Cena and PED's

Jimmy Boy

Just reading a lot about cena and the fact that he's always stated he's clean and never used anything such as performance enhancing drugs! The guy is huge and comes back from crazy injuries so fast (muscle tears that are associated with using these) but always says he's never used it and people caught using them should have lifetime bans amongst other punishments. What's everyone's view on this, are we niave to think the guy is completely clean as a whistle whilst also stating his abhorance for people who use these?! Surely you can't get that big naturally?!

I don't think he is THAT big to be honest. He is big yeah, a big lad, ripped to shreds. But legit height is only 5'10 so he is going to look bulkier.

Would imagine almost every WWE performer uses some sort of Human Growth Hormone. That doesn't affect Testosterone levels so they wont fail a drug test.

I recently went to a WWE show and sat in the 3rd row, so I could see every wrestler clear as day. I was surprised how most wrestlers seemed to look fairly normal, obviously in good shape, like, but not quite as muscular as they appear on TV. Cena was the exception though, looking like a damn action figure. The only other guy who was remotely close to him in terms of physique was Cesaro.

Whenever Cena has had to address the topic of PEDs from what I've heard, he's always specifically denied using steroids, which has lead me to believe for years he's used HGH. Personally, I don't feel steroids should be illegal in professional wrestling. They've been around for years, and it's not a legitimate sport. If Hollywood actors like Stallone can do it without anyone batting an eye, wrestling should be the same IMO. After the Benoit incident, people attributed it to his steroid use, calling it "roid rage". Hogan and Warrior have left their families well alone, so I think that theory's shot.

Didn't Cena do a lot of body building when he was younger? I think I have seen a picture of him ripped to shreds, he surely must have been on something back then. I'm not an expert but I do know someone who used to do body building, and while he doesn't take any steroids now he is still in really good shape. He explained that because of muscle memory it's a lot easier for him to be bigger now without having to take anything. That might be bollocks as it is purely "I heard in the pub" type trivia

• Paid Members
I just find it weird he takes such an anti drug stance but looks like he's on the gas

It doesn't though, really. Most people just think any one in great shape must be on gear. Especially wrestling fans, when really they haven't the slightest clue about the subject, but think they do.

Cena is on steroids without a doubt. He probuably gets told by management when there will be testing done and told to not take any so it passes out of his system when he gets tested. Once tested and shown all clear he will be right back on them.

He needs to be in that shape, that's the shape of the top dog the WWE wants to be the real face of the WWE.

• Paid Members
It doesn't though, really. Most people just think any one in great shape must be on gear. Especially wrestling fans, when really they haven't the slightest clue about the subject, but think they do.

Yep. To use an example from MMA, this fucker, Kiril Sidelnikov, tested positive for steroids in 2009;

baby-fed.jpg

Things aren't always as they appear.

Now of course that doesn't prove one way or the other if Cena has used anything, but being in great shape doesn't necessarily mean you're injecting your arse cheeks with stuff either. The 'you can't get that big without steroids' line usually comes from people who just assume muscles = steroid use.

I think he's most obviously on something. Nobody looks that bulky naturally, he's got the vein-popping going on.

Anybody with low body fat will have veins popping out when they exert themselves. I'm pretty sure most of the wrestlers warm up to get a bit of blood pumping beforehand as well which would make him look all the more vascular.

Archived