episodes of Smackdown.

I'd also argue the PPV buy rates for the RR suggest if it is the draw it's a declining one and needs all the help it can get (last year Rock pushed the number up). I'll be interested in Raw but given they didn't use the post main event spot to do an angle it suggests they had time to do unification at RR and then move to Vince vs HHH/Stephanie (God help us) in time to do a two month build.

Archived