BritWres Downloads

So I thought I'd start a topic for all the British Wrestling companies offering their shows as Downloadable Content, in addition to the traditional DVD option because, personally, I'm getting quite into it if I fancy watching some wrestling on a Friday/Saturday evening and nothing of what I have interests me.

I'm thinking we can use this to review and maybe advertise shows available for download. I'll also use this opening post to create a list of promotions that offer this so that others can benefit from it.

I really think a lot of companies are missing a trick with this - if I ordered a dvd, I know I'd forget about it and it'd remain unopened for ages. HOWEVER, if I had the content immediately, then I'd check it out and watch the entire thing in one go (much like I did for PROGRESS Chapter 8). So if this thread can encourage other promotions to offer this - then it can only help the scene.

I'm currently in between watching PROGRESS Chapter 9 and then I'll hopefully start GPW "X". Reviews will be coming shortly...

Downloadable Promotions;

PROGRESS Wrestling - LINK

GPW - LINK

ATTACK! Pro Wrestling - LINK

Pro Wrestling: EVE - LINK

Here at PROGRESS we're currently remastering our last few shows to 1080p (HD).

These new versions will replace the DVD-quality downloads we currently have available, and anyone who has already bought those shows on download will get sent the 1080p version for free.

We're also going to be offering single matches to buy, rather than a whole show.

If more promotions offer this, I'm gonna be skint. It'd be a terrific way to do business. ICW are starting their on demand in 2014.

ICW can take my money right now. I'm in desperate need of seeing the Edinburgh show with the monster crowd.

I'm just shocked that in 2013 (going on 2014), this isn't the standard way of doing things. Everything's going digital with Netflix and iTunes. I'm not sure the logistics behind it but surely it cannot cost too much to host the shows?

And onto the show reviews, after watching PROGRESS Chapter 9, I can say the 6-Man Tag was amazing. Too many funny and original spots to mention. Kris Travis's LAD gimmick is an absolute joy and Grado is like a scottish Colt Cabana, but genuinely funnier. Oh and Jimmy Havoc straight up murdered Jim Smallman (who's surprisingly my favourite announcer / authority figure in wrestling).

If more promotions offer this, I'm gonna be skint. It'd be a terrific way to do business. ICW are starting their on demand in 2014.

That's good to hear. I've always been baffled by how unavailable ICW's shows were, the YouTube show was a great innovation for them but they haven't done it in months, and since I can't get to the shows in Glasgow I've been out of the loop apart from reports.

In 2014 we will also be offering single match buys from 49p so if people don't want to watch the whole show they can just pick the matches they want.

If you haven't checked our service out before, now is a good time, we've got 30% off all DVD's and MP4's, so you can download our huge 10th Year Anniversary show for as little as

• Paid Members
In 2014 we will also be offering single match buys from 49p so if people don't want to watch the whole show they can just pick the matches they want.

If you haven't checked our service out before, now is a good time, we've got 30% off all DVD's and MP4's, so you can download our huge 10th Year Anniversary show for as little as

• Paid Members

Archived