Coliseum Video Book Guides

History of Wrestling

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm almost certain Hits & Misses didn't come out on VHS. Like Ian said I'm sure Hulk Still Rules and nWo - Back In Black were the last ones or very close to it. And they came out in 2002, Hits & Misses was well into 2003 I think because Foley wasn't back on the scene until around May/June 2003.

Plus, wasn't Hits & Misses pretty much just a bunch of matches with short intros for each from Foley? The profile VHS' around that time were usually an hour or so long, behind the scenes/documentary type things. Hits & Misses was 2 discs of matches. They'd have had to chop it right down to highlight form for VHS.

What did they do with the nWo - Back In Black VHS? I assume it was just the documentary bit, right?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the last VHS WWE ever put out was SummerSlam 2005, so much later than most people (including us initially) even realised. WrestleMania 21 was the last VHS release in the UK.

As far as the contest, it was usually just the documentary from a DVD that made it to VHS, hence why the Ric Flair DVD never came out, since it was mostly just 45/60-minute matches. We figured the same would be true of the Foley release but we found a listing for it on the US Amazon but no other proof it existed.

Having talking to a few people, there was apparently a time when a 1PW show that was never taped (or at least ever released) showed up in Amazon listings but was unavailable, and we wondered if it was someone back then just jumping the gun. That Australian release could be a big help if it's not a bootleg, it's just so hard to find people with this late-era stuff who haven't dumped the lot for a DVD upgrade! Haha.

Shit I never realised it was that late - I have No Mercy 2004 on VHS and thought that was around the end didnt realise it kept on for almost a year later.

When the documentaries started coming with full matches and being hours long they quickly stopped the feature VHS tapes I know the first cage match comp was VHS but with loads of highlight only matches, I think From the Vault: Shawn Michaels might have had a cut down VHS release to

• Moderators
Lets get a Silver Vision/Coliseum video discussion going.

I started a similar thread a few months ago. It contained a photo of a jiffy bag which upset people :laugh:

Because the period people just put up pictures of anything and everything all the time (everyone knows what a VHS looks like for fucks sakes) was one of the worst things on this board ever. No conversation, just shit fucking jpegs of everything. Luckily that horrible period of time passed, and now people discuss again.

EDIT: I'm not on about the picture of a VHS in the post previous. That's actually pretty fucking important in the context of the thread.

• Paid Members
P.S. Can anyone offer up proof to help us confirm or deny the existence of Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses as a VHS release?

Don't think it was.

I have it on DVD. If it was available on VHS, I'd have probably grabbed that instead.

P.S. Can anyone offer up proof to help us confirm or deny the existence of Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses as a VHS release?

Don't think it was.

I have it on DVD. If it was available on VHS, I'd have probably grabbed that instead.

We never released it on VHS in the UK that's for sure.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/Z...G/$_12.JPG

This is apparently the Australian release found earlier in the thread, and here's a link to the US Amazon site that lists it here. After a bunch of searching, I think this is as much proof as we're going to find, short of someone popping up saying "Hey, I own the VHS version!"

While we are on the subject of random and rare tapes, does anyone happen to know ANYTHING about the Australian versions of the other Coliseum tapes?

These are currently on eBay with completely different cat numbers, some different covers and a couple of different distributors (eg. Video Unlimited, Virgin and Fountain Flicks). Are these PAL? Anyone ever come across a listing of what is available?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODA5WDEwNzE=/z/R...6GBQ~~60_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTExMVgxMTU0/z/T...uBJQ~~60_57.JPG

Bought books 2 and 3 for Kindle and have been plowing through the former - it's a fantastic read. Informative, authoritative, entertaining and funny without trying to crowbar in a joke every three sentences. Highly recommended. Bravo, lads.

Archived