Ridiculous ways wrestling has worked itself into your everyday life

HarmonicGenerator

Thought of another one : If I ever got into a drunk playfight/adolescent skirmish type thing I'd find myself automatically doing those verbal noises Mankind used to make during his matches [you know ... the way he'd kind of run into his opponent and go "ahhda", "wahhhdya"].

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
Thought of another one : If I ever got into a drunk playfight/adolescent skirmish type thing I'd find myself automatically doing those verbal noises Mankind used to make during his matches [you know ... the way he'd kind of run into his opponent and go "ahhda", "wahhhdya"].

Yep, definitely guilty of that one too. Does anybody else practice their moonsaults with their TV remote?

Also:

Sometimes I Bullhammer my hand and get a bit of a thrill if it makes a decent slap sound.

When I'm waiting for someone to turn around, I always pretend I'm about to Sweet Chin Music them.

Ric Flair struts on to dance floors are a common occurrence, followed by the Funkasauras claws.

When I'm dying for a shit, I usually stumble to the toilet like I'm just about to hit the fourth post in a strap match.

If someone playfully hits me on the head, I'll sell it like Triple H does after he blades.

Similarly, anyone who's near me when I have a tall thin instrument in my hand is getting knocked on the head the way Triple H does with his sledgehammer.

Like everyone I'm sure, I adjust my glove the same way Kane does.

Last few steps before I reach the top of the staircase? I'm definitely jumping to the top like Lesnar does.

I ended up living at my partner's mum's house a few years ago and her little brother stole a pack of Maryland cookies out of the room. I had to find a fitting punishment, so I made him take his top off and gave him five Ric Flair chops to the chest. With a customary "WOOOOooooooo!" between each chop as well. The missus' mum wasn't too pleased when she found out. But he's never robbed another pack of Maryland since.

• Paid Members

-- On Saturday morning an advert came up for Strictly. I started humming the Fandango theme as I went to the kitchen, and did the same on the way back and did a little dance in the process. Since he debuted, any cheesy dance music like that gets me doing stupid little jigs and so on.

-- On a similar note to the Peterborough guy, there's a place just off the A47 in Norfolk that I drive past every day called "Swanton Morley" which makes me wonder if Jeff Hardy ever did the move on Val Venis/Chief Morley. Strange combination there for a place-name involving wrestlers!

-- When I'm yawning and need to stretch, I do the HHH arms back pose that he does on the apron. Without the flexing that comes afterwards.

• Paid Members

I got off my bike by Orton Street once, and did an Orton pose, apropos of nothing - no camera, no friends, just other cyclists and motorists. More embarrassingly, I think realised the M was hidden, and it was actually Morton Street. I didn't do bumps for fifteen minutes and look to tag out, though.

• Paid Members
-- When I'm yawning and need to stretch, I do the HHH arms back pose that he does on the apron. Without the flexing that comes afterwards.

That's pretty much how I stretch when I get up in the mornings.

• Moderators
I ended up living at my partner's mum's house a few years ago and her little brother stole a pack of Maryland cookies out of the room. I had to find a fitting punishment, so I made him take his top off and gave him five Ric Flair chops to the chest.

Ok.

Yep, definitely guilty of that one too. Does anybody else practice their moonsaults with their TV remote?

Also:

Sometimes I Bullhammer my hand and get a bit of a thrill if it makes a decent slap sound.

When I'm waiting for someone to turn around, I always pretend I'm about to Sweet Chin Music them.

Ric Flair struts on to dance floors are a common occurrence, followed by the Funkasauras claws.

When I'm dying for a shit, I usually stumble to the toilet like I'm just about to hit the fourth post in a strap match.

If someone playfully hits me on the head, I'll sell it like Triple H does after he blades.

Similarly, anyone who's near me when I have a tall thin instrument in my hand is getting knocked on the head the way Triple H does with his sledgehammer.

Like everyone I'm sure, I adjust my glove the same way Kane does.

Last few steps before I reach the top of the staircase? I'm definitely jumping to the top like Lesnar does.

They're some great ones that I can relate to.

I've been doing a lot of overtime this week. Usually I go 6am-2pm, but this week I've done an extra 3 hours each day. I've caught myself, when people ask me when I'm working til, whisper-shouting "I'm in til 5!" in the style of Danielson's old "I have til 5!", including adamantly holding up five fingers and at one point calling the person Ref.

Not technically a thing, but there's a thank-you card on a notice board with "Thank Ewe!" and a huge closeup of a sheep's face on it. I fight the urge daily to draw The Wyatts on it.

• 3 months later...