WWE UK Tour 2014

leeds

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Manchester or Liverpool dates. :(

First time in 7 years that a WWE U.K. tour hasn't had at least one North West date on it (last time being the April 2007 tour).

Liverpool has paid the price for a poorly attended Smackdown taping in November 2011 (3,500 - lowest attended UK WWE tv taping ever; WWE hasn't been back to Liverpool since, not even for a house show).

This week Manchester had a sellout for the Raw taping, but only did 4,500 fans for the Smackdown taping the next night.

I think they should start spreading the tapings. As in for example RAW in Manchester on the Monday and Smackdown on the Tuesday in London. I'd imagine that would increase the attendance for Smackdown, people can't afford to go to both tapings. They're expensive man, plus who wants to go to Smackdown rather than Raw?

I think they should start spreading the tapings. As in for example RAW in Manchester on the Monday and Smackdown on the Tuesday in London. I'd imagine that would increase the attendance for Smackdown, people can't afford to go to both tapings. They're expensive man, plus who wants to go to Smackdown rather than Raw?

I think production costs (financial and time) rule that out.

It's been said time and time again, but I'll say it again.

It's a scandal that Scotland hasn't had a tapings. The Glasgow shows could generally sell out twice over, so they'd be guaranteed a good gate at them. With the Hydro here now, they could easily run a tapings here.

• Paid Members
This week Manchester had a sellout for the Raw taping, but only did 4,500 fans for the Smackdown taping the next night.

Is that legit? 4.5k people in the 20k+ Manchester Arena? That's absolutely shocking. I don't follow WWE much these days outside the big 4 PPV's but I thought business was better than that.

Is that legit? 4.5k people in the 20k+ Manchester Arena? That's absolutely shocking. I don't follow WWE much these days outside the big 4 PPV's but I thought business was better than that.

All the upper tiers were covered, as were a bunch of lower tier blocks not on the TV side. Not sure if the numbers are right, but it was nowhere near full. It was the same in November last November.

It's been said time and time again, but I'll say it again.

It's a scandal that Scotland hasn't had a tapings. The Glasgow shows could generally sell out twice over, so they'd be guaranteed a good gate at them. With the Hydro here now, they could easily run a tapings here.

I dunno if the use of the word "generally" is your caveat for last Friday's empty seats in Braehead. Though I think the hype of a tv taping would sell well in the Hydro.

Meltzer reported it. He's usually spot on when it comes to attendance figures from within the company, plus I was there and it certainly tallies with what I saw. It was an identical looking gate to what TNA had in January for the Impact taping in Manchester.

The Manchester Arena isn't 20k+. The 13,000+ they had for RAW was a legit sellout.

I was at Smackdown as well and 4.5k sounds right from what I saw. I was in Row E in front of the hard camera and there was literally no one behind me apart from ring crew and the guys who work at the cameras and laptops.

The entire upper tier was covered, as was the lower tiers behind to my left.

It's a shame but you can't blame people not wanting to go to a show with half the people that were on it the night before at the same price.

It's a problem that's going to keep hitting WWE until they put everyone on one tour.

That said, the RAW tapings being sold out will hopefully bode well for Manchester in the future.

Archived