Haskins V Robbie X - Challenge TV TONIGHT, 11.30pm

Dunny

If wrestle talk want footage I'm sure lots of companies would oblige, the fact Southside offered footage and weren't taken up on the offer is very disappointing. Using footage of UK shows certainly would be better than most of the stuff they currently put on the show. Even if they just showed matches with imports at least the UK opponent and company hosting it would get some coverage.

Did anyone watch this? Was the footage actually decent quality?

That's a big hurdle overcome if so. When they used the footage of PCW, who have the best quality stuff going, they made it look like a 4th generation VHS copy.

Yeah was decentish quality, but was the ALEX SHANE SHOW, writlarge Benny, Completely ruined the match to be fair

• Paid Members
Did anyone watch this? Was the footage actually decent quality?

That's a big hurdle overcome if so. When they used the footage of PCW, who have the best quality stuff going, they made it look like a 4th generation VHS copy.

It was EXACTLY like watching FWA on TWC. Hard camera position, lighting, editing between shots.. plus the restart finish was right out of the Shane school of booking.

Credit to Ligero, Haskins and the extras involved though, they held up the in-ring side, such as it was with the Streetfight stipulation.

If wrestle talk want footage I'm sure lots of companies would oblige, the fact Southside offered footage and weren't taken up on the offer is very disappointing. Using footage of UK shows certainly would be better than most of the stuff they currently put on the show. Even if they just showed matches with imports at least the UK opponent and company hosting it would get some coverage.

Southside put on great shows. I personally love watching them and while not seeing a full show, the clips I've seen of the venue Ben mentioned looked great. Ben & Southside are a credit to British wrestling in my opinion.

We have worked particularly hard in the last 12/18 months to try and tailor the way we work to focus on a TV audience and not just the live crowd. Believe me it can be VERY different. It's been a steep learning curve for myself and my amazing team but we have definitely made progress and the way we set up shows is now very different to 18 months ago. It's something we consciously decided to focus on because it's the key ingredient to going to that 'next step' (no matter how aspirational that is).

The footage was far, far from perfect and there are some things we immediately need to fix and now know how to fix that I've learned from that full weekend we ran.

But that focus has meant I believe we are doing some things combined that no other company in the country is doing regularly. For a long time now, we have put a lot of effort into the staging, branding, character/story development and atmosphere at our events which was hopefully noticeable on TV. Running two shows of that magnitude in terms of production in two days as we did that weekend, is not an easy task physically and man power wise! We traveled with 3 vans worth of equipment with a huge task of putting up and taking down in a very small time space. All of our (main) shows have full ring lighting that we are constantly working to improve.

These shows were a SIX camera shoot that I'm unaware anybody in the country is getting anywhere near on a regular basis (or many indy companies in the world). Admittedly though one wasn't used in the final edit of the match. These small details make a big, sometimes unnoticed difference, when pitching to TV companies such as Challenge. I know because I've had to work hard to learn this myself.

Alex was with us that weekend solely in a commentary role with bits of help on fine tuning some of the production elements.

I wanted to say thank you to those who took the time out to tune in and give the show, British wrestling and NGW a chance to change some opinions despite maybe some being turned off previously by format changes as I've heard from previous feedback. Feedback on places like here is an important element to improving output like Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

From our facebook page:

Enjoyed our appearance on TV last month? Well NGW is back on national TV once again before the end of the year!

This Sunday on Challenge TV (freeview 46) at 11.45pm, following TNA IMPACT and WrestleTalk TV, see Stixx & Colossus Kennedy challenge for the NGW Tag Team Championship against Team GB (Sam Bailey & Zack Gibson) from Eternal Glory Night 2 at the Sports Arena in Hull on Sunday Nov 10th.

Share and spread the word - a huge statement to have NGW on national TV two months in a row!

As part of BWC: British Wrestling Round Up also featuring CM Punk V Samoa Joe from the archives

• 4 months later...

10258698_10152446451405815_6286256031587935074_n.jpg

Instead of starting a new thread just a bump to give anyone who's interested a heads up that tonight on Challenge at 11.30pm following TNA Impact & WrestleTalk footage from our March event 'Destiny' will be airing as part of British Wrestling Round Up.

See two of Britain's very best as Mark Haskins takes on Robbie X in front of a great live crowd. This footage is a massive improvement on our last offering on British Wrestling Round Up, arguably the best British wrestling has look in a long time. Check it out and see if you agree.

Archived