Paul Walker RIP

ajlee's future hubby

so does the next film get shelved as would be bad taste, or does it get released as a tribute?

not a legend, but the F&F franchise are a massive hit, and the early films during the peak in car modding captured an era.

While he was no legend it is still shocking and upsetting news to hear that Paul Walker had passed.

I love the Fast and Furious movies, although more for the Rock and Vin Diesel, his contribution cannot be ignored, and this past Thursday I literally re-watched both Fast 5 and 6. I was so pumped for Fast and Furious 7, the movie will feature Vin, The Rock, Jason Statham, Tony Jaa and Kurt Russell!! So it was my most anticipated movie of 2014, hearing it may now be in jeopardy seriously sucks.

Also Paul Walker seemed like a good guy, I rarely heard his name mentioned as difficult to work with or involved in any sleaze.

Brick Mansions an unnecessary remake of the French movie District 13 was his last completed film and should be released next year, hopefully it will do him proud.

I recommend anyone who has not watched Running Scared to give it a look as it shows Walker was capable of more than being a pretty boy.

RIP

I heard about this this morning, while at work. It's one of those bits of news that you're sure is a prank or something. In interviews, he always seemed genuine, humble, and self aware - he knew he traded on his looks but always tried to get better at his craft. A lot of people focus on the muscle in the F&F films, but Walker always held his own alongside Diesel and then Rock. There's some Richard Donner time travel film, Timeline, where he goes back in time to rescue Billy Connolly, which is solid tea time filmage. He was one of the 27%ers, definitely.

As part of me and my wife's "life plan" thing, we were going to get a blue-eyed rag doll cat (the breed, not a toy) that we were going to call Paul Walker. I guess that'll be kind of a tribute!

RIP, handsome man.

• Paid Members
The car was going way too FAST and now the financial backers of the new F&F movie are FURIOUS

One day SUSPENSION for a lame ass joke from a SHITHEAD.

One day? You've gone soft Chest!

Anyway now this kind of has it's own thread, here's what I said in the other one.

That's really sad and shocking news about Paul Walker, I've mentioned many times here that he's one of my favourite actors, I'm not crying or anything but this news has upset me more than any celebrity dying in a very long time. It's a real shame he's gone at such a young age. R.I.P.

If anyone wants to see a film of his Vehicle 19 which is a recent South African police corruption thriller he starred in was surprisingly good.

• Paid Members

I've had Running Scared on DVD for a good while (got it as a free DVD when buying two others) and always kind of avoided it thinking it wouldn't be very good. Finally watched it a few months ago and realised how wrong I was, brilliant film.

Archived