Emmerdale - Hardcore Revolution

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Has anyone been watching this recently? Its been intense. It all started with Cockney Cameron murdering half the village and shagging Chasity and Debbie Dingle. There was long build to a big showdown where Cameron held up the Woolpack with shot gun. The episode was great. People were getting shot, Zak got humbled and then made a big comeback which led to some girl getting shot. It was a big over the top storyline.

I stopped paying attention to it after that, because I thought it had peeked. They aren't getting better than that. Little did I know, that's the direction of the show these days. Its mental. I watched the omnibus today. The variety is like ECW in its heyday. Everyone is over. One episode featured Cain's Scottish girlfriend and her son Adam working on the farm. This is 10'o clock, so you arent mentality prepared for these kinds of storylines at that time of the morning. A bloke gets out of a car and asked Cain's lass "is your lad about?" She informs him he isn't. He says "dont worry I'll wait". Smelling a rat, the son says "no you wont". Upon hearing this 'threat', the bloke does the nWo point (he doesn't but lets pretend he does) and the Aces and 8s arrive out of a van, lock the women in a van, and give the son a Horseman beat down in the barn. It was fucking brutal. Cain made the save, but it was all in vain as the masked men fled the scene, smashing the farm up.

moira-barton-adam-barton-emmerdale-1-460x307.jpg

THE NEXT scene (I shit you not), Rodney grasses up Eric Pollard to a hard man who's wife he's been diddling and says Pollard did it. In a pure comedy storyline, the bloke punches Eric, so Val swears revenge on Rodney. She goes to the cafe says Easy E has dropped dead of a heartattack. A distraught Rodney consoles Val and Eric pops up out of his death bed like the Undertaker. These two storylines happening on the same fucking episode! A brutal beating and Pollard loling it up. Amazing variety on this soap.

soaps-emmerdale-673132-2.jpg

Also there's Sunday Morning War going on between a pair of feuding vicars. Its a piss take. The village is split like Raw and Smackdown over who the better vicar is. Its like they've thrown the formula out the window in this show. Its great. They are one step away from calling it Extremerdale.

27zfdjb.jpg

"To the Seth Armstrongs and the Terry Woods and the ... Ned Glovers".

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Emmerdale has been by far the best soap for ages now. The build up to that Cameron thing was good by Soap standards and the gradual rebirth of Zak Dingle has been awesome too. They are the best at doing comedy aswell.

Sure it goes through shit phases but on the whole Emmerdale has always been the best when it comes to being just plain daft and over the top imo, I mean come on they even dropped a fucking Airplane on the village once.

If I had to pick one soap and only one soap to watch it would be Emmerdale.

• Paid Members

My girlfriend got me watching this ages ago and I know all the characters and everything now. Pollard sold that punch like Steamboat.

There's definitely a 90s wrestling feel to the show for me as well. The other week Charity ruined her cheating bloke's car and there was shades of Austin wrecking Vince's Corvette about it for me.

Pisses all over Eastenders with the constant Kat and Alfie boredom.

I love Emmerdale. It's fantastic and has been for a while. I really got into it with the whole Aaron Dingle gay thing. It was pretty intense and instead of being like another soap where someone would be like 'Alright so I'm gay and angry' Aaron kicked the shit out of Paddy.

Check it out (towards the end, otherwise you see some dross)

Like all soaps though there are some shit things in it. The lesbian couple are just shit, along with there children. Dan's cool though, but I hate Kerry. Irritating in every way. Betty's boring and crap too, and Declan, Katie and all that lot are just wasting my time. I've always hated Katie, I think she's a shit actress and not really that pretty. She doesn't even look filthy which is just meh.

My biggest problem though is Laurel. She's a fucking bastard. Let me explain in this adorable rant.

She was married to vicar Ashley. Had a rough time but it was nice, then she gets bored out of the blue and decides to start having an affair with Marlon but not sleep with him cause... I dunno prick tease. She's leaves the village with Marlon but decides she won't risk Ashley having custody of the children (why? never explained) and goes back to Ashley but basically tells him he should change his whole personality to keep her. Ashley tries but basically snaps under the pressure and takes it out on the only person he could, his dad. Does Laurel take any blame for messing with the poor guy's head, no she kicked him out the house, out the vicardom and made him homeless by taking all his money.

Then Paddy and Rhonda decide to go to Austrailia with Marlon's baby Leo and take Marlon with them. Which would be fine except now she's broken Ashley she decides she wants Marlon and tells him he can't go. Then she tells him to get a court order denying Rhonda a chance to go with Paddy. She manipulated the whole thing to suit her and her whims. She's a damn bitch with a really annoying voice.

Also, is there anyone who didn't love Killer Cameron? His last scenes were hilarious, it was like a recreation of Jaws in that cellar, it was great.

There's definitely a 90s wrestling feel to the show for me as well. The other week Charity ruined her cheating bloke's car and there was shades of Austin wrecking Vince's Corvette about it for me.

I saw that and thought the exact same thing. I remember wondering if Emmerdale had the budget to be writing off cars and whether they'd be better off leaving that sort of thing to Corrie.

I haven't watched Emmerdale properly for years, but I might give it a go after that write-up. I'll always be a Corrie man, but Peter Barlow and his goatee are carrying the show right now. If they don't finish Hayley Cropper off soon, my patience will really be tested.

As an aside the actress in the first pic in the opening post - Natalie Robb - is a total MILF. Or at least she's MILF age - wonder if she's in the vintage bintage thread that was/is on here?!

I was in the optician at the same time as her about 10/12 years ago. Amusingly there was a telly in the corner and she was on the screen. Anywhere I looked she was there in her awesomness.

• Paid Members

The guy grabbing the girl in the first pic's a mate of mine - he's done a ridiculous amount of journeyman actor work, has played loads of Star Wars bit parts (including Jedi Master Plo Koon), and was also in a few Dr Who episodes (most notable being Waters Of Mars).

• Paid Members
Well tell him to fuck off next time you see him. His work was a little to sniff when the fists started flying. I thought someone had went off script (and left it in, in a TNA-esque fuck up).

Hahaha, will do!

Archived